View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Updating Fool

Default Re: Garry's Mod 10 on Steam today

As I fellow modder, I think it's great that he is finally getting paid for all of his hard work. Making a mod is no easy task, and usually requires a huge amount of time. His mod has to be one of the most impressive and creative ones that I've ever seen, and it didn't get to be that way with a few hundred hours of coding.

For example, for all of the thousands of hours of blood, sweat, and tears I put into the Sam 1 Parse Errors, I got 2 things from only one person. A slightly used 120 gig hard drive and a brand new 6600GT.

So let's see here, if I put in say, 3k hours (prob a decent estimate since I sank every bit of my spare time into it for about 2 years) and got 2 gifts whose worth totals about $350, I ended up getting paid about $0.12 an hour...

Don't get me wrong, I loved making the mods and even chose to put myself through that madness again, but it would be nice to have some kind of reward other than hearing, 'Nice Mod!'.

How many of you would spend countless hours of your free time for a few compliments? You'd have to be Insane...

Last edited by D w K; 11-30-2006 at 12:54 PM.