Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3 > Serious Sam 3: BFE Workshop

Serious Sam 3: BFE Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam 3: BFE projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2016, 06:42 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Default Survival Beast Hunt

Kinda surprised nobody came up with that idea...

SURVIVAL BEAST HUNT!

Custom gamemode which allows you to play beast hunt gamemode on survival levels, with few differences. You cannot "complete" the map, so there's a time limit (set up by host), and also there's a penalty for dying from another player like for dying from a monster.

Next update shall include team-based version too!

F.A.Q.

1. Q: Why no frags limit?
A: Well, at the early stages there was one, but it kinda looks like deathmatch with monsters then. It's supposted to be all about making your score higher by killing monsters and making your opponents NOT being able to kill them. Even if it's about score and frag limit is still on - there were situations during tests that player that gains frags limit still doesn't win, and it might be kinda confusing for others. It's better when it's turned off.

2. Q: Can I play custom survival levels with that gamemode too?
A: Sure, all maps that are available for survival are automatically visable for that gamemode too. You can even see that by screenshots - we were playing on Lunar Mountains by Solais from workshop during tests.

Comments and suggestions are warm welcome!

Last edited by dragon99919; 02-14-2016 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:06 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Night Sparrow

Default Re: Survival Beast Hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon99919
Kinda surprised nobody came up with that idea...
The original 1.0 version of Raider Gamemodes had a similar gamemode included ("Beast Survival")... Though, my version was more Survival than Beast Hunt, as I nullified PvP damage and enforced the Survival rules (no respawning). I've long since removed it, but I had been thinking of remaking it with Last Man Standing rules. I ran into problems with the warm-up round though (since LMS requires an in-game warm-up round, which Survival maps aren't set up for), and I never really did anything with it past that.

Edit: Then again, I realize that a Last Man Standing type mode wouldn't really be suited for Score-based play; It'd just be a more competitive Survival mode with the winner being based off who lasted the longest. My original idea was probably better, being that you have one life to get as much Score as possible.

Last edited by Ryason55; 02-15-2016 at 04:22 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:51 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Oh, sorry for stealing idea then.

I was searching whole SeriousZone and Workshop to make sure that I won't be copy-pasting, and couldn't find anything...

But since I guess it's obsolete in your version, then there isn't much problem with mine version being on workshop, right?
Old 02-16-2016, 12:19 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Night Sparrow

Eh, I don't know. Again, there are differences between the two. Though, I don't really agree with allowing respawning in Survival maps... but that might just be me.

Anyways, after making that post in the gamemode thread, I was thinking of doing something with the timed LTK mechanics. With this whole thing being brought up again, I think I might try implementing that into my old Beast Survival gamemode to see how that is. Maybe I'll put it back up with the other Raider Gamemodes... Potentially under a new name.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:09 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

I guess this is a good idea, but don't forget that there are some sort of survival levels that require more waiting, or less to begin real hell - they are difficulty different. It would be nice if player could set it up by himself. Then again - it's probably not possible, since the cvars in gamemodes are not likely friendly to add some new (tried that).

I think I could try to do something like that, but my scripting skills compared to yours are nothing. xD That's why I stick to the simple ideas that just work somehow.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:41 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Master of Kalamzoo

I got an event with 7smoke so clearly it was good enough to try out.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

I confirm , this game mode is excelent in multiplayer. I also play at the 7Smoke envent and I enjoyed it .
Wait for the next .