Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Hosted > Block Kings

Block Kings The place to find blockheads like us!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #31  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig
Default Re: The Beauty of Neotropia, Zockyland, and more! [Screenshot thread]

I can't tell what I'm looking at anymore, and I'm not even 1/3 done with the first floor!

Seriously, what am I looking at?
Yes...God is a sniper.:D - ZEN

Last edited by Thee Goat Pig; 02-11-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #32  
G-Type Crazy

AverageJoe is offline Send a message via AIM to AverageJoe

That looks like MC Escher's Staircase fell in on itself.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #33  
Mental

"MC Escher's black hole"
Old 03-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #34  
Mental

Zocky's server.
You have NO idea how long it took me and how fast my reflexes had to be to catch a pic of this Ocelot kitty.

It's even jumping from a tree.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #35  
Marsh Hopper

troganx1 is offline Gamertag: Hotshot XD2 XFIRE ID: fearlevi Steam ID: levi79720 Send a message via Skype™ to troganx1 Youtube: troganx1

Minecraft Name: HotshotXD2
Go ahead and whitelist me.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #36  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

I miss Neotropia.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #37  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

Louva-Deus is offline Steam ID: LouvaDeus Facebook: LouvaDeusS Twitter: JonathanTanzer Youtube: TheSeriousZone

Yes.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #38  
Pan
Bropan

Pan is offline Gamertag: SeriousPan PSN ID: YueStrife Steam ID: Yuethetmerchant

I miss the days of base Minecraft without all those moronic add ons. (lol opinions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper45
I was thinking the other day how weird it was that we have a mod, where Snakes from MGS can stab snakes that were animated by... Viper. :P
SSHD & SS3 Multiplayer Models --- Serious Box Solid VS Mod --- Serious Fantasy: Legends
Complete Video Tutorial for SED3/3.5 Player Model Creation --- Serious Marine 3: Battle for Terra
Old 09-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #39  
Mordekai

Hm yeah i do miss those MC vanilla days aswell...man those were quite fun times...

>not fit for big game dev
>works for Ubisoft on AssCreed
Old 09-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #40  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei

I think it's just nostalgia. I do miss my first world as well, along with all the mods I originally used... because really, I almost instantly switched to mods due to lack of content. But whenever I look back probably playing it again, the first thing I'd do to look for all the loads of mods I used before or heard before, because the game is just boring without those. And even with those, it's just not the same for current me. For current me, Minecraft is less of a game, rather like a much limited creative tool, where I can't do the stuff I would like to do. It just feels I won't gain anything from it.

Though sometimes I do remember fondly as I slowly built stuff at night, while it was night IRL as well, with the peaceful music of the game. It feels like it was a more peaceful time, yet it also feels so pointless to play this game again. Back then, I'd have loved the new biomes coming in the next main patch, they look so awesome to explore.

However, for me, Terraria feels to be a much more rewarding experience, especially with the new patch coming out for it. It feels more like a game, rather than a pointless tool.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #41  
Pan
Bropan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais
I think it's just nostalgia.
No, it's not nostalgia. I only like base minecraft. I hate mods for it with a passion.

Quote:
I was thinking the other day how weird it was that we have a mod, where Snakes from MGS can stab snakes that were animated by... Viper. :P
SSHD & SS3 Multiplayer Models --- Serious Box Solid VS Mod --- Serious Fantasy: Legends
Complete Video Tutorial for SED3/3.5 Player Model Creation --- Serious Marine 3: Battle for Terra
Old 09-13-2013, 03:32 AM   #42  
Praise the Sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
I miss the days of base Minecraft without all those moronic add ons. (lol opinions)
How... DARE you have opinions? Don't you know they can be WRONG? Well in this case they are! You should be ashamed young man! #exaggeratedsarcasm

I don't miss vanilla minecraft at all, and nowadays it's not much fun playing on Shrinker's great industrial server either for me...
Old 09-13-2013, 04:34 AM   #43  
Furious

Finzy is offline Steam ID: finzy Youtube: FunkyFinzy

I wish there was a good active server to play on. I mostly miss playing on a server with people.

And all the public servers are too full of grievers/idiots to be fun.

Serious Box Solid - SS3 Stealth Mod, officially released!

Finzy's Frozen Asylum -- Serious Escape: The Simian Encounter SS3 Mod -- SS2 Widescreen Fix Mod

Quote:
Pan: Auron: TIDUS WHAT IS THAT POKING ME IN THE BACK
Pan: Tidus: ITS FROM THE VIBRATIONS ON THE MACHINE I SWEAR
Old 09-13-2013, 05:04 AM   #44  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
No, it's not nostalgia. I only like base minecraft. I hate mods for it with a passion.
Why?
Old 09-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #45  
The one and only!

I have the most fun playing on a vanilla survival server. I have created a bunch of things on a creative server, but I didn't enjoy it as much. I don't play at all anymore because I feel a little burned out on creative. I'm thinking about filling a bunch of chests with glass (there is no way I am mining enough glass for the maze I am currently building) and then switching my creative game into a survival game.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #46  
Mordekai

Well, i myself was more enjoying just being out there with other S! members, buildings stuff together, exploring caves and new lands together.....burning their houses....and stuff...

I played long ago also on some other servers, but it's just not as fun with some random guys you don't really know.

I haven't played MC for a long time now, and i'm not sure how much time i will have in future, since i have some important challenges in my life right now, that i have to sort out.

But, if i do play it, i'd love to see if there was another S! vanilla server, where many guys here from S! would play....

Old 09-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #47  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

With 1.7, even Vanilla seems to be very new to me now, with some awesome features, so who knows.

But I'm still missing the Fairy Mod.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #48  
Pan
Bropan

I'd play on vanilla.

Quote:
Old 09-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #49  
Furious

If there only was a kind soul out there to provide hosting.

I like playing both with and without mods; but overall my playstyle gears more towards exploration and casual play than building single huge projects. With all these industrial mods and whatnot, I've never gotten to experience more than 25% of the modded content at best, cause I just don't have the time or patience to grind that long for resources to be able to build shit. But there's no denying that there are some really awesome mods out there too that really add to the experience.

I'd play on a vanilla S! server if there was one - and if there were more than a couple people playing.

Btw, I also preferred the terrains prior to the adventure update, they just had more variety and weird stuff. I so miss the birch tree lakelands of Finland and Chaos Mines.

Finzy's Frozen Asylum -- Serious Escape: The Simian Encounter SS3 Mod -- SS2 Widescreen Fix Mod

Quote:

Last edited by Finzy; 09-13-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #50  
The one and only!

You are all making me wish I have the know how/set up to host a server.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #51  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

Finzy: Then you are lucky, 1.7 will have crazy landscapes again, if it is activated during worldgen.

The Yogscast made two videos about the latest snapshot: <1> <2>
Old 09-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #52  
Streptococcus

Goddamn Jesus Christ thats a lot of Blocks + Cubes!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:42 AM   #53  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

Louva-Deus is offline Steam ID: LouvaDeus Facebook: LouvaDeusS Twitter: JonathanTanzer Youtube: TheSeriousZone

Now that is impressive. When that comes out I may just play again. But for now... I'm done with this game...
Old 09-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #54  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

I think when it comes to mods, many have been focusing on the Industrial and other kinds of mods, including our official servers. While I like these mods as well, I feel that they only cater to one single aspect of the game: construction and projects. Due to this, the game with those super complex mods have became more of a science experiment, rather than an actual game.

The thing what I like in Terraria better is that it's more of a game. Yes, you build, mine and craft as well, but the main goal is to get better, to explore more and to fight with enemies and defeat powerful bosses. Fortunately, there are actually many many Minecraft mods that support this kind of gameplay:

The two largest ones I can suggest are the Aether mod and the Twilight Forest mod.

The Aether Mod add the new dimension, the "Aether", which is a kind of a reverse Nether: It is in the sky and looks like heaven. However, it's actually a dangerous paradise, with many dangers that lurk around the corner.
I've originally played its first version, and it was a real great experience. From what I've seen, this new version is a lot more extended version of the mod, with a lot more content.
Unlike the Nether, you can actually live in the Aether, as you can have all the resources you need. However, it is a much different tier that the "Overworld", so it can be a lot harder as well. You need to explore, you need to fight and defend yourself and you can discover unique and weird new biomes and the main attractions, the Dungeons, which differ in Lore, Challenges and Loot. A very exceptional mod for all the adventuring types.

The other mod is the Twilight Forest. The Twilight Forest is yet another new dimension, but a lot more different that the Aether. This dimension is basically a giant, endless dark forest, where it's almost always night. There are many different biomes here as well, just as a lot of creatures, both peaceful and deadly. Just like the Aether, this mod also got its own dungeons and boss monsters to find, along with many special kinds of resources. Also, this realm has its own kind of torches to be found, the lightbugs. A very beautiful and great mod that I haven't been able to try yet, but I'd certainly like to explore a lot more.

There are also other, smaller mods that improve on the world and the adventure of the game.

An old favorite of mine is the Battle Towers Mod, which adds randomly generated dungeon towers into the game. At the top of each tower there's a Golem Boss, that must be defeated to get good loot. I personally loved this mod, because it was not only a challenge, but also a special way of getting a new home by clearing out the tower and making it yours. Though, I read that in the newest version, the tower crumbles if you defeat its boss.

There are also mods that make the original world a lot more lively and different, good for exploration.

An old favorite is the Mo'Creatures mod which, as its name says, adds a lot of new creatures to the game. It adds a bunch of animals, some that are only for effect, like birds and bugs and butterfly. It also adds a lot of enemy creatures as well, the most scary for me were the werewolves. I remember many times covering in fear at night in my tower, because a werewolf was circling around my place. A very atmospheric mod, which greatly adds to the world of the game. I see that since then I last tried it, they added twice as many creatures as before.
Also to note, this mod was the first that added Evil Wolves before the wolves were added to the game, and this was also the mod that added the -very same- horses that were added to Vanilla in 1.6. And yes, this is actually true, Mojang asked this modder to help making the horses in Vanilla, so they are almost the same.

Another world building mod is ExtraBiomesXL, which adds a lot of new and beautiful biomes to the game. Seeing how many of the biomes in the upcoming 1.7 patch are the same as the ones in this mod, I'm pretty sure that Mojang asked these guys for help this time around.

There are many other adventure and exploration type mods out there, but I personally prefer these. I think these could be easily added to a server without actually changing the vanilla gameplay, like the Industrial like mods.

PS: I'd also suggest the old Fairy Factions mod, which I loved, but unfortunately it wasn't updated in more than a year, meaning that the mod is dead. Sadface.

Last edited by Solais; 09-14-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #55  
Mordekai

Yeah i agree with solais here.

It really does bother me that those mods mostly focuses on building, while MC for me was even more about exploring then the building itself...

Old 09-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #56  
Furious

I can fully support adding ExtraBiomesXL and Twilight Forest, I've tried both on the Hampshire Heavies server before and they were awesome. There was also some mod that added magic spells and warp powers to the game but the name escapes me atm, but it was pretty sweet (it also added new mobs and "magic auras" to areas which would affect enemies' behavior and chance of natural disasters and such). I'm in favor of anything that adds more non-building gameplay though.

Quote:
Old 09-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #57  
Pan
Bropan

Sounds like that Runecraft or whatever I've heard so much about.

Quote:
Old 09-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #58  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

I'm pretty sure it was Thaumcraft, that's the most popular and extensive magic focused mod. I'd love to try its new iteration, sounds a lot more fun than the original. Love how you have to research magical theories and whatnot by analyzing and exploring the world.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #59  
G-Type Crazy

AverageJoe is offline Send a message via AIM to AverageJoe

//edit: oops, missed a page.

eehhhh..... I don't quite know if I would go as far to label it a pointless tool, but I understand the sentiment.

The really fun part of it for me was building stuff with friends. Almost like a work-party.
The really unfun part of MC is sometimes it's very difficult to do activities with certain people because they dislike it for xyz and just grind through those points instead of making it an experience.

MC is fun, but there is a limit to playtime for me and it comes in waves.

Last edited by AverageJoe; 09-15-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:57 AM   #60  
大君主

Seriously! Overlord

Not a fan of the building mods but they did make some things more interesting. I prefer something that adds to the vanilla experience. Something like more biomes, more creatures, more things to fight against, more weapons, more things to find and collection, and generally some kind of overall point to being in the game.