Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3

Serious Sam 3 Everything you want to know or say about Serious Sam 3!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #1  
Simba

Default [MAC] Black Screen SS3

Hello,

Noticed you had a lot of people having the same problems as I did (Black screen, only the HUD visible), so I thought I might as well post my log in hopes this problem will be resolved quicker.

P.S, I already tried verifying game cache as well as the clock workaround, neither worked.
Thanks,
ParZ
Attached Files
File Type: log Sam3.log (13.9 KB, 20 views)
Old 04-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #2  
Hey ladies

Fiendian is offline Steam ID: BjossiAlfreds Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian
Default Re: [MAC] Black Screen SS3

In this case it may be a grey area though, your video card just about manages to meet the minimum system requirements. That could be the culprit but not exclusively the commonly reported problem by other Mac users. Let's just wait and see what happens, I certainly hope you will be able to play the game with the fix, it's a goodie.

However this further supports the theory that ATi cards are causing these problems somehow. One Mac user reported getting the game to work fine just by swapping the ATi video card for a nVidia one.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #3  
Simba

Default Re: [MAC] Black Screen SS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiendian View Post
In this case it may be a grey area though, your video card just about manages to meet the minimum system requirements. That could be the culprit but not exclusively the commonly reported problem by other Mac users. Let's just wait and see what happens, I certainly hope you will be able to play the game with the fix, it's a goodie.

However this further supports the theory that ATi cards are causing these problems somehow. One Mac user reported getting the game to work fine just by swapping the ATi video card for a nVidia one.
Thanks, I'm glad I could help at least a little bit.

Unfortunately, probably no chance of me getting a nVidia video card any time soon. Crossing my fingers in hope that said 'fix' will do some good for me and other ATi users.