Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Creative Corner > Serious Engine 2 Workshop

Serious Engine 2 Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam 2 projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average. Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 08:16 PM   #1441  
Werebull

Default Re: InSamnity! 2 / Parse Error 2 is now ready for your playing pleasure.

The land rush is on!
In actual fact, it is obvious that Kautsky is writing in a country where the police forbid people to laugh "in crowds", otherwise Kautsky would have been killed by ridicule. - V. I. Lenin, The Proletarian Revolution and The Renegade Kautsky
Old 03-07-2008, 05:14 AM   #1442  
I Need My Girl

Jetroid is offline Steam ID: Jetroid
Default Re: InSamnity! 2 / Parse Error 2 is now ready for your playing pleasure.

I wish I could map
Old 03-07-2008, 06:03 AM   #1443  
I Need My Girl

Jetroid is offline Steam ID: Jetroid

Omg double post! I call Mentals institute!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #1444  
Furious

Finzy is online now Steam ID: finzy Youtube: FunkyFinzy

Shield Generator sounds pretty good IMO.

Also DwK, I think Greendale is still missing collision for some of the cliffs (the three other cliffs, except the one with the secret). The waterfalls should also have collision, I'd love to try and rocketjump them.

My second secret level suggestion would be the first Kleer level. We could make a secret area on top of one of the huge towers on the background, or one of the big mountains/cliffs scattered across the level

Serious Box Solid - SS3 Stealth Mod, officially released!

Finzy's Frozen Asylum -- Serious Escape: The Simian Encounter SS3 Mod -- SS2 Widescreen Fix Mod

Quote:
Pan: Auron: TIDUS WHAT IS THAT POKING ME IN THE BACK
Pan: Tidus: ITS FROM THE VIBRATIONS ON THE MACHINE I SWEAR
Old 03-07-2008, 09:45 AM   #1445  

Knight_Christian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Knight_Christian Send a message via MSN to Knight_Christian Send a message via Skype™ to Knight_Christian

One thing DwK, isn't that one thing that could be used with Maphacks? I mean for DN3D (well, the 3D port) exist maphacks, wouldn't that be one thing that could ease it?
-
Serpent Yards Remake (SS2) | And some others... just look on the filesystem....
Old 03-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #1446  
blahblahblah

--Fragman-- is offline Send a message via ICQ to --Fragman-- Send a message via AIM to --Fragman-- Send a message via MSN to --Fragman-- Send a message via Skype™ to --Fragman--

Binary Patching? Would work, but probably requires some changes on the installer.

--------------------------
My Page!
Old 03-08-2008, 02:58 AM   #1447  
Night Sparrow

Some Progress on the modified "Shield Generator" level. I'll keep the info about the secret hidden for now:
-Collision turned on for most buildings and railways with no collision
-Lowered the large killer entity (more places to explore now)
-Added a couple of vehicles to the traffic that goes around the city
-Increased the maximum number of vehicles from 40 to 720 (I know of some trigger-happy snipers in Target's server )
-Now, 20 traffic vehicles can be in the level at once (instead of 12)

Suggestions are welcome.

Also, Dk, how do you access your new entities for your mod in the IS2 SEd2? Last I looked, they were nowhere to be found.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:48 AM   #1448  
Modding Fool

Sounds good Ry.

To add new entities you right click in the entities menu, click insert files, then browse to the Bin folder and double click the InSamnity2Game.module file. Select the entities you want to add then click Open.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #1449  
Werebull

Report Bugs...v1.1.0.1

1.The Launcher stuck at system(and its window disappears) when failed on downloading updates...
I must force kill it else I will got some weird error like "update files not found at server" when I run the launcher again.

2.The "New Game" menu setting looks like mess up when first time I play a new game... I put "ALL Weapons" and "Inf. ammo" is OFF, but it always ON when I didn't change it... then I exit the game session and start a new game again, everything will looks fine.(Only happens first time "New Game" play when started InSamnity! 2 mod up.)

3.When I selected "Serious" difficulty , but when I finished the level... the statistics said I play "Hard" difficulty and give me 7000 bonus score... (In Netricsa, it said "Serious" difficulty...)
Old 03-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #1450  
Modding Fool

Thanks for the bug reports Player Lin. I'll look into those.

A new pic of the posable model entity in action:
Old 03-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #1451  
Werebull

But can he dance?
In actual fact, it is obvious that Kautsky is writing in a country where the police forbid people to laugh "in crowds", otherwise Kautsky would have been killed by ridicule. - V. I. Lenin, The Proletarian Revolution and The Renegade Kautsky
Old 03-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #1452  
G-Type Crazy

AverageJoe is offline Send a message via AIM to AverageJoe

Hah, That's sweet dude...is it possible to use it ingame or just the editor?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:42 PM   #1453  
Modding Fool

He can dance if he wants to, he can leave his friends behind, cause if his friends don't dance, and if he don't dance, well he's no friend of mine...

Yes, you can pose them in game. You can do some posing in the editor, but tweaking the bones positions themselves can only be done in game ATM.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:34 AM   #1454  
Khnumilicious!

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

Quote:
Originally Posted by D w K View Post
He can dance if he wants to, he can leave his friends behind, cause if his friends don't dance, and if he don't dance, well he's no friend of mine...
That's almost as funny as that picture.

I can't wait to try this posing stuff myself.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #1455  
Mental

How would I go about making my own secret place for this? Y'know so it doesn't affect the default map?
Old 03-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #1456  
Khnumilicious!

I recently encountered a bug in Greendale. I was just taking a dump at Target's house when I got suicidal and killed myself. I respawned but the camera was still orbiting as if I was still on the loo. I could look around, but none of the keys except suicide worked, and suiciding only made me respawn with the same problem. The only option for me was to quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
How would I go about making my own secret place for this? Y'know so it doesn't affect the default map?
You uh, you modify the map? Why do you think the updates keep getting bigger?
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #1457  
Werebull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
I recently encountered a bug in Greendale. I was just taking a dump at Target's house when I got suicidal and killed myself. I respawned but the camera was still orbiting as if I was still on the loo. I could look around, but none of the keys except suicide worked, and suiciding only made me respawn with the same problem. The only option for me was to quit.
That's not a bug - that's the ancient legend of the Flying Dutchman, doomed to sail the seas for eternity, never reaching port.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #1458  
Khnumilicious!

Yeah yeah, laugh it off. This suicide thing prevented me from flushing, though. Consider your house a toxic hazard.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #1459  
Furious

Hiya DwK, any news regarding the new FE or SE levels? I heard KC and some other guys were working on at least Great Pyramid and Grand Cathedral remakes...it'd be flippin' sweet to be able to play them in the mod

Finzy's Frozen Asylum -- Serious Escape: The Simian Encounter SS3 Mod -- SS2 Widescreen Fix Mod

Quote:
Old 04-18-2008, 01:18 PM   #1460  
Nightshade Tail

Seriously! Event Master

Valerie Valens is offline Steam ID: Valerie-Valens Send a message via ICQ to Valerie Valens Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens Send a message via MSN to Valerie Valens Send a message via Skype™ to Valerie Valens Twitter: ArcheKruz Youtube: JoanMichele

I also would love to see a Luxor and Karnak remake.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:37 AM   #1461  
Pan
Bropan

Pan is offline Gamertag: SeriousPan PSN ID: YueStrife Steam ID: Yuethetmerchant

I personally wasn't a fan of Luxor or Karnak, they seemed way too, shall I say... oh it's hard to explain...I guess what I mean is the battles could have been more impressive than they were, i mean I love it for one reason, the way they were structured, the history etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper45
I was thinking the other day how weird it was that we have a mod, where Snakes from MGS can stab snakes that were animated by... Viper. :P
SSHD & SS3 Multiplayer Models --- Serious Box Solid VS Mod --- Serious Fantasy: Legends
Complete Video Tutorial for SED3/3.5 Player Model Creation --- Serious Marine 3: Battle for Terra
Old 04-19-2008, 11:17 AM   #1462  
Modding Fool

They are still in the works.

I've been awful busy lately and haven't had much time to finish those up, but hopefully I'll have some free time soon and will be able to get back to work on them
Old 04-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #1463  
Mental

Make someone else do them then?
You stick to coding as there's not much to it at this point except for the odd tweak and bug fix so it's perfect for the fact that you're busy

I mean, other people are doing the player models meaning you only have to add them in for example.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #1464  
Furious

That's actually a good idea, but unfortunately I'll have to refuse myself, gotta work on our own mod...

Quote:
Old 04-19-2008, 03:02 PM   #1465  
Mental

I want to make an extra area as a secret in a level (Like Target did) but where? and what?
Old 04-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #1466  
Werebull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
I want to make an extra area as a secret in a level (Like Target did) but where? and what?
Just to be clear - I did not make that secret area. Not hardly. That is all the genius of the Master Modder. It was D w K's present to me for my retirement, and the best present I've ever received in my life.

Oscar, Ryason55, and I contributed some screenshots and graphics, but it was Dk's amazing work that make it such a fun place to hang out.

A couple people "laid claim" to various levels for their own secret areas awhile back in this thread, but I assume it's first come, first served. And anything like that (or additional levels) should be absolutely top notch before D w K sees them. After all, he really does have a life to live besides fixing other people's stuff to get them up to the standard he has set in InSamnity!2.

"What" the secret area is should be a secret - and it should be a good one!
Old 04-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #1467  
Pan
Bropan

You know, the swamp level for the giants planet [I dunno, 2nd world] Could have loads of good places.

Quote:
I was thinking the other day how weird it was that we have a mod, where Snakes from MGS can stab snakes that were animated by... Viper. :P
SSHD & SS3 Multiplayer Models --- Serious Box Solid VS Mod --- Serious Fantasy: Legends
Complete Video Tutorial for SED3/3.5 Player Model Creation --- Serious Marine 3: Battle for Terra
Old 04-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #1468  
Werebull

From last night's DedicatedServer.log at InSamnity!2 mod-Target Practice:

"Pan Strife: Yo Target?
Pan Strife: Whats the deal with the chicks saying well done to me on the bed...you naughty boy"

I wasn't there (in the secret area), so I don't know for sure why they said that, but perhaps they said "Well Done!" because you repeated your bug-killing in Thailand:

"Im staying in this room, i wear slippers and stuff. But man, wasps and crickets, scaring the crap outta me!"

There aren't any insects in the secret area. Ninja chickens, yes, but no bugs. Do I have to institute a quarantine?
Old 04-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #1469  
Mental

There is one bug in the secret area. I always get crashes whenever I get there during an online session

Not straight away of course, it's always random but always happens when I get there
Old 04-21-2008, 12:01 AM   #1470  
Pan
Bropan

lol... XD What can I say, im awesome.

Finally got to play today, brother decided to use the PC i was on instead of his own because his spell check was broken "10 mins" he said, yeah 30 mins later Targets servers down.

Quote:

Last edited by Pan; 04-21-2008 at 01:00 AM.