View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 04:41 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Awww

SLAwww is offline Send a message via ICQ to SLAwww
Arrow The Black Radiance mod

I wasn't a very active mapper during last months because almost all my inspiration for working at mayan mappack had gone. I started some other projects, but got back to the mappack as soon as possible with hope of finishing it "next week". It's very close to the release now, but I can't force myself to work on it any more. And nobody is going to take at least some part of work on the mappack... Actually there were some people, but they either didn't do anything or did everything way too bad.
That's why for now I'm switching to work on previously announced horror mod for SS. It has been in modelling stage for quite some time, and now I'm gonna make some maps for it. And I won't concentrate on architecture details so much this time since the main point of this mod is to scare you. Plus, horror mod doesn't require any big scripted enemy battles.
http://upload.localnetsys.com/upload/august06/TestGame_shot0004.jpg
I used a remake of standart SS enemy on this screen, but all enemies in the mod will be completelly different. It won't remind SS at all. Now it's a mix of Silent Hill, Half-Life 1 and Aliens vs. Predator (no there won't be any aliens ). I've also changed the storyline since the last time I worked on it.
I already have everything I need to start mapping for the mod (models, textures, sounds, etc). I even made a flashlight in XBOX mod that works perfectly without any coding (it even turns up and down!). Now I'm waiting for Fragman to code me one VERY important entity without which the mod will not be possible to make. He already have sources for it, but he can't compile it right now so you can't see the main thing of the mod yet.

Now I'd like to listen to your opinions. I made a list of stuff in computer games that makes them scary. Please add anything you think would also help to make the mod more terrifying.
1) Darkness
2) Unsupposed stuff (you go along the corridor and suddendly.... )
3) Human-like enemies (not monsters like gnaars or mechanoids)
4) Many different kinds of human-like enemies
5) Sounds
6) Painful stuff (giant knifes and torture machines, ....)
7) Realism

Sorry for posting this on Christmas if I insulted anyone. It really doesn't seem to be a good present for such holiday. But I guarantee that you will like playing the mod when it's done. And hopefully, working on it for some time will give me inspiration to finish the mayan mappack...

And btw do you like the title?