Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic > Serious Sam Classic Workshop > Serious Editor

Serious Editor Discuss mapping ideas & problems or show tutorials and maps.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2003, 04:01 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Question Moving brush absorbing weapon fire problem

This is a question for serious sam first encounter.

I have a moving brush as a floor in a map I'm making. The idea is to have the floor break away when a trigger is activated, to reveal something underneath. Problem is, I can't get the floor to stop absorbing weapon fire (such as the canon balls will explode on contact with the floor rahter than rolling across it.) Also, the weapon fire adds up and eventually destroys the floor prematurly. Is there a way to get the moving brush to act like a normal floor when it comes to weapon fire, but still be breakable by the damager?
Old 12-05-2003, 08:56 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
λ

Shrinker is offline Send a message via ICQ to Shrinker Send a message via AIM to Shrinker Send a message via MSN to Shrinker

Make the moving brush invisible and parent a real brush to it.
   Arrival Mix | Tree of Life

Old 12-05-2003, 09:48 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Lost out there!

Why a moving brush as the floor? Does it move? If not why not use an ordinary brush you can still destroy them - just give it enough health that no one will ever have enough ammo to destroy it.

Never mind I just remembered why! Stupid me been away from the editor too long, can't remember even some of the basics.

Last edited by Nifran Tay; 12-05-2003 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:28 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

I know this is possible, croteam does this trick in second encounter during the tower of babylon map. They have a series of floors that break away and the player falls to the floor underneath it, and so on.

What I can't figure out is how they got the floor to ignor weapon fire, and to allow the canon to roll over it.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:53 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Joben is offline Send a message via ICQ to Joben Send a message via AIM to Joben

btw its not in Tower of Babylon, its in the one before it, labeled 2_3 Persepolis

anyway i have most of the anser...Croteam's ones do not allow cannon balls to roll over them.

To stop the floor being damaged by your weapon fire check the flag labeled Blowup by Damager.

If you realy need the cannon there try what Shrinker said. 'children' are destroyed when their parent is. So make the floor a normal brush and parent it to a MB. when the MB is destroyed by a damager, the floor should disapear too.

Last edited by Joben; 12-05-2003 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-05-2003, 03:04 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben
btw its not in Tower of Babylon, its in the one before it, labeled 2_3 Persepolis

anyway i have most of the anser...Croteam's ones do not allow cannon balls to roll over them.

To stop the floor being damaged by your weapon fire check the flag labeled Blowup by Damager.

If you realy need the cannon there try what Shrinker said. 'children' are destroyed when their parent is. So make the floor a normal brush and parent it to a MB. when the MB is destroyed by a damager, the floor should disapear too.

Funny how it's always something really simple that holds you up... I do wish there was a way to get the canon balls to roll across the floor, but oh well, that's a very minor issue.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:13 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

AverageJoe is offline Send a message via AIM to AverageJoe

grenades too
Old 12-05-2003, 04:27 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Joben is offline Send a message via ICQ to Joben Send a message via AIM to Joben

strangely enough grenades seem to work properly on the destructible floors in 2_3 Persepolis.