View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 12:50 PM   #523   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched

I watched Spider-Man Homecoming over the weekend and enjoyed it a lot. Definitely the best Spider-Man movie to date... but the bar is set pretty low I just like the nerdy, quirky Peter Parker and it really brings a refreshing tone to the Marvel universe. If you do end up watching it, definitely stay for the after credits scene, probably one of my favorites so far.

8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louva-Deus View Post
Ghost in the Shell was better than I expected it to be. Unlike most anime ports they actually made this into a Hollywood quality film. I think it might have been better if the actress was Asian but you can't have everything.

8/10
I have to agree, but my experience also wasn't tainted by watching other versions of the story. I thought it was well done, great cinematography, well orchestrated fight scenes, and incredible soundtrack. I think the whitewashing controversy was blown way out of proportion and there was even a plot device used to explain it. The funny thing is, the only people complaining about it were non-Japanese folks. Can't remember where I saw it, but I remember watching someone interviewing random people on the streets of Tokyo about the movie. All of them were excited about Japanese source material getting a wider audience and none of them cared that the main character was white.