PDA

View Full Version : Patrols for LSF ships - Need help please

kingvaillant
07-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Greetings people,

I am from the Discovery Community and I have began learning the basics of modding. On Disco, I am a co-leader of an LSF faction. Although, I would like to create patrols (area_scout) for LSF ships. The ship model for the patrol is the LSF Avenger (A pimped version of Juni's ship(defender or Executioner)(I already know its name in the file, no problem here).

I have tried to create it myself, but there is a lot of files to edits, and the effect of this was an error from FL while undocking from a station in the system Where I tried to add the patrols.

So I would like to know what files I must edit.

Any help would be really appreciated :)

Thank you.

PS: And when I tested the patrols I made sure that every percentage was not exceeding 100, so the problem isn't there.

Dan's The Man
07-06-2008, 11:57 PM
You should use FLE< it is much easier and better ;)

Gibbon
07-07-2008, 05:24 AM
A basic if sturdy answer lol. To specifics, there must always be a base where the patrol starts or finishes. This base must have an entry for the faction in question in mbase.ini

[BaseFaction]
faction = fc_yourfaction_grp
weight = 10

This is a factor overlooked by FLE as it couldn't care less. IT only creates the path. It's up to you to make sure the mbase entry is there. Secondly, FLE creates an error when doing patrol paths,

[Zone]
nickname = Zone_CL01_path_colonialfleet18
pos = -6122, 0, -10250
rotate = -90, 66, 0
shape = CYLINDER
size = 750, 8082
sort = 99
toughness = 1
density = 5
repop_time = 30
max_battle_size = 4
pop_type = lane_patrol
relief_time = 20
path_label = colonialfleet_08, 5 <-------------------- WATCH THIS LINE LIKE A HAWK
usage = patrol
mission_eligible = True
faction_weight = gd_cl_grp, 10
density_restriction = 1, patroller
density_restriction = 1, police_patroller
density_restriction = 1, pirate_patroller
density_restriction = 4, lawfuls
density_restriction = 4, unlawfuls
encounter = patrolp_gov_patrol, 1, 0.200000
faction = gd_cl_grp, 1.000000

If you you are creating your patrol paths in one sitting, you won't have any issues as the numbers will be consecutive. What i mean by this is if you do a patrol path with 4 waypoints, then FLE will number them 1,1 1,2 1, 3 1,4

If you then add another patrol path at the same time, then this will be 2,1 2,2 and so on. So far so good. Assume you go test this, all works ok, come back into FLE and add another patrol path for the same faction, FLE starts the numbering from the beginning even though this would be your 3rd patrol path. So instead of actually putting in the numbers 3,1 3,2 etc you get 1,1 1,2 and this will bring down FL quicker than a reboot. You have to manually correct these numbers after each session in FLE after you have added a patrol path or things will go horribly wrong.

All this aside, it's a helluva lot easier than doing it all manually and takes seconds if you know what you're doing, just remember those tips :)

kingvaillant
07-12-2008, 01:28 PM
I think I misexplained my problem.

I am creating a zone(not a patrol path) for LSF patrols, no problem there, I can do that easily even without FLE.

BUT, The LSF NPC faction doesn't have an entry in several vitals files allowing them to spawn.

Like you don't have the combat Bahavior, The patrol ship, the guns, the cargo, the armor, the entry for Area scout, and etc. You have nothing except the Tag and the diplomacy.

In FLE, you can "ADD" a patrol ZONE for the LSF, But they just won't spawn at all, since they don't have any ships assigned to them, and etc.

StarTrader
07-14-2008, 01:50 AM
The most common omission is the link from faction_prop.ini to npcships.ini and from npcships.ini to the ship loadouts.ini entry.

Check the bold entries with your files using this example...

faction_prop.ini...
[FactionProps]
affiliation = li_lsf_grp
legality = lawful
nickname_plurality = singular
msg_id_prefix = gcs_refer_faction_li_lsf
jump_preference = jumpgate
npc_ship = lsf_scout_d1-19
voice = pilot_f_mil_m01
formation = fighters, fighter_li_lsf

npcships.ini...
[NPCShipArch]
nickname = lsf_scout_d1-19
loadout = lsf_scout_loadout
level = d12
ship_archetype = avenger
pilot = pilot_military_ace
state_graph = FIGHTER
npc_class = lawful, class_fighter, d1, d2, d3, d4, d5, d6, d7, d8, d9, d10, d11, d12, d13, d14, d15, d16, d17, d18, d19

loadouts.ini...
[Loadout]
nickname = lsf_scout_loadout
archetype = avenger
equip = ge_le_engine_01
equip = npc_shield01_mark05, HpShield01
equip = infinite_power
equip = ge_s_scanner_02
equip = ge_s_tractor_01
equip = ge_s_thruster_01, HpThruster01
equip = li_gun01_mark01, HpWeapon01
equip = li_gun01_mark01, HpWeapon02
equip = li_gun01_mark01, HpWeapon03
equip = li_gun01_mark01, HpWeapon04
cargo = ge_s_battery_01, 12
cargo = ge_s_repair_01, 12
cargo = li_gun01_mark01, 1

This is a simple example where the ship and loadout is the same for all ranks for the LSF NPC's.

When you have gained some experience you can separate the ranks to use different ships and loadouts, for example:-

faction_prop.ini...
[FactionProps]
affiliation = li_lsf_grp
legality = lawful
nickname_plurality = singular
msg_id_prefix = gcs_refer_faction_li_lsf
jump_preference = jumpgate
npc_ship = lsf_scout_d1-9
npc_ship = lsf_scout_d10-19

npcships.ini...
[NPCShipArch]
nickname = lsf_scout_d1-9
loadout = lsf_scout_loadout01
level = d9
ship_archetype = li_elite
pilot = pilot_military_easy
state_graph = FIGHTER
npc_class = lawful, class_fighter, d1, d2, d3, d4, d5, d6, d7, d8, d9

[NPCShipArch]
nickname = lsf_scout_d10-19
loadout = lsf_scout_loadout02
level = d15
ship_archetype = avenger
pilot = pilot_military_ace
state_graph = FIGHTER
npc_class = lawful, class_fighter, d10, d11, d12, d13, d14, d15, d16, d17, d18, d19

Also check the npc_class = lawful in your files. If your LSF faction is lawful then the npc_class must also be lawful.

loadouts.ini...
[Loadout]
nickname = lsf_scout_loadout01
archetype = li_elite
equip = ge_le_engine_01
equip = npc_shield01_mark04, HpShield01
equip = infinite_power
equip = ge_s_scanner_02
equip = ge_s_tractor_01
equip = li_gun01_mark01, HpWeapon01
equip = li_gun01_mark01, HpWeapon02
equip = li_gun01_mark01, HpWeapon03
equip = li_gun01_mark01, HpWeapon04

[Loadout]
nickname = lsf_scout_loadout02
archetype = avenger
equip = ge_le_engine_01
equip = npc_shield01_mark07, HpShield01
equip = infinite_power
equip = ge_s_scanner_02
equip = ge_s_tractor_01
equip = li_gun02_mark03, HpWeapon01
equip = li_gun02_mark03, HpWeapon02
equip = li_gun02_mark03, HpWeapon03
equip = li_gun02_mark03, HpWeapon04

Note - in loadouts.ini when you select weapons & shields etc., make sure your ship can support the class of shield and weapons you choose!

Then the zone toughness in your zone must be higher than the rank you want to allow there.

And the zone density needs to be high enough to allow this faction to spawn if you also have others listed before it.

Another note - if you hacked your exe to allow NPCs to spawn a long way from you and be visible a long way away, then if enough have spawned so far away that you can't physically see them (more than 2,500m) then the density will be fulfilled and no more may spawn near enough for you to see them! So you may not have a problem - just set your distance to less in your hack. :)

I hope this helps.

unicornz
07-16-2008, 06:23 AM
A basic if sturdy answer lol. To specifics, there must always be a base where the patrol starts or finishes. This base must have an entry for the faction in question in mbase.ini

[BaseFaction]
faction = fc_yourfaction_grp
weight = 10

This is a factor overlooked by FLE as it couldn't care less. IT only creates the path. It's up to you to make sure the mbase entry is there. Secondly, FLE creates an error when doing patrol paths,

[Zone]
nickname = Zone_CL01_path_colonialfleet18
pos = -6122, 0, -10250
rotate = -90, 66, 0
shape = CYLINDER
size = 750, 8082
sort = 99
toughness = 1
density = 5
repop_time = 30
max_battle_size = 4
pop_type = lane_patrol
relief_time = 20
path_label = colonialfleet_08, 5 <-------------------- WATCH THIS LINE LIKE A HAWK
usage = patrol
mission_eligible = True
faction_weight = gd_cl_grp, 10
density_restriction = 1, patroller
density_restriction = 1, police_patroller
density_restriction = 1, pirate_patroller
density_restriction = 4, lawfuls
density_restriction = 4, unlawfuls
encounter = patrolp_gov_patrol, 1, 0.200000
faction = gd_cl_grp, 1.000000

If you you are creating your patrol paths in one sitting, you won't have any issues as the numbers will be consecutive. What i mean by this is if you do a patrol path with 4 waypoints, then FLE will number them 1,1 1,2 1, 3 1,4

If you then add another patrol path at the same time, then this will be 2,1 2,2 and so on. So far so good. Assume you go test this, all works ok, come back into FLE and add another patrol path for the same faction, FLE starts the numbering from the beginning even though this would be your 3rd patrol path. So instead of actually putting in the numbers 3,1 3,2 etc you get 1,1 1,2 and this will bring down FL quicker than a reboot. You have to manually correct these numbers after each session in FLE after you have added a patrol path or things will go horribly wrong.

All this aside, it's a helluva lot easier than doing it all manually and takes seconds if you know what you're doing, just remember those tips :)

Well explained Gibbon, pity FLE crashes for me everytime i double click to end the path. I get an error box thrown up everytime fle has encountered a problem and needs to close :(

-->CSystemEditor::PreTranslateMessage (.\SystemEditor.cpp)
-->CSystemEditor::OnLButtonDblClk (.\SystemEditor.cpp)
-->CSystemEditor::AddNewPatrol (.\SystemEditor.cpp)
-->CPatrolProperties::OnInitDialog (.\PatrolProperties.cpp)
Error((this != NULL)) encountered in CSectionParam::GetIntParam (\VC7_Projects3\FreelancerModifier\SectionParam.cp p)

it used to work but not anymore

kingvaillant
07-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanx for the info, Looks like the only mistake I made was a wrong Link between entries.... thus making the game crash.

Didn't try it yet, Will do this weekend, I'm real busy.