Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #91  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

Louva-Deus is offline Steam ID: LouvaDeus Facebook: LouvaDeusS Twitter: JonathanTanzer Youtube: TheSeriousZone
Default Re: SS1 >> Un-Official Network & Hardware Update

It ain't broken!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #92  
Khnumilicious!

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

Not if you use my fix.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #93  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

Louva-Deus is offline Steam ID: LouvaDeus Facebook: LouvaDeusS Twitter: JonathanTanzer Youtube: TheSeriousZone

And what, exactly, does that fix? The sam_strGameName var? Well take this biaotch!

Last edited by Louva-Deus; 04-22-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #94  
Khnumilicious!

See, that wasn't so hard, was it? It fixes these variables, which are in the Game_Startup.ini file by default.

sam_strFirstLevel, this one points to the first level of the game when you click new game. Without this you can only start levels from the custom level menu.

sam_strIntroLevel, this one points to the intro world, with the logos and Sam firing the minigun/sawing the log when the game first starts.

sam_strTechTestLevel, without this you can't start the tech test level from the menu.

sam_strGameName, this is for mods. This is the default game name (also used in the multiplayer game browser).
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #95  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

If I get a few volunteers I'd like to try updating the scripts again to max out the graphics settings for newer cards. The current ones peak at 1gb RAM, 512mb VRAM, and 3ghz cpu. The problem is I am not sure what the actual limits are to what the game allows (highest possible settings for each thing).

Any takers?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #96  
Khnumilicious!

My system specs are in my profile, though I'm not sure my system falls under the requirements.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #97  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

All I really need to know is what the max settings are for each cvar. I can extrapolate from there.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #98  
Khnumilicious!

Well hit me. If you need a test subject I'm here.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #99  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

This is something that either requires looking at the SDK or asking CT. Testing it would be impractical because the differences would be hardly noticeable.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #100  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

I've updated the package a little bit and have released it as a ZIP file. Compatible with all versions of the games (TFE & TSE), Steam included. Enjoy!
Old 09-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #101  
Banned

PikaCommando is offline Steam ID: PikaCommando
Default Re: Un-Official Network & Hardware Update

So uh, is this package still viable now that Gamespot is gone?
Old 09-04-2014, 12:39 PM   #102  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

This is not affected by any changes in the master server.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #103  
🐱 Kitty. ❤💙💚💛💜

Scratch is offline PSN ID: NimbleCatt Steam ID: ansjh Twitter: ansjh Youtube: youMrAG LinkedIn: 77325926

LD, did you ever update these netscripts? If not, I don't recommend this at all, by the way. These are the netscripts that we shipped with the very first release of Serious Sam Revolution. We replaced those in the very first update after noticing how crap they were and how much they were hated. I suggest checking the netscripts for Serious Sam Revolution instead, they're much better.

CodeCat, my blog! - Angelo's stuff - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution. Please use our bugreporter for that.)
Old 09-05-2014, 02:04 AM   #104  
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
LD, did you ever update these netscripts? If not, I don't recommend this at all, by the way. These are the netscripts that we shipped with the very first release of Serious Sam Revolution. We replaced those in the very first update after noticing how crap they were and how much they were hated. I suggest checking the netscripts for Serious Sam Revolution instead, they're much better.
Isn't the current netscript the one with that faux low ping bug?
Old 09-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #105  
🐱 Kitty. ❤💙💚💛💜

Scratch is offline PSN ID: NimbleCatt Steam ID: ansjh Twitter: ansjh Youtube: youMrAG LinkedIn: 77325926

There's a whole array of netscripts that ship with Serious Sam Revolution, not just a single one. So no.

CodeCat, my blog! - Angelo's stuff - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution. Please use our bugreporter for that.)
Old 09-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #106  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Never found time to do that and now I've forgotten what some of the major problems were with it. I suppose I should at least try to find a few minutes somewhere and update them. And way to be negative btw.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:58 PM   #107  
🐱 Kitty. ❤💙💚💛💜

Well, it was your netscripts who made everyone angry at the day-1 launch of Revolution. I think I'm entitled to be a little negative.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #108  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

Lol... the impression you gave me was that you never used mine because yours were better. So this is the first I've heard that you included them.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #109  
🐱 Kitty. ❤💙💚💛💜

We had them in place for approximately 24 hours. lol.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #110  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

What can I say? At the time they were an improvement over the stock options. Now that we know more about the internal workings of the game it is easy to see where the flaws are.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #111  
🐱 Kitty. ❤💙💚💛💜

Well to be honest, all of your scripts had network prediction disabled in its entirety. I don't know why you thought that was a good idea.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #112  
Banned

Now, now, ladies; there's enough of PikaCommando to go around.