View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #137   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Brute is offline Send a message via MSN to Brute
Default Re: Random game talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Valens View Post
Actually, accelerating to light speed won't rip us apart because of how inertia works when relativistic speeds are concerned. There's a lot of advanced physics maths that goes into it that escapes me. I'll let you know when I find out how it works exactly. Even if that turned out to be false, what would happen is that we'd be pancaked due to the incredible G forces at play, not ripped apart. That's what happens when we fall inside black holes.
Admittedly I know little of astro-physics, but I do know enough to know that the concept of "light-speed" in a starship equating to a bus ride between cities (not to mention high-pitched laser bolt SFX in space) is ridiculous.

Quote:
Again, suspension of disbelief can only go so far. Would you accept it when say, in a Star Wars Universe, a giant marshmallow cloud made of kittens pissing dark matter everywhere the size of 4 galaxies suddenly appeared out of Anakin's ass and started to rain George's Lucas' jizz on every living being in the galaxy before stuffing itself into Obi Wan's mouth shrinking into nothing and disappearing without a trace?
No, but my comparison with the Stormtroopers still holds ground.
Episode I did not stretch reality any more than the original trilogy films did.

Quote:
I laugh again when you cite Devil May Cry, because seriously, it's a Capcom franchise, do you seriously expect any sense put into it? Moreover, everything on DMC4 revolves around the rule of cool.
How is that bad? They established their own ground.
If we're being relativists, which we should be, they can accomplish different things from others, and accomplish them well in their own regard.

Quote:
Again, watch Plinkett's review of the Star Wars Prequel saga. All three sections of it, from the Phantom Menace, to the Attack of the Clones, and then the 'Backstroke of the West' It would behoove you to take the time to listen to points of views that are not your own. You might learn something from the deal, and goodness knows, you have a LOT of learning to do.
That's what I do with you far too frequently. I actually make a habit of taking the time to listen to everyone's viewpoints, even when I disagree with them strongly. I'm quite well-known for it. Your implications are misplaced, and I would ask you do the same. Not that I expect you, again, to disregard your hypocrisy and take your own advice.
It sounds like a long-ass review. I'll check it out if I get the time.

Quote:
And because you asked for it. Here's part 1 of a 12 part podcast that discusses one of the many issues that EA has and how it negatively influences everyone working for them. It's not for your benefit though, because I know that you won't bother listening.
Putting your idiotic assumptions aside, I'll check it out later tonight.