Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Contests

Contests This is where you fight for the glory of being #1! Can you outdo the competition? Let's see what you're made of! :D

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2017, 02:03 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Grand dreamer

Exclamation 2017: Manhunt - the mapping competition

https://i.imgur.com/eAAR5eO.png

SeriousSite.ru gladly announces a traditional yearly mapping competition! This year's theme is going to be... the haunting (or a pursuit).
What will it be? Depends on your imagination. The player is being chased by a killer, a fangirl, witnesses of a macaroni monster or maybe the player themselves will be chasing someone.
Or maybe the player is being obsessed with something - it's all up to you! The rules got little changes and improvements but first things first.

The rules remain the same as in the previous contest "Space Odyssey" and "Treasure World", with a few slight modifications.

Rules and recommendations:

* The main point should be the haunting or a pursuit.
* The player should feel the pursuit. It should be clear that the player is being haunted by someone or the player is haunting someone. The atmosphere.
* Messages and cutscenes that reveal the plot are very welcome.
* No restrictions on the place or the situation whatsoever. At all. Absolutely.
* The full walkthrough should take at least 15 minutes on the "normal" difficulty.
* You can use SDK and your own .dll libraries on the map. But you also have to pack a source code with the map.
* The development should be strictly confidencial.
* The map should be packed in a .gro file and work properly on the freshly installed version of Serious Sam. DO NOT use any cyrillic/any other symbols or spaces and try to use AutoGRO (Second Encounter).
* If you use your own .dll libraries, pack them into a .gro, and into a zip-archive with the map and a source code (that means that zip should contain a Bin folder with your .dll, its source code in the additional folder and the map itself in a .gro file that also contains a Bin folder with your .dll).
* It's allowed to use assets from someone else's maps/mods (all responsibility for the use of these assets rests with the participants). However all assets should be in a .gro file with the map, all other archives or Steam Workshop subscriptions are forbidden.

You can enter the competition as a team with up to three members. However the prizes are given by one per team. The participants who doesn't send their maps get... nothing. Also, every participant who didn't get to the top three, gets a participant medal on the SeriousSite.ru.

You can build your map for either one of these games:

* Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter
* Serious Sam 2
* Serious Sam Fusion

Prizes:

- The winner, who takes 1st place, gets super-mega big pack from Devolver Digital with a whole lot of games. The list of included games:

Absolver, Always Sometimes Monsters, Block'hood, Broforce, Defense Technica, Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition, Dungeon Hearts, Enter the Gungeon, Foul Play, Genital Jousting, Gods Will Be Watching, GORN, Heavy Bullets, Hotline Miami, LUFTRAUSERS, Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure, Mother Russia Bleeds, Noct, Okhlos: Omega, OmniBus, Reigns, RONIN, RUINER, Serious Sam 2, Serious Sam 3: BFE, Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter, Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter, Serious Sam Classics: Revolution, Serious Sam Double D XXL, Serious Sam Fusion 2017 (beta), Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter, Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope, Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter, Serious Sam: The Random Encounter, Shadow Warrior, Shadow Warrior 2, Shadow Warrior Classic (1997), Shadow Warrior Classic Redux, SPACEPLAN, Stories Untold, STRAFE, The Talos Principle, Viscera Cleanup Detail: Shadow Warrior.

And other participants will get something on their own choice:

- CS:GO Keys
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
- Prototype 2
- Grey Goo Definitive Edition
- Tormentor X Punisher
- Panty Party
- Pony Island
- The Bard's Tale
- Epistory - Typing Chronicles
- How to Survive 2
- Kingdom: New Lands
- Wasteland

But wait! The list of prizes will increase as more people participate!

You can enter the competition before December 25th inclusively. To apply for the competition, just post a reply to this thread.
The deadline for finishing your map is 23:59:59 (Moscow time), February 25th. When your map is ready, send it to ar2rdevilpinky@gmail.com or contact me in Discord (Артур давал Пинка#2532). After the contest is over, the jury will decide on the winners. Here is a thread dedicated to the contest on serioussite forum.

If you have any questions, don't be shy to ask here.

List of contestants from (as of 26.11.2017):

- CAHEK
- Neominigan
- Thanadrax + Cyborg
- StormCatcher77
- Ev3nmorn
- Redfield
- PikaCommando

Suggestions:

1. Do not postpone for later.
2. Don't focus on things that damages the gameplay.
3. Don't focus on expanding the gameplay time any way possible. Go with the flow.
4. Try to withstand the style, your idea. You can draw and write on a piece of paper and then copy everything from it.
5. Don't be scared to try. Participation is better than nothing.

Good luck!

FAQ:

Q. Can I make a map for Serious Sam: Revolution?
A. No, you still can't.

Q. Can you expand the time?
A. No, under no circumstances.

Q. My PC/Harddrive/dog has died and I can't continue the development. Can I withdraw from the competition?
A. No. Make backups. Unseen circumstances are your circumstances.

Q. Can I use the model/texture from the author X? Will it affect my rating?
A. Nothing is restricted, but all responsibility for the use of these resources rests with the participants. It has no effect on the rating. However all resources should be in a single .gro file.

Q. Can I make a mappack or only one map?
A. If the map is too big, you can divide it to several parts.

Last edited by Ar2R-devil-PiNKy; 11-26-2017 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:04 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

Default Re: 2017: Manhunt - the mapping competition

Hell fucking yeah I'm joining. I just hope we SZoners can finish it in time
Old 11-26-2017, 04:51 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Grand dreamer

Nice!
Old 11-26-2017, 08:42 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

I have a question, does it need author X's permission to use the model/texture from him or her?
Old 11-26-2017, 09:02 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Grand dreamer

Write him/her in the credits. For example:

Quote:
Thanks to:
Player 1 - for Chainsaw model
Player 2 - for urban textures from "Bla-bla-bla" map