Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #211  
Afro

Default Re: Mass Effect

ok guys, you should really see this:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/...n-theory-a-dlc
Old 03-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #212  
"Poke me."

Brute is offline Send a message via MSN to Brute

This is just annoying. I seemed to be bugged in the multiplayer somehow. Every time I buy a Spectre pack (which takes a lot of money, and has happened 4 times now so it's really pissing me off), they say "transaction cannot go through" or something of the sort, then they "refund my credits" and set me back. So I try to buy it again. Same thing. Then I quit out of the game, re-enter, and all my money is gone. I check all my rare characters/weapons and nothing has been added. They literally have just stolen my credits. 4 goddamn times. That's hours just pissed down the drain. Really ticking me off...
Old 03-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #213  

AntonioR is offline Steam ID: AntonioR Facebook: AntonioR.Software Youtube: antoniorsoftware

So, how do you guys like Origin so far ?
Old 03-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #214  
Pan
Bropan

Pan is offline Gamertag: SeriousPan PSN ID: YueStrife Steam ID: Yuethetmerchant

5 Spectre packs bought.

5 shotguns obtained.

**** you ME3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper45
I was thinking the other day how weird it was that we have a mod, where Snakes from MGS can stab snakes that were animated by... Viper. :P
SSHD & SS3 Multiplayer Models --- Serious Box Solid VS Mod --- Serious Fantasy: Legends
Complete Video Tutorial for SED3/3.5 Player Model Creation --- Serious Marine 3: Battle for Terra
Old 03-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #215  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
It failed to install my DLC properly when I first installed the game. Half the time when I launch the game, it gives a "Failed to launch Mass Effect 3" error, but proceeds to launch it anyway. 9 times out of 10, the in-game overlay doesn't work.

It's pretty crappy.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #216  
Pan
Bropan

Don't get me started.

Quote:
I was thinking the other day how weird it was that we have a mod, where Snakes from MGS can stab snakes that were animated by... Viper. :P
SSHD & SS3 Multiplayer Models --- Serious Box Solid VS Mod --- Serious Fantasy: Legends
Complete Video Tutorial for SED3/3.5 Player Model Creation --- Serious Marine 3: Battle for Terra
Old 03-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #217  
"Poke me."

The fact that the program itself is still named "Origin Beta" should be a good indication of how smooth it is.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #218  
Nightshade Tail

Seriously! Event Master

Valerie Valens is offline Steam ID: Valerie-Valens Send a message via ICQ to Valerie Valens Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens Send a message via MSN to Valerie Valens Send a message via Skype™ to Valerie Valens Twitter: ArcheKruz Youtube: JoanMichele

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
It has SecuROM and spyware included, what do you think?
Old 03-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #219  
(k)
Kleer

(k) is offline Steam ID: ronsemberg

Dropping bomb.
Fiuuuuuuuu.

"You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services. EA may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services. We may also share that data with our third party service providers in a form that does not personally identify you. IF YOU DO NOT WANT EA TO COLLECT, USE, STORE, TRANSMIT OR DISPLAY THE DATA DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE APPLICATION. "

Fresh from the origin's eula.

Boooooom.

A lot of programs already do that (someone said Chrome?), so I suppose that is ok to most people. Still...
I don' t like origin the same reason why I don't like facebook and chrome. Legal and philosophical reasons.
(on a parenthesys, steam "also" do that, but, they don't collect personal information in the first place, they only state that some third party sites or programs that must be installed to run a game may require the collecting of personal information (and Valve says that they puntually inform the user if this is the case, don't know if that is always true). Credit card information, passwords, and other vital stuff, (but not the email address) can be secured by simply unallowing steam and steam forums to save them on the pc or into the server. Be adviced however that I personally barely tolerate this, but at least what they wrote sound necessary to run the service).

Last edited by (k); 03-25-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:23 AM   #220  

I'm just now going into the last mission(s), with 63% Galactic Readiness and nowhere near enough Effective Military Strength to get the best ending.

Bioware lied through their ****ing teeth. I've done every possible sidequest I have available, scanned every system in the galaxy, and even with a little bit of multiplayer I'm still not going to get the best ending. I'm pissed, to say the least.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:15 AM   #221  
"Poke me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper45 View Post
Bioware lied through their ****ing teeth. I've done every possible sidequest I have available, scanned every system in the galaxy, and even with a little bit of multiplayer I'm still not going to get the best ending. I'm pissed, to say the least.
By "possible" I'm sure they meant doing every single thing possible in all 3 games plus all DLC to gain the highest possible War Assets. I have not even visited the Quarians and I already have 4,700+ war assets at 80-some% galactic readiness rating.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #222  

I just beat the game, and... wow. I say that in a good way.

I've said before that I think ME2's suicide mission is one of the best moments in gaming history. I think I can say the same for the final mission of Mass Effect 3, though for different reasons.

The below spoilers section has no specific spoilers in it. I just put it in spoilers in case you want to avoid any preconceived notions about the ending.

People have obviously been complaining about ME3's ending, but I don't think it's entirely deserved. The final hours of the game were incredible. What the ending lacks is an explanation of the aftermath. While I appreciate leaving things open to the imagination, I do wish they provided more "small scale" closure.

I think what some people failed to realize is that while, yes, Mass Effect 3 has an ending of its own.... Mass Effect 3 in its entirety is an ending. Some people say it lacked closure because of the ending. I say Mass Effect 3 provided more closure to the trilogy as a whole than I could have hoped for. There were so many loose ends tied up, so many conflicts resolved. And the revelations of ME3 can change how you interpret its entire universe. For that, I have to commend Bioware for a job amazingly well done.

Edit: Oh, and it turns out I did have enough war assets for the "best" ending. But that's not necessarily the path I went down.

Last edited by viper45; 03-27-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #223  
Mordekai

Ah wth, i guess i'll post in here aswell.

Just finished all three games in a row(all three for the first time).
What to say, fantastic game, finally i can let baldur's gate 2 rest in peace and honestly say this is finally one rpg that is simply better in all aspects....or most anyway.

Ending....

Well, not sure what to think about this one. It wasn't as bad at all, as i expected. But it wasn't nearly as cool as i was hoping it to be either.

Kinda looked like all the choices you did in past, kinda didn't really have a lot of impact on the final result. Unlike many others, I do think SC idea was quite ok, even if a bit late, and it's kind of ending that makes you think a little.

Still, i didn't like that at the ending, it was all up to you really, and it felt like none of your friends really had any word on it. I'd prefer maybe some final action, where your friends actually played some role in the ending, while standing right next to you.

Or atleast see wth happens with them anyway, i mean, they work a lot on making them as live as possible, and then it looks af it they sort of forget them in the battle.

In LOTR, in star trek, DS9, and many others, you actually get to see what all the various people in "the team" actually do, and how they end up, wich nicely finished the story.

TLDR; fantastic game, ending could be better though.

>not fit for big game dev
>works for Ubisoft on AssCreed
Old 03-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #224  
"Poke me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zocky View Post
Hi, Zocky! Been a while.

Anyway, having just beaten all three for the first time, which would you say is your favorite among ME1, ME2 and ME3?
Old 03-29-2012, 05:08 AM   #225  

Quote:
Ah wth, i guess i'll post in here aswell.

What to say, fantastic game, finally i can let baldur's gate 2 rest in peace and honestly say this is finally one rpg that is simply better in all aspects....or most anyway.

Ending....

Well, not sure what to think about this one. It wasn't as bad at all, as i expected. But it wasn't nearly as cool as i was hoping it to be either.

Kinda looked like all the choices you did in past, kinda didn't really have a lot of impact on the final result. Unlike many others, I do think SC idea was quite ok, even if a bit late, and it's kind of ending that makes you think a little.

Still, i didn't like that at the ending, it was all up to you really, and it felt like none of your friends really had any word on it. I'd prefer maybe some final action, where your friends actually played some role in the ending, while standing right next to you.

Or atleast see wth happens with them anyway, i mean, they work a lot on making them as live as possible, and then it looks af it they sort of forget them in the battle.

In LOTR, in star trek, DS9, and many others, you actually get to see what all the various people in "the team" actually do, and how they end up, wich nicely finished the story.

TLDR; fantastic game, ending could be better though.
Good to see you around again, Zocky.

(End-game spoilers)

I actually liked that Shepard was alone in the end. The situation was bad - after getting hit by the Reaper's beam, you can hear radio chatter say that the whole team was wiped out and no one made it to the teleport beam. Shepard wakes up and realizes that he is essentially the galaxy's last hope.

I liked that he was alone because it makes the situation feel appropriately desperate. Throughout all three games, you're with your buddies, kicking ass. At that moment when Shepard is barely even alive, without any of his friends to be seen... it was pretty powerful to me. The whole sequence from there to the end was powerful. Seeing Shepard reduced to the state he was in was hard to watch. And then having the fate of the entire galaxy rest on his shoulders, and his shoulders alone, is a perfect way to end his story IMO.

I'm ok with the squad not appearing during that sequence, but I agree they should have shown more of them in the end cinematics. I wanted to see them, if any were still alive, react to the Reapers' destruction/retreat on Earth. Or they could have shown them receive the news that Shepard didn't make it. I personally like the ending the way it is, except for how they handled the Normandy's crew.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:23 AM   #226  
Pan
Bropan

It's not a big cry like how the endings sucked, but I feel like the Final Mission could have been fleshed out more! But to the point I wish to bring up.

I loved gathering up this huge army to take against the reapers. I was pumped, I couldn't wait to see them in action! Sure I got some kick ass cut scenes and they were just the best - but why did they have to cheat me out of actually fighting with them? Like on the planet Palaven, I at least got to see a few people fighting along side me. They weren't exactly shooting at anything on screen, but it was a start.

But on this mission the game ALWAYS comes up with an excuse to make sure you and your 2 squad mates stay alone, just like the rest of the game. Now I get that it's meant to be Commander Shepard and co. kick ass and don't need no army but come on man. It's like "HEY LOOK A TANK JOINED YOU IN YOUR BATTLES!" *boom* "Lol just kidding, scripted explosion!" I get it's war but it was borderline ridiculous. At least the second tank shot at something. But that was ALL I got that entire time. Anderson and your other alliance comrades conveniently arrive after the big ass wave of enemies come by. Like in almost every other case. >_> When you reach the Missile Silo's initially you see some Alliance people fighting. Boom, dead just as you get to their spot.

At least I got that one soldier who was shooting at things in the turret section whilst defending the FOB. I think I recall 2 moments in time where I was assisted by somebody in this mission, and 3-4 times in the overall game where anything apart from my squad actually helped. There may be more but I can't really think of them. I can understand that these are minor complaints but it just felt so 'ME2 Suicide missiony' again. I thought this was gonna be The Universe vs. The Reapers. But it kinda felt more like Commander Shepard and Squad vs. The Reapers when it came down to the gameplay. Did anyone else feel like they were really missing out? I mean i'm not annoyed at the lack of allies or anything. But it was such a hugely missed oppurtunity!

ALSO SPOILER ALERT
In memorium of ME3's final boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=467pmIX-oZo

Quote:

Last edited by Pan; 03-29-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #227  
"Poke me."

Bluh, I need to finish this game so I can talk about the damned ending already. xD
Old 03-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #228  
Mordekai

Also, does anyone know about this "indoctrination theory"?

I don't usually buy conspiracy theories, but i can't help but think, that this ending makes just a hell of a lot more sense, and actually explains many things that otherwise just looks...random and pointless.

Do note, huge ending spoilers ahead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKkrTPkVliY

I don't know if it's true or not, but man, would it be awesome if it was. That would kinda mean that not only that sheppard was indoctrinated, it would also mean they managed to ndoctrinate us, actually players, in a way. Wich is just awesome.

Ofcourse, that would mean they planned ending dlc the whole time. Still, sound very intresting.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #229  
Pan
Bropan

That theory is widely accepted by the ME community. I agree with it to.

Quote:
Old 03-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #230  
Khnumilicious!

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

I loved the game. Seriously loved it. It took me a while to get that old "Mass Effect feeling", because from the start of the game you get thrown in the deep and the game tries to be one big climax, like a Call of Duty game. I was used to and expected the slow buildup to the awesome finale, but it's basically a constant barrage of explosions and deaths, and it can be mentally exhausting to have action all the time. Around 15 hours in I got used to it and I got that old feeling back.

The fighting is so smooth and fast, the enemies are ferocious and smart. The whole combat system is a big step up from the previous games, and the action is no let-down. I foolishly tried my hand at Insanity from the start, but I got so severely punished on Palaven that I decided to turn it back to Hardcore. Even then I had a lot of pressure because enemies are smarter, they flank and try to outmaneuver you. I ****ing hate the Cerberus Engineers with their ****ing deployable turrets. Argh.

The RPG system is solid, too. Instead of branching your powers at the end you get to branch multiple times after three upgrades, which is more customizable. Though I feel it has little impact, mainly because it has "+3% this or +5% that". I do love how you can choose which weapon you buy/equip and then upgrade it to level 5 and accessorize it, very lovely. Eventually I bought the Spectre Widow V when I reached Rannoch, and I've used it until the end game.

The dialogue options were dumbed down, though not enough that it actually bothered me after a few hours. I do think Bioware made too little use of the morality checks and interrupts. But you can't win them all.

The story is magnificent. Everything has been worked out to the detail, every little choice actually carries over properly, Bioware even worked out the kink with Conrad Verner, where he always assumes you pushed a gun in his face in ME1, and if you didn't he will apologize for being wrong in ME3 saying that he wasn't feeling well at the time. Brilliant. Also, the game really put effort into bonding with your squadmates, as you had a lot of interaction with all of them, and even interacting with each other, either over loudspeaker or actually visiting each other. And it made me really sad when Mordin died because he wanted to cure the genophage. He was by far my favorite character. Now those sea shells will remain untested.

The finale was awesome as expected, the whole London and No Man's Land area up to where Harbinger shoots you down even beats the Collector Base fight. Though the ending is weird, I buy into that whole indoctrination theory, but I wished to have it differently. In my opinion it's a missed chance that, seeing as it's the final game in the trilogy, the ending could branch off to literally anywhere because Bioware didn't have to consider a sequel.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:15 AM   #231  

The combat is definitely the best in the series, and the RPG systems strike a nice balance between what was in ME1 and ME2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
The story is magnificent. Everything has been worked out to the detail, every little choice actually carries over properly, Bioware even worked out the kink with Conrad Verner, where he always assumes you pushed a gun in his face in ME1, and if you didn't he will apologize for being wrong in ME3 saying that he wasn't feeling well at the time. Brilliant.
Man, when did that happen? I found Conrad on the Citadel, but he never apologized for the mistake. Maybe I just didn't catch it. Regardless, that is an awesome way to "fix" that little glitch. I was kind of upset in ME2 when he said I shoved a gun in his face.

Quote:
Also, the game really put effort into bonding with your squadmates, as you had a lot of interaction with all of them, and even interacting with each other, either over loudspeaker or actually visiting each other.
I disagree. Interaction with your squadmates is the lowest it's been in the franchise. In ME1 and 2, you could have several long-winded discussions with your squadmates in between most story missions. In ME3, you get to have one introductory discussion with each of them, then on a rare occasion, you'll have the opportunity to meet one of them on the Citadel or call them up to your cabin. Granted some of those meetings were awesome (the can shooting contest with Garrus especially), they were too few and far between for me to develop bonds with characters that didn't carry over from ME1 + 2. James, for instance, is pretty darn insignificant. I like him, but you just don't interact with him enough to really care about him.

The most relateable new squad member for me was Javik, strangely enough. He was more well developed and was more central to the story than most of the other characters, which is kind of a shame since he's DLC.

Another example is Ashley. She was a lead character in ME1, but feels like an incredibly minor character in ME3. She's barely even there. Strangely enough, she was a more important character before she joined the Normandy.

But yeah, I hated to see Mordin go. But at the same time, he was making peace with his past decisions. Setting things right. It was a good way for him to go.

Quote:
In my opinion it's a missed chance that, seeing as it's the final game in the trilogy, the ending could branch off to literally anywhere because Bioware didn't have to consider a sequel.
They kinda did, assuming the indoctrination theory is false. The three choices you're given at the end all drastically change the universe, even though they don't show it in the final cinematics.

Last edited by viper45; 03-30-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #232  
Khnumilicious!

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

Quote:
The combat is definitely the best in the series, and the RPG systems strike a nice balance between what was in ME1 and ME2.
Have you ever blasted a soldier out of an Atlas mech? You can fire at the glass pane and eventually destroy it, and then hijack the mech. Good times!

Quote:
Man, when did that happen? I found Conrad on the Citadel, but he never apologized for the mistake. Maybe I just didn't catch it. Regardless, that is an awesome way to "fix" that little glitch. I was kind of upset in ME2 when he said I shoved a gun in his face.
Yeah, it happens the first time you see him. See here.

Quote:
I disagree. Interaction with your squadmates is the lowest it's been in the franchise. In ME1 and 2, you could have several long-winded discussions with your squadmates in between most story missions. In ME3, you get to have one introductory discussion with each of them, then on a rare occasion, you'll have the opportunity to meet one of them on the Citadel or call them up to your cabin. Granted some of those meetings were awesome (the can shooting contest with Garrus especially), they were too few and far between for me to develop bonds with characters that didn't carry over from ME1 + 2. James, for instance, is pretty darn insignificant. I like him, but you just don't interact with him enough to really care about him.

The most relateable new squad member for me was Javik, strangely enough. He was more well developed and was more central to the story than most of the other characters, which is kind of a shame since he's DLC.
I concur, Bioware missed a big step by not having hours of dialogue with every squad member from time to time, but they make up for it a bit by having the crew seem much more alive. They sometimes sit in the mess hall, visit each other or have a chat over the voice comm. I was surprised at Javik and Liara's argument after Thessia, or how Garrus and Joker had good natured pokes at each other, or Javik making a complete fool of James. Hell, if you don't romance Tali or Garrus, they will hook up before the finale. Garrus probably had some calibrations to do on her suit.

Quote:
Another example is Ashley. She was a lead character in ME1, but feels like an incredibly minor character in ME3. She's barely even there. Strangely enough, she was a more important character before she joined the Normandy.
See, this part is a bit iffy for me. I sacrificed Ashley on Virmire and after Kaidan left the hospital I told him to go to Admiral Hackett, so my interaction with him was only on Mars and in the hospital. But I do feel Bioware took the effort to flesh out the characters. Only in this game do you play virtual chess with your specialist, go skeet-shooting on the highest point at the Citadel, get a glowing commendation from Liara and her time capsule, or have a prayer with your dying assassin friend. I was also touched when Mordin did everything to make things easy for Eve, like singing to her. Bioware deserves major credit for taking the effort to add these things, because they serve no other function than making your crew seem alive. At least to me it makes the loss of the intricate dialogues not so bad.

Quote:
They kinda did, assuming the indoctrination theory is false. The three choices you're given at the end all drastically change the universe, even though they don't show it in the final cinematics.
That's exactly my problem. I get that they want to give the player room for interpretation, but to a trilogy that revolves around decisions, that's no way to finish a game. The ending sequences after Shepard's choice are all but the same, save for some color changes. With branching off I was actually referring to giving the end the strangest twists and turns, like Shepard not surviving the Collector Base mission. I sincerely hope they do the smart thing and go with the indoctrination theory, even if they weren't planning to.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #233  
Mordekai

There's one thing that still bothers me about the ending. Big spoiler ahead:

The Indoctrination Theory....it states, that you first see child, at the start where anderson is near you....yet he doesn't seem to see him or hear him. And they say that's proof that it's because he isn't there, he's only in sheppard's mind.

Later on, you see him board the chopper, and yet again, people are standing on chopper infront of him, and nobody sees him or helps him up. And they, again, say that's yet another proof that he isn't real.

Now...i was wondering....IDT doesn't seem to mention this but....lets say that we can explain those two...Anderson is just old and simply didn't hear him. And similar with the chopper, they were just too bussy fighting reapers.

Ok, so lets say all this is true, there's one other thing that bothers me.
Like, maybe it's just me, but that child to me looks identical to the starchild, just that starchild has this ghostly apearance.

This bring several choices.
a) Bioware was under pressure, so they simply reused final boss, and slapped ghostly shader on it. In that case..WTF BIOWARE....you don't get to put as final boss person who is already in the game......wtf..cmon

b) It's just coincidence...but again, they look way too similar

c)It actaully IS the starchild. In that case...WTF? He's on Earth, starchild was on citadel....how could he possibly be on the earth? There's not even the smallest thing in the game, that would hint at this.
The only good explanation i can come up with, is that he actually was being indoctrinated, and since they were probing his mind, they knew that kid gave him a lot of headache, so starchild, that looks like that kid, would be perfect to try to break him.

And in this case, it would just proove even farther IDT....

Now, i may be totaly wrong here, but....dunno, i'm not really sure.....it's just another thing that makes IDC more possible....

Last edited by Zocky; 03-30-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #234  

I think the Starchild simply presented himself/itself in a form that Shepard is familiar with. Something he can understand and relate to. This has happened before in the series but for the life of me, I can't remember who/what did it.

I personally don't believe the indoctrination theory. I watched some of the videos and read some of the posts about it, and it seems to me people are just grasping at straws. Connecting dots that weren't meant to be connected.

One thing that could blow the indoctrination theory out of the water is the fact that the various ending choices open up as you gain war assets. Destroy is the first one that becomes available to you, and you can complete the game with only that one available. Why would they make it impossible for you to become fully indoctrinated by doing the minimal amount of work to unlock the endings?

I think if they wanted Shepard to be indoctrinated, they would have made an actual plot point out of it. Especially if you manage to break through the indoctrination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
Have you ever blasted a soldier out of an Atlas mech? You can fire at the glass pane and eventually destroy it, and then hijack the mech. Good times!
Yep, that is indeed awesome!

Quote:
Yeah, it happens the first time you see him. See here.
Well fudge, I was afraid of that. I somehow missed the existence of the Holding Area on the Citadel until much farther in the game. Since the Citadel changes over the course of the game, I think I missed the opportunity to have that meeting with Conrad. I didn't see him until he tries to save your life by taking a bullet for you. Even though the gun was sabotaged.

Quote:
I concur, Bioware missed a big step by not having hours of dialogue with every squad member from time to time, but they make up for it a bit by having the crew seem much more alive. They sometimes sit in the mess hall, visit each other or have a chat over the voice comm. I was surprised at Javik and Liara's argument after Thessia, or how Garrus and Joker had good natured pokes at each other, or Javik making a complete fool of James. Hell, if you don't romance Tali or Garrus, they will hook up before the finale. Garrus probably had some calibrations to do on her suit.

See, this part is a bit iffy for me. I sacrificed Ashley on Virmire and after Kaidan left the hospital I told him to go to Admiral Hackett, so my interaction with him was only on Mars and in the hospital. But I do feel Bioware took the effort to flesh out the characters. Only in this game do you play virtual chess with your specialist, go skeet-shooting on the highest point at the Citadel, get a glowing commendation from Liara and her time capsule, or have a prayer with your dying assassin friend. I was also touched when Mordin did everything to make things easy for Eve, like singing to her. Bioware deserves major credit for taking the effort to add these things, because they serve no other function than making your crew seem alive. At least to me it makes the loss of the intricate dialogues not so bad.
I do like the interaction between the other characters, and the one on one scenes you have with them are very moving. The one with Thane in particular. I really liked Thane, so sad to see him go . The prayer was great, and the realization that it was actually something Thane wanted to do for you rather than for himself made it even more powerful.

Quote:
That's exactly my problem. I get that they want to give the player room for interpretation, but to a trilogy that revolves around decisions, that's no way to finish a game. The ending sequences after Shepard's choice are all but the same, save for some color changes. With branching off I was actually referring to giving the end the strangest twists and turns, like Shepard not surviving the Collector Base mission. I sincerely hope they do the smart thing and go with the indoctrination theory, even if they weren't planning to.
Yeah, I can get that. I personally liked the ending choices as they are. When the choices were opened up to me, I spent several minutes just standing there and thinking through the repurcussions of each one. There's something exciting to me about filling in the future of the universe for myself - I picked the Destroy option, but as I was shooting the tank, I thought to myself "What if the Starchild is right? Did I just doom the entire galaxy to be dominated by future synthetics?"

If you pick the Control option, I'd wonder if the Reapers could possibly become the guardians of the galaxy, under Shepard's command. That in and of itself is a very interesting plot twist.

The synthesis option... I prefer not to go there because I don't like the idea of essentially rewriting all forms of life. It seems like way too "Godlike" of a thing for Shepard (at least, my Shepard) to want to do. But that option would drastically change the face of the universe as well.

I like the way they left it open for interpretation. I just wish they showed more of your squadmates in the aftermath.

Edit:
Funny thing. I went on Youtube and found a few videos of the endings. Usually when something is hated as much as these endings are, they get bombed with dislikes. But the ending videos are actually sitting at around 90% liked. I think most of the ending hate is stemming from an extraordinarily loud, annoying, and immature minority. I'm not saying those who hate the ending aren't entitled to their opinion, I'm just saying that some people are blowing it WAY out of proportion.

I don't recommend anyone goes to Bioware's forum. All they do there is trash the ending. Threads that aren't about the ending become about the ending after only a few posts.

Last edited by viper45; 03-30-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #235  

AntonioR is offline Steam ID: AntonioR Facebook: AntonioR.Software Youtube: antoniorsoftware

So many spoilers around here...
Old 03-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #236  
Mordekai

Viper, yeah, but...

that starchild is still just en entety, not the god himself. So if that is true what you say....how the hell does he know at all, that sheppard is very bothered with the death of that child?
Also, if i saw a guy...living again...which i saw being blasted apart with my own eyes....it's something i'd be just a tiny bitsy scared or something. Especially with that ghostly figure.

Still, the point is, i can't see how the child knows about this kid? IT would be way better if it was ....dunno, garrus or someone else, as he is the one that sheppard would be the most comfy with....not the child that is already hunting him in dreams...

Old 03-31-2012, 04:11 AM   #237  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Despite how shit the ending is, I still want to get this game, if only to see how everything plays out before the last decision. I'm thinking of picking it up after I'm finished with my last major essay this semester as a reward for myself.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:13 AM   #238  

Time for me to gripe about the co-op.

For one, it's extremely difficult. Even bronze difficulty is very hard if you're playing with randoms. Silver isn't even worth trying with randoms. I'd assume gold isn't worth trying even with 4 experienced players.

Beyond that, I've almost reached level 20 on my character and still haven't unlocked a gun I want to use. The whole prize box system seemed cool at first, but the fact that I've put several hours in and I'm still stuck with default gear is downright annoying.

It kind of reminds me of Halo: Reach in a way. You would earn credits while playing, which you could then use to buy pieces of armor. The problem is those pieces of armor are absurdly expensive. The system is designed for people who play multiplayer day in and day out, essentially punishing those who don't. You could play for days and still not have enough credits for a single item that you want to get. I just don't have the time or desire to play multiplayer enough to unlock those items.

In Halo's defense, you could actually pick what you want to buy, and they were all cosmetic items. In Mass Effect 3, the items you get are anything but cosmetic, and you seem to have a very small chance of getting anything you want in the first place.

So now I'm stuck in the awkward position of having played several hours of multiplayer, hoping to unlock guns I want to use, suffering through using guns I don't want to use... and multiplayer has just about run its course for me. I might be more interested in playing it if I could use my Vindicator rifle.

Quote:
Viper, yeah, but...

that starchild is still just en entety, not the god himself. So if that is true what you say....how the hell does he know at all, that sheppard is very bothered with the death of that child?
Also, if i saw a guy...living again...which i saw being blasted apart with my own eyes....it's something i'd be just a tiny bitsy scared or something. Especially with that ghostly figure.

Still, the point is, i can't see how the child knows about this kid? IT would be way better if it was ....dunno, garrus or someone else, as he is the one that sheppard would be the most comfy with....not the child that is already hunting him in dreams...

Javik learned the entire english language, and essentially everything about Shepard in all of 2 seconds. So there are ways it could be explained, they just didn't make it clear to us.

I think it taking the form of that child could make sense whether or not the indoctrination theory is true.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:21 AM   #239  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

So basically you should treat ME3 MP pubs like you would a Killing Floor pub; dick around because if you try to do genuine teamwork, moron pubbies won't understand what you're doing or will just ignore you in favor of getting more sweet kills while everyone else dies.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:23 AM   #240  
"Poke me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadala View Post
So basically you should treat ME3 MP pubs like you would a Killing Floor pub; dick around because if you try to do genuine teamwork, moron pubbies won't understand what you're doing or will just ignore you in favor of getting more sweet kills while everyone else dies.
You should treat ME3 MP like a night out on the town: Bring your friends and you'll have a good time. Go out with a bunch of shady strangers, and you're likely to get lost, robbed, and anally violated.

The rewards system is retarded. They never give me Infiltrator stuff, which is what I want to use. I guess I'm happy enough with the Widow III, but it took a long time to unlock.

I'd say I have a 40% chance of winning a Silver with Strangers when using a lvl 20 infiltrator or Sentinel (though I'm always top scorer by a landslide). Using any other character, chances go down significantly. I must always do the objectives, kill all the tough enemies (Banshees, Shadows, ATLAS, Tanks, Geth Prime, etc.) If you want to win with strangers, you literally have to carry the burden of the whole team, and only rely on them to draw some extra fire or rez you when you rush for the objectives (which, again, they can't always be trusted to do). For me, I only stand a chance with Infiltrators and Sentinels because with those classes I'm good at taking out large enemies fast, and for objectives the Infiltrators cloak helps to sneak through, and the Sentinel's tech armor helps me absorb damage when at consoles and the like.

Last edited by Brute; 03-31-2012 at 05:36 AM.