Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3 > Serious Sam 3: BFE Workshop

Serious Sam 3: BFE Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam 3: BFE projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #31   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Default Re: Code Lyoko: Reboot

Yep, the project is NOT dead.

What's more it's back with (at least as I think) more progress than ever!

Let's start from the begining...
When I last time tried to work on some CL:R it seems that I accidentally deleted most of the Carthage files, sadly - forever. I tried to rebuild it with the stuff that left, but it sure wasn't easy - the core zone, the key zone, everything was gone...

So I started (with the motivation that my friend gave me to work) from scratch. :3

The thing I still had, was the TowerTest map. A simple map with desert theme from SS3 that had one little tower (as I showed you on some screens). I though that if I don't have Carthage anymore, why couldn't I go as the animated show goes...? Actually, we don't even know that Carthage exist in first levels, so I decided to build first 4 base sectors, fill it up with content and release as the first build...

I started with the Desert Sector. Why, you will ask? Because I already had TowerTest map themed with desert stuff from SS3. Also, that's one of the easiest sector to make, so after I finish it, I could try to make some scripts that will make towers work, and more.

How do I plan to make Desert Sector? Moonscope never released a map or something, and it's hard to make a sector map all from scratch! So I decided to use (steal) some ideas from IFSCL project - Adobe Air game, a simulator of the CL super computer. It's designer made all sectors maps that could be useful for me, so I just decided to follow them to make simple, yet playable sectors which will mostly match CL show. Here is the example screen of full desert region map:

http://gyazo.com/f861d7ebdf760c3824b8263febcaf08f.png

And what I've done you will ask? Nothing much. I just tried to see if I could make it. And it seems I can, since in last two days, I made more progress than I ever did. So, what's new since our last met?

The best thing if you ask me are the Towers - It's design has slightly changed. It's now some sort of fusion between old CL and Evolution towers. But what's most important... You can now GO INSIDE THEM. IT REALLY WORKS. YOU CAN CASUALLY WALK INTO IT TO GET INSIDE. Yep. No scripting yet ofc, but this'll do for now. That's how it looks from the inside:

http://imageshack.us/a/img10/8099/j3li.png

I also told you that I'm making Desert Sector. So, here's the screen of a tower in the lovely background of the cool orange light :
http://imageshack.us/a/img534/189/wbcp.png

I was happy to see how the tower works now with the lighting, until I tried to see it in green (how player will activate it):
http://imageshack.us/a/img843/199/v983.png

Ha, gotta find a way around for that one...

So, right now, using SS3 resources (and replacing them with my own in the right time) I'm building Desert Region. When it'll be 100% finished (with scripting and stuff), I'll try to start making the "mod" itself (like making new weapons based on CL, and making some monsters), so the first build with that playable sector, some missions and basic stuff will be released. For now, that's how it looks (click on it for bigger res):

http://gyazo.com/2aac7c9a48f73d5d114233018af88ccc.png

Promise it'll get better.

So, happy now?
Old 11-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #32   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Oh, forgot to mention... Would you be intrested to watch some developer blogs videos? I guess it's more fun to watch than to read that stuff. Also, I could show you the stuff that's visable only from videos (like how you enter the tower, music, and all kinds of different stuff).
Old 11-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #33   Add To Ignore List  
Me? Serious? How?

I'm not too keen on videos, but it might be a good idea.

Nice work so far. When something extreme catches my eye and makes me go "Whoah", I'll let ya know. More of a lurker than a poster.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:37 AM   #34   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

yeah project is alive again
Anyway great towers so far and nice graphics it looks really nice
I like the mini map it's much like the one on Code Lyoko the Social game
Old 11-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #35   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

The fact that you need to activate those beacons to finish opens up a lot of possibilities with this map. I look forward to seeing how you go on with this.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #36   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Swear to me, that you'll not drop this. please.
If there's chance for at least one decent thing in the future of SS3 modding than it's this. DO IT>
Old 11-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #37   Add To Ignore List  
Andromeda

Seriously! Sam Master

Aww, reminds me my childhood

Procyon, alive... and still shining.
Check STM 1.08B for SSSE by Troy and Zeo.
French mapper and modder since 2010.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #38   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

I can't wait for it!!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #39   Add To Ignore List  
Bio
Mechanoid

Wow, that looks awesome! Nice work so far.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #40   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

So how is this project going?
Old 05-18-2014, 06:05 PM   #41   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Same here, how's the mod going?
I'm really looking forward to this project!!
Old 02-05-2015, 01:40 PM   #42   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

I'm STILL ALIVE!

Because of two free weeks, I'm now working on that project again. :3

Hope to do something that I might actually show you pretty soon, but don't expect me to do so.

WE MODDERS ALSO HAVE LIVES YOU KNOW (and I got like 3 left, because of coins earned in coop)

//EDIT

I meant NOW not NOT, people might thought it is dead or smth, nope IT IS NOT! WORK IS GOING!

yep, that's it.

Last edited by dragon99919; 02-06-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #43   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

So, I said: "I might actually show you pretty soon, but don't expect me to do so."?

I lied. I lied about it not being too soon.

http://i.gyazo.com/3476e3d3195c85f18d525f96af86c3fc.png
Old 02-06-2015, 07:56 PM   #44   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Wow nice work so far I'm glad that this mod is still under construction BTW, great job with the fog and lighting looks stunning.

Old 02-07-2015, 03:15 AM   #45   Add To Ignore List  
Oh Long Johnson

This is looing sexy so far,good job!
Old 02-07-2015, 04:42 AM   #46   Add To Ignore List  
Andromeda

Seriously! Sam Master

Looks very nice !

Old 02-23-2015, 08:14 AM   #47   Add To Ignore List  
Me? Serious? How?

Oh that's just pretty. Well done, glad to see this is still being worked on!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:06 AM   #48   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Haven't posted there for kinda long time, because most of the stuff is now posted in my facebook group which I created with a few of my friends who help me with the project... Thou just to make you sure, that it is still alive and going very well this time, let me show you some things:

Most accurate model of the sector for now, still like... 30% done only.
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10978513_1077341932291267_7992628573130285823_n.jpg?oh=695ff7825e047427ec046eddd543b1b2&oe=564615AC

Old-school towers with cables in the sector:
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10984560_1168507953174664_3426001470291143958_n.jpg?oh=feea2c3154eeeaa5b8b822b5182d088f&oe=564B09E1

Wip Block monster model:
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t35.0-12/11664906_858895367529053_1355074427_o.jpg?oh=63d6af47da960b31e9c0a5f844072311&oe=55B6EE5D

Wip Manta monster model:
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/14398_1167925313232928_8979903000913085835_n.jpg?oh=6b355ce10f3815f9dda1ce81c99e5e5b&oe=56140D28

Also, during development process I kinda changed most of the rules, re-writen the story, but that's TBA, cause I still want to show you some more, when it's moar ready. ^^

Meantime, I hope you enjoy what you see right now.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:22 AM   #49   Add To Ignore List  
Andromeda

Seriously! Sam Master

So you are doing all the monsters?! You mate are a fucking genius ! I'm looking forward to your project so much !!! Good luck anyway, can't wait till it releases.

I love how Carthage looks.
By the way, the models look really awesome, amazing job !

Old 07-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #50   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Wow cool nice monsters and nice work with it Looks great as well and good to see it's still in development The blok is also really nicely modelled too; and also it's my fav character Odd's fav monster as well, so great job there!
Old 07-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #51   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

This is really exciting. :3
Old 07-26-2015, 01:15 PM   #52   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

I actually forgot to say that but, to be specific, I didn't model the enemies or the tower, the other team member did. But I'm sure gonna show him all these great words of yours.

Yep, the project has a team from some time btw.

Last edited by dragon99919; 07-26-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:49 PM   #53   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Yeah it still completely holds. Tell him he's awesome.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:42 PM   #54   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon99919 View Post
Wip Block monster model:
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t35.0-12/11664906_858895367529053_1355074427_o.jpg?oh=63d6af47da960b31e9c0a5f844072311&oe=55B6EE5D
This enemy oddly reminds me of this foe:
http://puu.sh/je0vH/cf2c0f4e8b.jpg
Old 07-27-2015, 12:56 AM   #55   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Nice update! But in all these months you couldn't add a few more lights?
Old 07-27-2015, 04:47 AM   #56   Add To Ignore List  
Andromeda

Seriously! Sam Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devostator View Post
This enemy oddly reminds me of this foe:
http://puu.sh/je0vH/cf2c0f4e8b.jpg

Lol,I agree they are very similar, but it's actually this I guess you know :p

Old 08-02-2015, 12:08 PM   #57   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louva-Deus View Post
Nice update! But in all these months you couldn't add a few more lights?
The map has been completly re-made, and it's not finished, as I said. If I would post here all the changes that I've made in these last few months, you wouldn't care about any light at all, trust me.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:59 PM   #58   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

ALL RIGHT.

I haven't been there for quite a while (the usual me if nobody noticed), but at least I got some cool stuff to show to you!

The project is NOT DEAD, if it would - I would tell ya.

So... The thing today I'm gonna be posting about is mostly blah blah technical stuff. No screens, or stuff like that. Hope you are ready, it's gonna be a long one:

We have been mostly "theoritical" these last few weeks. This means while the work pretty much wasn't really put onto computer screen, we had a couple of meetings with the graphics guy of mine - Piotr, whose work you could already see in previous posts. We were discussing some ideas, things we can and can't do, and stuff like that. There have been lots of conslusions, and here we are now. Let's begin then!

First things first - while working on the virtual world model we had an idea at one point that maybe we could remake Xanadu for the project. It could actually fit the story and serve as a fun-fact Easter Egg (cause it was actually alpha/beta of Code Lyoko, just like this project sorta is). To see how it could look like, watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgiNbuFwORw (old-school CGI warning). The way it looks and works would even fix some problems I've been bothering myself while designing the world (like placing the core in the center, below the surface, while it's actually hard to find a place for it in our latest version). Sadly, we probably won't make it, and why is that is gonna be said couple sentences later. Tho keep in mind that the fact I'm writing it is because maybe you'll find it better to actually remake it, even with the new vision of the project I'm going to tell you about now.

Last weeks I was doing some tests, how the project would be played and such. I even was able to put really wip version of the Block to the game engine, and make it work like it should (death with shooting the eye of xana and such, which was actually quite a problem at the beginning). I also somehow changed the Hammer from Serious Sam 3 with my wip model, and tried to make a test map of the gameplay... And you know what? IT WAS BORING!

Yea, I'm not gonna lie - the project as it was could be easilly called "boring". Still running and strafing just to hit a monster with the same weapon is really boring thing, even with the randomization I'm trying to put into the game and it's puzzles and such. I've met again with Piotrek to tell him about that stuff, and explain things. The point is we wanted to make something like Mirror's Edge at first - lots of running, less shooting, but when it is, it can be quite challenging and stuff. Sadly, we are now aware that things like that just aren't suitable for the engine we are working on. We are using an engine that was designed to make mindless shooters with lots of monsters moving on the screen at once, without much advanced stuff included. We don't really want to change it now, cause I'm pretty sure the project would be dead by that fact - making something big like that on the software you are not familiar with isn't really our thing. That's why we came to conclusion that maybe we weren't aiming at the right point from the start. Maybe we can really make a shooter out of it, like a shooter-shooter? After some talks we even thought it would work if made right. First thing, we are going to give player weapons. Like weapons weapons, yea. We actually even fit the plot into it - if the Project Carthage was at first the military project which later was used a a digital world, why someone couldn't create a materialization program for soldiers at first, somehow like Tyron made it for his Ninjas? Of course it's still based on a kids show, don't forget that. We are not going to put muscular bodies of real-life soldiers in the game, but something... "suitable". We were thinking about something like Sanctum game looked like, where we are playing as soldiers, but suitable to a "cute" universe. Screens there:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/sanctum/images/c/cc/S2_Skye_conceptart.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130607191019

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/sanctum/images/b/b4/Sweet_altskin_S2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130605220158

Of course that doesn't mean we are gonna change the project itself to a complete mindless shooter - we are not gonna make a clone of SS3 with CL graphics, cause it would be senseless. I still haven't forgotten about things the engine has to offer, and it's on our side - mostly LUA coding, which is gonna give us some cool stuff, like the superpowers heroes in CL used (maybe we can develop some sort of system like that in our project too). We are still aiming into making it as CL as possible, even if it's changed. For example, logical puzzles - you have to be quick and swift at some points (like heroes were during second season battles in Carthage, where they had to find the key to not get crushed). Cause we are more like "into monsters" now, it means some new creatures will appear for sure, and maybe some other variants of exisiting ones as well (more powerful versions and such). We'll try to put bosses in some levels too. I also want to aim for randomization, for the best replayability. Random-generated battles with random monsters, changing enviroment each time we visit it (like the Original Carthage maybe). Actually, the changing enviroment is what sits in my head for the most of the time now, and that's main of the reasons we wanted to scrap Xanadu idea.

Hope that somehow not-the-best news won't change your view on the fact that we actually want to do something epic for all Code Lyoko fans. We're there these wans too, and don't want to dissapoint them with a product that wouldn't be fun for them.

That's all for now, till the next time!
Old 01-10-2016, 09:11 PM   #59   Add To Ignore List  
Master of Kalamzoo

all you need is a skilled coder who can twist the engine from within, and I'm your man.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:13 AM   #60   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Now that sounds like a winning combination!