View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Default Re: DeadKadath's showcase

Holy shitballs. These tracks sound amazing, they have that classic Serious Sam feel to them and the quality of the samples/intstrumentation is great. I'd really love to hear how you made these songs.

However, I'm not a fan of the mastering. I ran the tracks through foobar2000's ReplayGain and all your tracks peak above 2.03 dB, and Desert Peace peaks at 3.36 dB. That's pretty insane and makes your track sound really compressed and without ReplayGain (like in a game) the tracks sound needlessly loud. It's best practice to set the peak level of your track to 1.0 dB and adjust the volume downwards to the quietest channel/sample to preserve the optimal quality. Sadly with the loudness war the average peak of the music industry is at 1.1-1.2 dB, but you can make a change, man.

Anyway, I don't mean to shit on your work. The music itself is absolutely amazing, but it can benefit from more subdued mastering. Hell, if you're interested I would love to use your talent for my project some time.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)