Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Talk about the stuff that makes you jive! Music, art, movies, anime, TV, YouTube, whatever! You can even show off your creations here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-19-2015, 08:02 PM   #91   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched

Interstellar - 5/10

It really pissed me of, and not for the reasons that I see everyone else complaining about. Not once did I hear the movie explain what was causing the Earth's crops to die, or why moving to another planet would make things better. Fuck you Interstellar. I don't believe that bullshit one bit. Makes the rest of the movie pretty pointless when you take the foundations out from underneath it like that. Didn't care for it at all.
Yes...God is a sniper.:D - ZEN
Old 04-20-2015, 02:54 AM   #92   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Interstellar - Only 1 Picard out of 2 Kirks

While I kinda had the same problem as above, it was later explained that there was a blight killing the crops. But I did have to look up that on wikipedia, what this "blight" is, apparently some sort of plant virus. Huh.

Otherwise, I think the movie was meh. I mean. The effects were good, the writing and the story was solid, I liked how they represented a tesseract in a 3d space, though I kinda found stupid that apparently the world was saved by the Power of Love, when the more logical power is Willpower, which is the basis for any universe where subjective thoughts can influence the objective space; which I call as "True Magic". Because psychology is magic.

But besides the magic part, the movie had everything to be good. But I still think it was pretty meh. And I can't really tell what, except that I felt it was underwhelming. Probably because of its hype.

The Hogfather - 1 Terry Pratchett out of everything

This was a quite old-ish live-action version of the late Sir Terry Pratchett's (RIP) Discworld book with the same title; a miniseries in fact, in two episodes. I heard about it around Christmas time, and I wanted to watch it then, as it was a Christmas special... yet I kinda forgot about it until the middle of April. Figures.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed this, because it captured the essence of the books perfectly. As in, I know that the books are fantasy parodies, yet there aren't really that a lot of jokes or funny moments in it: The story itself however, when you think about it later, is the joke. It is a joke on humanity, our beliefs and our culture.

If one gripe I would have with it, is that it actually tried to perfectly adapt the book, which made it a little bloated, which is weird, because I love really long movies. However, there were a few scenes where I felt nothing was really happening. On the other hand, it -was- a perfect adaptation of the book, which I know because at the end of the story, I felt the same feeling I usually feel whenever I finish a Discworld book: The feeling that I just discovered one more truth about Life, Humanity and the Universe. This truth might be not an objective fact, but it is certainly something that's true. Also DEATH is still the best character.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.

Last edited by Solais; 04-20-2015 at 03:03 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:08 AM   #93   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

After seeing the reviews so Intestellar seems bad ... Interesting... Though my brother recommended it to me to watch for some reason. Though interestingly its 7-8 / 10... Sometimes I find movies that are really good and that I rate 9 or 8 ends up being around 4 or 5 average reviews..
Old 04-20-2015, 08:59 PM   #94   Add To Ignore List  

Interstellar AKA Space Fantasia 2001 Nights: Night 20 - Ghost in the shelf (English dub)

Last edited by AntonioR; 04-20-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:02 PM   #95   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

I recently watched Fast and Furious 7 or whatever it's called. I would honestly say it's at least a 9/10 for me. If not for the upcoming Mad Max which seems SO FUCKING AWESOME from the trailers, it would probably be my favorite movie this year.

It's like they totally jumped the shark in this one and it's glorious! It was a crazy fun ride with ridiculous and impossible things happening all the time. A lot of times I found it kind of predictable, but I'd say that was a good thing. It's kind of like this: "Oh, I bet they'll do <insert crazy stupid impossible thing here>. Oh! They just did! Damn that was great, haha!"

Also I found the ending to be rather... emotional... I'd say it was a good tribute to Paul Walker. Quite well done indeed.

It's probably my favorite Fast and Furious out of the series so far.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:02 PM   #96   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I heard Fast and Furious is one of the most weird movie series ever, because instead of it getting worse and worse, it's actually getting better and better.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:10 PM   #97   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

I see fast and furious 7 in cinema but my family chooses to watch Avengers. It'll probly be good. But I could watch f&f7 another time...
Old 04-23-2015, 11:17 PM   #98   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I'm not sure why people still call it Fast and Furious, instead of just Furious. The official name is Furious 7 indeed, but what I mean is, there is no racing at all anymore, it has turned just into an action movie now... Oh well, I will watch it too, it's Paul Walker's last movie after all. But Im probably gonna wait for the Blu Ray, I don't really like cinemas.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:08 AM   #99   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

GoG, it's called Fast and Furious not Race and Furious. They're still going fast! So the title still works out.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:11 AM   #100   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Gotta go fast!

Anyways:

Jupiter Ascending - 2 Picards out of 3 Kirks

Was pretty, had great potential, and for the whole time, I believed that the movie was an adaptation, because no way there'd be an original IP with so detailed designs. Yet it is an original IP. And the movie was delightfully 80-90s campy and enjoyable... however, the story and the plot was all over the place. The whole time I was thinking that it would have been better as a series or a game. Which is what I'm thinking whenever I watch a movie with good potential.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:15 PM   #101   Add To Ignore List  

Watched that Hitman movie from 2007. They skipped the "cloned silent assassin from Romania" part and turned him into generic American commando fighting some mean Russian. I probably spend more time planing the perfect hit in the game, then the writer making that script.

Generic watchable action movie/10
Old 04-26-2015, 12:24 PM   #102   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Interstellar - 9

Was a very nicely done story that successfully focused on the human condition. It asks us what we would do in those situations.

Jupiter Ascending - 10

An excellent piece of science fiction fantasy. And Kunis played her part superbly.

It has been a long time since we've seen really good sci-fi. I'm glad it is coming back. Both of these films were great, for different reasons. Interstellar is a slower paced film, possibly as an ode to Solaris. Jupiter is more fast paced. Good times.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:50 AM   #103   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Watched Mad Max: Fury Road - 12/10

It goes to 11 and then some. I was skeptical about the whole thing about the movie being "one long car chase" but it's kind of true. Literally all of the action of the movie takes place on "the road" so to speak, and it's just glorious!

Heck, I'm sure others have said it in much better phrasing than I could.

In short, it has great world building, awesome vehicles, awesome almost non-stop action. The soundtrack is totally bitchin! The characters are all pretty great.

TL;DR: Best Mad Max movie to date.

Edit: I'm gonna just have to buy the bluray once it's out and rewatch it...
Old 05-25-2015, 06:25 PM   #104   Add To Ignore List  

Watched "Edge of tomorrow" last night. It was better than I expected. It was funny at the beginning to see Tom Cruise portray a coward, usually he is a badass from the first minute.

My only complaint, just like with the Oblivion (which in many ways has similar vibes), is that aliens and the invasion were pushed in the background too far, not giving much explanation who they are and what they do.

The movie is good as is, but I wish for a good sci-fi movie that focuses more on the sci-fi elements and exploring alien worlds and stuff, then human romance, relations and similar. Groundhog day already did that pretty good

Tom Cruise/10
Old 05-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #105   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

I watched Kung Fury. You should watch it too. Right now.

It's a 30 minute cheesy action flick spoofing cheesy 80s action flicks. It's just great. It may be short, but it constantly delivers the cheese!

Did I mention David Hasselhoff is involved?

There's also this Trailer/Music Video. You should watch it / listen to it right naaao!

Disclaimer: I mean, if you don't like cheesy 80s movies and 80s synth music you'll probably not enjoy it much, but on the other hand, you might be some weird alien because who wouldn't like those very likeable things?!

TL;DR: If you enjoyed Blood Dragon, watch Kung Fury!
Old 05-29-2015, 07:47 PM   #106   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I did watch Kung Fury today as well. It might be the best thing ever made. If you could inject it to your veins, it might even cure cancer.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:15 AM   #107   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Kung Fury was entertaining.

Recently watched Tomorrowland. I give it a 10. Very well done and anything with Hugh Laurie has to be good.

Also watched Avengers 2 on opening night. 15/10 for epic lulz. Pretty awesome.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:22 AM   #108   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Just watched Mad Max. It was friggin amazing. Reminded me of Borderlands and Rage (ID). Very good. Giving it 95 / 100. Hope there's a sequel though.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:57 AM   #109   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
Just watched Mad Max. It was friggin amazing. Reminded me of Borderlands and Rage (ID). Very good. Giving it 95 / 100. Hope there's a sequel though.
Well, I have news for you!... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7310266.html

(I found out about it here: http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comme...d_mad_max_the/ )
Old 05-31-2015, 03:06 PM   #110   Add To Ignore List  

I watched Kung Fury, but I was disappointed. The trailer was like the best thing ever, but I think that ruined it for me. I feel like they showed all the best scenes already in it.

I would also like to add that visually the first five minutes were fantastic, it reminded me how fancy the original Sin City looked with its unique art style the first time I saw it. Not to mention how much I like the 80s movies. Today movies look too good, too clean, and all characters need to go trough some personal drama. It would be great if there was a full feature film with that 80s style made today, not Kung Fury, but something more serious.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:48 AM   #111   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Ohhh I am excited thank you
Will watch it straight away when it gets released.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:46 AM   #112   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Jurassic World anyone ? 😂

Only few days to go.. 🐧
Old 06-08-2015, 09:28 PM   #113   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Going to the cinemas but gonna watch a different movie probably Spy or this other one. Already seen Mad Max; I probably might think about seeing Jurassic World with my family.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:17 PM   #114   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

I think about two weeks ago I watched Dredd. The new Judge Dredd movie that is. It was good. Idk, I guess I'd rate it 8-9/10 or something?

I mean, I liked Mad Max and John Wick a lot better, but it was a good entertaining action movie.

I'm kind of sad that I don't know what movie to be hyped about nowadays...

Not actually an edit: Ugh, what the fuck, I was browsing wikipedia and Taken 3 has (for now) made more money than Mad Max? What?! WHAT?! That piece of shit?... I guess it has dumbasses like me to thank for that Probably the worst movie I've bough a ticket to see in the last few years...

Edit: I'm glad Furious 7 made lots of money tho, I really enjoyed it. (Although Mad Max was definitely better)
Old 06-15-2015, 08:24 PM   #115   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Jurassic World - 10

Amazingly good. Starlord saved the franchise.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:52 PM   #116   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Jurassic World: Freekin amazing, watched it at the cinema with 3D glasses, I loved how they used some bits of the old theme, that new Dinosaur is badass, also loved the raptors, they somehow add such a nostalgic feel to it, the ending was awesome too but not gonna spoil

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/10411186_10153661133376840_3752130271612436009_n.jpg?oh=b0d16ebed7a3ba1c27aaea22167d505a&oe=55E8F99B

Last edited by Devostator; 06-21-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:21 AM   #117   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

Yep, just watched it on Friday it was amazing! Thats all I can say
Aww too bad I didn't see it in 3D glasses too expensive .. So I just watched it normally.

For me: 9.5 / 10
Old 06-22-2015, 04:47 AM   #118   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

7.5/10 from a long time fan. The human elements were cliched and annoying. The human element added unnecessary drama that's never referenced again or they're just plain stupid with their 'plots'. It's like moustache twirling kind of evil.

The dinosaurs were great, treated with respect. The hybrid wasn't so bad - I found myself finding it a believable course of action. But the whole treating it as an asset and how InGen ignores what happened in JP to just repeat the exact same mistakes was also eye roll inducing. XD Owen was a really fun character and I liked him a lot. A highlight of the film.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:53 AM   #119   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I wouldn't say that the dinos were treated with respect, seeing how scientifically wrong their depiction is, but from what I've seen so far, they look great. Gonna watch it soon too, I think. Maybe I'll watch the first 3 movies first, though. Just to remind myself.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:27 AM   #120   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I wouldn't say that the dinos were treated with respect, seeing how scientifically wrong their depiction is.
Dr Wu: You wanted them scary, you didn't want accuracy. You wanted monsters.

paraphrased. That wasn't what I meant by respect but whatever. XD