Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3

Serious Sam 3 Everything you want to know or say about Serious Sam 3!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2016, 07:58 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Default is this game getting more difficult or am I getting older?

I'm either getting older, more stupid, or the Serious Sam games are getting more difficult.

So many times I find myself playing again and again a part of the game simply because I suck so much at it.

There are hints on how I should handle situations that I will not get until the 3rd, 5th, or even 7th time I re-play something. Sometimes I'll "sleep" on a level and leave it for the next day, where I'll return with fresh mind and strategies to beat it. I'm taking advantage of prior knowledge of the situation so that I can beat that part of the game.

However, I feel that the whole point of Serious Sam is to improvise on what's happening around you and "oversmart" the hordes. It's about reflextes, instict, and some brains. But that doesn't happen for me. The way I play the game, it's all about trial and error and that simply feels WRONG.

Do I remember well, that the first two games where more simple to handle? Having to reload the Rifle and Single Shotgun is a pain in the ass, but I don't think that's thet problem.

I'm here to ask, is this common among Serious Sam players? Having to re-play the same part so that you'll know what's ahead of you?

I'm playing in Medium difficulty. Maybe I should have played in Very Easy? Maybe I should look elsewhere for my gaming fix?

Just to add some objective measure about my skill level, I usually survive 1:20 to 2:40 min in Canyon (haven't played the others) and I've managed to reach till 4:20, which is very bad, considering a simple search on YouTube showing someone doing a 15 min, and making it look like a walk in the park!

Last edited by swapjim; 06-02-2016 at 08:08 AM.