Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Contests

Contests This is where you fight for the glory of being #1! Can you outdo the competition? Let's see what you're made of! :D

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Just-a chillin'....

Default Shoop Nitpicking Contest

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/303/errorfound.png
Let's try and find as many errors in this image as possible, shall we? Or no?

My name is Mongo, and I like Gnaars. And Cookies. Mmmm... Cookies!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
ECM
Werebull

Default Re: Origin of the Ganaar 'Shooping' Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo/CyclopticPoggy View Post
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/303/errorfound.png
Let's try and find as many errors in this image as possible, shall we? Or no?
1)The black circle is badly misshapen, possibly due to the coriolis effect or Michael J. Fox
2)There's a hyphen in Photoshop for some reason
3)The image must be in the wrong orientation, as the smiley only looks proper if tilted 90 degrees clockwise

Last edited by ECM; 11-17-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Brute is offline Send a message via MSN to Brute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal Meltdown View Post
Looky here, nit picking... OK, smart ass, for your information, what you circled is NOT an error. The original pic cut off the toes on the bottom edge of the pic I used and I can prove it. You can't laugh at my jokes, but you can try and nit pick the shop to death...
U MAD? lol

Lighten up.

@Mongo&ECM: lol
Old 11-17-2011, 03:49 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Quote:
If we can get past Mongo's foot fetish for a moment...
heh

Quote:
I laugh everytime I write here.
We see you trollin'.

Quote:
You suggest that I would be mad about something?
Yes. Despite how much you want to give us the impression that you're above our opinions, it's quite obvious that if we don't give you back positive reinforcement 100% of the time, you get all butthurt and offensive.

Quote:
The way I see it is, you all are playa hate'in on me!
Cool story, but the fact is we don't care about you enough to "playa hate" on you. If you make a funny post, some of us will laugh. If you don't, most of us won't care. If you start bitching, why would you expect positive feedback?

Quote:
If you talk smack to me in a thread first, you will get bitch slapped back.
Well, aren't you such a dangerous gangster? I better not piss you off! You might even tell on me to your mom! Oh, the horrors!

Quote:
If you're cool, then it will obvious plain and simple.
Ignoring your consistently poor grammar, were this statement true, it would be obvious that you are cool. Such a thing is very far from obvious, if true at all, given your recent behavior.

Quote:
Right now I haven't seen any real friendship, just foes.
Maybe if you stopped antagonizing everyone, they'd be nice to you.

Quote:
Just to let you know, I did get an outside opinion on this this thread with my friends and *they* said it was a funny as **** post.
No one cares what your friends think.

Quote:
*IMG*
Ethnocentric ignorance. Get over yourself, or no one will put up with your shit.

Quote:
So f*** ya if you didn't laugh.
Again, ethnocentric ignorance. There is no reason why our sense of humor should fall in line with yours.

TL;DR version: Tread carefully if you want to stay here. Trolls don't last very long on S! If you want to whine about how mean people are to poor widdle you, create a blog, a new thread or take it up with a Tribune/Staff member.

Last edited by Brute; 11-17-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:07 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Good answer.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

First off, TM and Brute please remove that white image with the f-word from your posts.

Quote:
You suggest that I would be mad about something? The way I see it is, you all are playa hate'in on me! If you talk smack to me in a thread first, you will get bitch slapped back. If you're cool, then it will obvious plain and simple. Right now I haven't seen any real friendship, just foes. Just to let you know, I did get an outside opinion on this this thread with my friends and *they* said it was a funny as **** post.

So f*** ya if you didn't laugh.
Grow a thicker skin. And some sense. There are no enemies here. Thinking that way will only serve to ruin your personal experience. People can disagree without being disagreeable. But if they really are bothering you that much then you should talk to a Tribune or moderator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
TL;DR version: Tread carefully if you want to stay here. Trolls don't last very long on S! If you want to whine about how mean people are to poor widdle you, create a blog, a new thread or take it up with a Tribune/Staff member.
If you don't mind, the Council would prefer to handle anti-trolling operations. Also, there is a difference between advising/reminding someone of the rules and making threats that only serve to make the other person defensive rather than compliant.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louva-Deus View Post
If you don't mind, the Council would prefer to handle anti-trolling operations. Also, there is a difference between advising/reminding someone of the rules and making threats that only serve to make the other person defensive rather than compliant.
Seems compliant to me.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Default Re: Shoop Nitpicking Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Brute View Post
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/Terminal-Meltdown/Serious%20Sam/grammar-police-badge.png
heh

We see you trollin'.

Yes. Despite how much you want to give us the impression that you're above our opinions, it's quite obvious that if we don't give you back positive reinforcement 100% of the time, you get all butthurt and offensive.

Cool story, but the fact is we don't care about you enough to "playa hate" on you. If you make a funny post, some of us will laugh. If you don't, most of us won't care. If you start bitching, why would you expect positive feedback?

Well, aren't you such a dangerous gangster? I better not piss you off! You might even tell on me to your mom! Oh, the horrors!

Ignoring your consistently poor grammar, were this statement true, it would be obvious that you are cool. Such a thing is very far from obvious, if true at all, given your recent behavior.

Maybe if you stopped antagonizing everyone, they'd be nice to you.

No one cares what your friends think.

Ethnocentric ignorance. Get over yourself, or no one will put up with your shit.

Again, ethnocentric ignorance. There is no reason why our sense of humor should fall in line with yours.

Even the grammar police are too ignorant to interpret the difference between clerical and grammatical errors. The only person whining like a little sniveling snot nose bitch is you, Brute. It is an ideological way of saying you do not like me and it's quite apparent. The tenor you have shown me in your previous rhetorical posts as well as the rest of your clan in this community displays a rebellion against me. Jealousy has gotten the best of you with your continual disrespect towards me and blatantly calling me out as ignorant. We also find it real peculiar that your photo shopped picture was praised and laughed at while mine was ridiculed by flaws.

You like to structurally tear down my sentences and images out of anger and hate? Well guess what, imbecile, we're laughing at you right now for getting so anally prolapsed and retentive to post a reply like that, but wait I'm not finished yet. Conspiracy theorist can speculate all they want on ethnocentrism, but on the contrary you're the arrogant pile of feces I stepped into when you didn't oblige to any of my jokes here or in any other threads. It is so obvious who is cleaning the dew off the lily around here, Brute. Unh hunh, that would be you, prick.

Speaking of antagonizing someone. I'd suspect this new manipulated thread spawned from another thread qualifies as a prime example of the message you tried to convey, Brute. Congratulations to you and your posse on that. My photo shopped pic was made to deliver a joke and was made in about 10 minutes of time, if that. I had no idea I would be persecuted for spending so very little time on it to make someone laugh for the wrong reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan Strife
"Do some members on this forum need the obvious explained?"
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Brute View Post
You just got the answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan Strife View Post
Good answer.
Thanks, I try. Even though we know which side you reside.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:15 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Quote:
Seems compliant to me.
I retract this statement.

*sigh* Well, this topic isn't really about anything else. I suppose I'll indulge him until an admin locks the thread...

Quote:
Even the grammar police are too ignorant to interpret the difference between clerical and grammatical errors.
Missing words are grammatical errors, not clerical errors.
The "grammar police" can in fact tell the difference, and wish you would learn as well.

Quote:
The only person whining like a little sniveling snot nose bitch is you, Brute. It is an ideological way of saying you do not like me and it's quite apparent.
I don't like you. Why would I? You've done nothing but try to insult me for days.
You, however, seem to believe I was just prejudiced to hate you from the beginning. That is not the case. My attitude towards you is strictly anecdotal and post-judicial. You have given very little reason or even attempt at making me like you. That is to say, you do not like me. Why, then, would I like you? That makes no sense.
I'm not saying you should shut-up just because I don't like you, however. I think diversity is great. I just think you could be a little more mature with your attitude.

Quote:
The tenor you have shown me in your previous rhetorical posts as well as the rest of your clan in this community displays a rebellion against me.
Quite to the contrary, you've been determined from the start to rebel against the norm. Something can hardly be called "rebellion" when it's the status quo.
I'm not sure who else in the community who are referring to as "my clan," but it should be noted that I do not associate with any clan, nor do I speak on behalf of any group or body besides myself. No one else has cared enough to respond to your ramblings, so your ideological construct of "a community that hates you" is purely fictitious, I assure you.

Quote:
Jealousy has gotten the best of you with your continual disrespect towards me and blatantly calling me out as ignorant.
That would have nothing to do with jealousy. So yes, you're reinforcing your illiteracy and ignorance with that very sentence.

Quote:
We also find it real peculiar that your photo shopped picture was praised and laughed at while mine was ridiculed by flaws.
Who's "we?"
And several of my photos were removed as well, which you seem to be constantly ignoring.

Quote:
You like to structurally tear down my sentences and images out of anger and hate?
No.

Quote:
Well guess what, imbecile, we're laughing at you right now for getting so anally prolapsed and retentive to post a reply like that, but wait I'm not finished yet.
Who's "we?"

Quote:
Conspiracy theorist can speculate all they want on ethnocentrism, but on the contrary you're the arrogant pile of feces I stepped into when you didn't oblige to any of my jokes here or in any other threads.
It's not a conspiracy theory, it's a sociological phenomena.

Quote:
It is so obvious who is cleaning the dew off the lily around here, Brute. Unh hunh, that would be you, prick.
I don't even know what you're trying to say, here.

Quote:
Speaking of antagonizing someone. I'd suspect this new manipulated thread spawned from another thread qualifies as a prime example of the message you tried to convey, Brute.
You seem to think I work with the staff. I don't. Whatever they do is purely on their decision alone, sovereign from my input. My message has never been condoned or supported by the council. They have remained largely neutral, as they should.

Quote:
Congratulations to you and your posse on that.
I am sovereign. I have no posse or clan. I am not the spokesperson for a community that is prejudiced against you. I'm not sure how many more times I have to repeat that before you understand it.

Quote:
My photo shopped pic was made to deliver a joke and was made in about 10 minutes of time, if that. I had no idea I would be persecuted for spending so very little time on it to make someone laugh for the wrong reason.
My pictures that I made for humor got removed, too. What is your point?

Quote:
Thanks, I try. Even though we know which side you reside.
You are, again, making grammatical errors.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:31 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

*walks in*
He mad.
*walks out*
Old 11-18-2011, 12:47 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  

Terminal Meltdown, you need to chill out. We don't allow flaming here and your post is littered with personal attacks.

Here's something to think about: did you ever consider that Mongo was just joking around by pointing out that "photoshop error"? Because he was. It was all meant in good fun. Once again you're interpreting things as attacks that are not actually attacks. I suggest you listen to what LD said. You're being overly sensitive to what, quite frankly, is the same treatment that we all endure (and in most cases, enjoy) in this community. We aren't out to get you. With that said, if you do feel like someone is being unfair to you, send me or one of the moderators a PM and we'll look into it. We want everyone to enjoy the time they spend here.

Brute, at this point you're just egging him on. I'd recommend not taking it any further.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:22 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

The hell is going on?
Old 11-18-2011, 02:57 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Terminal Meltdowns having a breakdown?
Nah he misinterpreted good S! fun for an insult and it just exploded into a big fiasco involving Brute, Terminal, lotsa words and some tequila.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Even though we know on which side you reside.*

My point was clearly made. Goodbye.

Last edited by Terminal Meltdown; 11-18-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Quote:
My point was clearly made. Goodbye.
Cya.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Just-a chillin'....

Lol. I wasn't expecting this at all! This turned out to be quite an entertaining thread, but really, TD, chill out. I wasn't trying to be a smart-ass or attack you. Look at what Viper45 said. Get "thicker" skin.

My name is Mongo, and I like Gnaars. And Cookies. Mmmm... Cookies!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo/CyclopticPoggy View Post
Lol. This turned out to be quite an entertaining thread, but really, TD, chill out. I wasn't trying to be a smart-ass or attack you. Look at what Viper45 said. Get "thicker" skin.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/Terminal-Meltdown/Serious%20Sam/toejam.jpg

I'm laughing. Are you?

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/Terminal-Meltdown/Serious%20Sam/Bruteisadouchenozzle323848.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
For someone who is as smart as you claim to be, you frequently seem to (purposely) twist the meaning of others' sentences and miss the point entirely just to continue arguing. You know what I meant, troll.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

So far I think TD might be winning this contest.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Quote:
IMG
I'm laughing. Are you?
No, because you still haven't done anything funny. But nice catch.

Quote:
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/Terminal-Meltdown/Serious%20Sam/Bruteisadouchenozzle323848.gif
This image keeps changing the word it defines, so I really can't respond to any of them.
Suffice to say, I'm rather apathetic to your underdeveloped opinions, so it doesn't really matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy
Must have taken you a while to find that post. Congrats on wasting your time.
But if it didn't take you very long, you could also go look up the post in which I responded to that erroneous statement and addressed it's flaws and misconceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louva-Deus View Post
So far I think TD might be winning this contest.
That's because you're a shit judge and obviously can't count.
1-1 does not declare a winner. He is tied with Mongo, atm.

*edit: Arguably, ECM is winning.

Last edited by Brute; 11-21-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:34 PM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Quote:
No, because you still haven't done anything funny. But nice catch.

This image keeps changing the word it defines, so I really can't respond to any of them.
Suffice to say, I'm rather apathetic to your underdeveloped opinions, so it doesn't really matter.

Must have taken you a while to find that post. Congrats on wasting your time.
But if it didn't take you very long, you could also go look up the post in which I responded to that erroneous statement and addressed it's flaws and misconceptions.

That's because you're a shit judge and obviously can't count.
1-1 does not declare a winner. He is tied with Mongo, atm.

*edit: Arguably, ECM is winning.

Again, he's too ignorant to see the joke. I increased the speed for you, Brute. I overestimated, you retard. Hahaha

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/Terminal-Meltdown/Serious%20Sam/Bruteisadouchenozzle834712.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy
For someone who is as smart as you claim to be, you frequently seem to (purposely) twist the meaning of others' sentences and miss the point entirely just to continue arguing. You know what I meant, troll.

Last edited by Terminal Meltdown; 11-21-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:57 PM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Quote:
Again, he's too ignorant to see the joke. I increased the speed. I overestimated, you retard. Hahaha
You're misusing the word "ignorant."
It's hard to take you seriously when you keep butchering the English language.

Now, if there was some sort of sensible thought in your last post, why don't you break it down and explain it, piece by piece, so that others actually know what you're talking about?
Old 11-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Quote:
You're misusing the word "ignorant."

You're "still" a lily cleaner. My penis is pristine and free of cheese now. Your job is done here, move along.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:23 AM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Quote:
You're "still" a lily cleaner. My penis is pristine and free of cheese now. Your job is done here, move along.
Not that I understand any of what you just said, but according to Louva in the chatbox, we're both done here.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Yes. This has shifted from nitpicking screenshots to flaming and insulting other members. No more. If you can get back on-topic that is fine, but if not then I will close this thread.