Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #1  
Simba

Default SS3 Total conversion (?)

Hi!
I just want to know, is a total conversion-mod something that can be done with the Serious Editor of 3.5 or do we need an SDK to actually accomplish this?
Old 05-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #2  
Furious

Finzy is offline Steam ID: finzy Youtube: FunkyFinzy
Default Re: SS3 Total conversion (?)

Needs the SDK, there are a lot of things that can't be edited at all without it, and in addition, you can only make replacement mods to the game as it is.

Serious Box Solid - SS3 Stealth Mod, officially released!

Finzy's Frozen Asylum -- Serious Escape: The Simian Encounter SS3 Mod -- SS2 Widescreen Fix Mod

Quote:
Pan: Auron: TIDUS WHAT IS THAT POKING ME IN THE BACK
Pan: Tidus: ITS FROM THE VIBRATIONS ON THE MACHINE I SWEAR
Old 05-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #3  
Simba

Replacing could be fun, but hardly enough. As examples: I have an idea for a third shotgun. A sawed off one with a very short range, but a hunge spread - for thoose extremely tight situations. And I have an idea that would really improve the mechanics behind jumping and dodging projectiles. Not entirely unlike the 'Dashing' in 'Warsow'.
Well anyway, if that's the case I really hope an SDK to be released soon. ^^
Any news on it ?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #4  
Streptococcus

Hm, i wonder as i'm thinking if a Mod like the Simpsons as Enemies (this Mod exists for Doom 2) could take place or could be done for SS3:BFE. If you want replace Simpsons with South Park etc.

Another Idea is a Mod where you play a Wizard and throw fireballs etc on your enemies; of course with RPG Interface for Abilities, Skilltree, Character. As Inventar i imagine the bar where you select weapons.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:49 AM   #5  
Furious

Finzy is offline Steam ID: finzy Youtube: FunkyFinzy

Sure sounds like a great idea, now how about you go implement it yourself since it sounds like no trouble? We'd just need to redo the whole enemy set and the whole gameplay, no biggie.

Serious Box Solid - SS3 Stealth Mod, officially released!

Finzy's Frozen Asylum -- Serious Escape: The Simian Encounter SS3 Mod -- SS2 Widescreen Fix Mod

Quote:
Pan: Auron: TIDUS WHAT IS THAT POKING ME IN THE BACK
Pan: Tidus: ITS FROM THE VIBRATIONS ON THE MACHINE I SWEAR
Old 08-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #6  
Pan
Bropan

Pan is online now Gamertag: SeriousPan PSN ID: YueStrife Steam ID: Yuethetmerchant

Making stuff is hard as it is, some people have problems with figuring out how hard it is to make mods and stuff. They just ask for stuff to be made expecting it to be easy. Ask Viper or Finzy. It ain't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper45
I was thinking the other day how weird it was that we have a mod, where Snakes from MGS can stab snakes that were animated by... Viper. :P
SSHD & SS3 Multiplayer Models --- Serious Box Solid VS Mod --- Serious Fantasy: Legends
Complete Video Tutorial for SED3/3.5 Player Model Creation --- Serious Marine 3: Battle for Terra
Old 08-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #7  
Streptococcus

Well the chance for an Imp (as Enemy) is there only need model and a brown texture and the 'grawlix' sounds out of my Soundpack.

For Medieval we got the Axe, old Shotgun, Sledgehammer and if the all shown in the weapon select hud (ingame), which means add not replace we reach one step closer too.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #8  
Pan
Bropan

Pan is online now Gamertag: SeriousPan PSN ID: YueStrife Steam ID: Yuethetmerchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper45
I was thinking the other day how weird it was that we have a mod, where Snakes from MGS can stab snakes that were animated by... Viper. :P
SSHD & SS3 Multiplayer Models --- Serious Box Solid VS Mod --- Serious Fantasy: Legends
Complete Video Tutorial for SED3/3.5 Player Model Creation --- Serious Marine 3: Battle for Terra
Old 08-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #9  
Streptococcus

Yes my first Facepalm!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #10  
"Poke me."

Brute is offline Send a message via MSN to Brute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaarwarian View Post
Yes my first Facepalm!
Not usually something celebrated.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #11  
Mordekai

Thing is, making TC is far more complicated that you seems to think. To create custom enemy, in general, you need modeler to create model (and lets leave for a second that you usualy want to make high poly mesh and bake normals and stuff), you need someone who will create uv maps, then you need someone who will create texture for it. One you have all this, you will need animator to create skeleton and bind it, so that mesh is ready to be animated. then you usually need to actually create animations using this skeleton.

And even when all this is done, you need someone who will do the coding (movement, trigering certain animations like jumping at certain time and stuff). Lets say this is it.

Now to create axe, again, you need to create low poly model (again, lets skip creation of high poly mesh and stuff for a moment), do the uv mapping, crete texture, and iirc, it still may need skeleton or stuff, and then you need to do the coding to implement it.

As you see, it's a hell of a lot work, so it's not as simple as you may think.
I do wonder, do you practise any of the areas that i mentioned (modelling, texturing, animation, coding, etc)?

In any case, for TC, you will need a bunch of talented people...

p.s.:
this was directed both at gnaarwarian and burnwine.

>not fit for big game dev
>works for Ubisoft on AssCreed

Last edited by Zocky; 09-11-2012 at 12:45 PM.