Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #1  
Rocketeer

Question how to complete enemy

I made a new beheaded enemy based off the rocketeer, but i dont know how to make its puppet so i can select it and just use the rocketeers behaivor can anyone help? also where do you save the levels from this website that others have made???
Old 04-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #2  
Werebull

dragon99919 is offline Steam ID: dragon99919 Send a message via Skype™ to dragon99919 Facebook: dragon99919 Youtube: dragon99919
Default Re: how to complete enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakaze 10 View Post
I made a new beheaded enemy based off the rocketeer, but i dont know how to make its puppet so i can select it and just use the rocketeers behaivor can anyone help? also where do you save the levels from this website that others have made???
1. Just select existing puppet, change what you want and save the puppet with another file name.

2. Place gro files to the folder where all other gros are. It should be like Steam/steamapps/common/serious sam hd the secound encounter/content/serioussamhd_tse/<here>
Old 04-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #3  
Rocketeer

sorry im new at this so i dont really understand the steps you just gave me so here is what i did:

I clicked on create new model

put the meshes i need then put a colt on it and everything i wanted and saved how can i make this a real enemy
Old 04-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #4  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

Solais is online now Steam ID: SolaisYosei

....That would need a really long tutorial.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #5  
Night Sparrow

To get started, create a new world (.wld) file, insert a "Legged character" through the "EntityList", click on the blue box that appears, and in the "Entity" tab, next to "Puppet params", click on the field and select New/CLeggedPuppetParams. From there you can apply the model you have in the field under Body/Model.
Just note that models need more than just a mesh and attachments to be able function properly as a character. For reference, you might want to look at the characters that Croteam has set up.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:26 AM   #6  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

Yes, that is the hard part setting up the model to work as an enemy well. I think there's a good tutorial about that in the SS2 helpfile, but otherwise I think it would be a long tutorial to be written. Fortunately I'm planning something like that for the summer.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #7  
Simba

I try to create a Zorg enemy in SED3.5 based on Soldier Rifleman. I used multiplayer Zorg model. New enemy can run, kick, but NOT SHOOT (only shooting animation without blast).
Probably the blast event did not exist in animations of multiplayer models?
Somebody ask me is it possible?
Old 05-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #8  
Educated Fairy

Seriously! Dev Master

There is a way, but dunno if you should really use those zorg models, since those haven't been properly released yet by Croteam.