Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 03:17 AM   #61  
Albino Cyclops

Default Re: The "Bug-Me" Thread: Your Questions for Croteam

Question:
Will you give whoever made the soundtrack for all three Sam games a huge pat on the back for me? He is a god.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:02 AM   #62  
Cool Nerd

cHr0nIc is offline Send a message via Skype™ to cHr0nIc

Question:

Will SS:HD contain both FE and SE or is it just FE?

There seems to be some confusion in the press on the issue. At least one source has stated that it'll only be an update to FE, while the pics released so far clearly show a comparison shot using the SE level Ziggurat.

Henchman 24: Come on! They have one female servicing a large group of males. That implies a species that lays eggs.
Henchman 21: Oh my God, you're crazy! They're so obviously mammals!
Henchman 24: Please! She'd be in estrus 24/7 if she didn't lay eggs.
Henchman 21: Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a f***ing beard! They're mammals!
Old 06-27-2009, 04:13 AM   #63  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Finzy is offline Steam ID: finzy Youtube: FunkyFinzy

Gimli's been saying that FE comes out first, then SE.

Serious Box Solid - SS3 Stealth Mod

Finzy's Frozen Asylum -- Serious Escape: The Simian Encounter SS3 Mod -- Mountain Madness (New Campaign Demo!)

Quote:
Pan: Auron: TIDUS WHAT IS THAT POKING ME IN THE BACK
Pan: Tidus: ITS FROM THE VIBRATIONS ON THE MACHINE I SWEAR
Old 06-27-2009, 04:30 AM   #64  
Cool Nerd

cHr0nIc is offline Send a message via Skype™ to cHr0nIc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finzy View Post
Gimli's been saying that FE comes out first, then SE.
Well "pfft" to that ! They need to, finally, put both games together and truly make them one. And I don't mean like they did with SS:Gold either, because they were still two separate games...

Henchman 24: Come on! They have one female servicing a large group of males. That implies a species that lays eggs.
Henchman 21: Oh my God, you're crazy! They're so obviously mammals!
Henchman 24: Please! She'd be in estrus 24/7 if she didn't lay eggs.
Henchman 21: Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a f***ing beard! They're mammals!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:04 AM   #65  
PASGETTI!

It will cost 15$, which less than it originally cost (20$). There are suggestions to have them use the same folder. It sounds like a reasonable suggestion to me, so maybe they will do that. As far as installation goes, it should be easy, though I'm not 100 % sure about the rest. If they do it like that and offer it over Steam or something, then it could be considered a simple upgrade, so if you reinstall it at any point in time, you would get all of it. We'll have to wait for official word on this though.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:02 AM   #66  
Mental

Deepblue is offline Steam ID: Deepblue_Seriously

Maybe there could be an option when you install SS:SE HD with FE installed that you can install SE as part of FE rather than seperate

But really, we should talk about this in the SS:HD forum, this is for SS3
Old 06-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #67  
Lava Golem

With DX11 around the corner, will Serious Engine 3 take advantage of the extended possibilities of DX11 and DX10? And if so, will it be used in SS3 on PCs where the hardware supports DX10 and DX11?
Old 06-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #68  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Steam ID: BjossiAlfreds Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

Has the publisher revealed any information about what level of DRM will be used for SS:HD and SS3?
Old 06-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #69  
Khnumilicious!

Seriously! Khnum

Discy is offline Steam ID: joey42

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/14013303.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1246131893&Signature=H2FPJjKrMs%2F%2FQDipTK60kdxDb%2BM%3D

The engine looks very cinematic. How customizable is this? I for one find depth of view blur or 'film grain' highly distracting and annoying, and I hope these features can be turned off if they're implemented.

And also, will Mr. Mravunac return as the music composer for the upcoming Sam games?
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 06-27-2009, 03:34 PM   #70  
Mental

...where did you get that screenshot?
Old 06-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #71  
Gnaar

i was just curious what the differences are between the copy that will be released for the 360 and the one that will come out on PC a little later - obviously you guys have to secure compatibility with the plethora of hardware people have strapped in their machines but are there any surprises for the PC gamers out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
Breedlove posted it on the devolver twitter with a comparison shot
Old 06-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #72  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Finzy is offline Steam ID: finzy Youtube: FunkyFinzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue
Devolver Digital twitter.

EDIT: Beat me to it.

Serious Box Solid - SS3 Stealth Mod

Finzy's Frozen Asylum -- Serious Escape: The Simian Encounter SS3 Mod -- Mountain Madness (New Campaign Demo!)

Quote:
Pan: Auron: TIDUS WHAT IS THAT POKING ME IN THE BACK
Pan: Tidus: ITS FROM THE VIBRATIONS ON THE MACHINE I SWEAR
Old 06-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #73  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Steam ID: BjossiAlfreds Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

Will SE HD be installed as an expansion into the FE folder? If not, then will it at least be possible to merge them manually without any severe complications and bugs?
Old 06-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #74  
Serious Xmas 2009!!

Wytas is offline Send a message via MSN to Wytas Send a message via Skype™ to Wytas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiendian View Post
Will SE HD be installed as an expansion into the FE folder? If not, then will it at least be possible to merge them manually without any severe complications and bugs?
I guess it's gonna be C:/Program Files/CroTeam/Serious Sam HD

Like original FE's folder was called "Serious Sam", bu SE's was called "Serious Sam The Second Encounter".

New projects!
• A sequel to one of my maps o_O
• Serious Sam crazy!™
Old 06-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #75  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

They can write whatever default path they want, I do not install games on C:\, let alone in such a nonsensical place as Program Files.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:15 AM   #76  
Kleer

One Question:

Will you be releasing on Steam?

I'm sure that would boost multiplayer numbers considerably
Old 06-28-2009, 04:40 AM   #77  
Scrapjack

freker is offline PSN ID: Freker Steam ID: Freker Send a message via MSN to freker

Hello, long time no see for anyone on this forum who may possibly remember me a while back. 'Been following the Serious Sam news on Seriously! over the last few years since I've left the forum. Very happy to see Serious Sam HD arrive.

My question for Croteam as it looks like nobody else has asked;

Are we likely to see the NETRICSA database in SS:HD and back in SS3? Or will Netrisca just be an AI again, ala SS2?
Old 06-28-2009, 06:42 AM   #78  
Mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finzy View Post
Devolver Digital twitter.

EDIT: Beat me to it.
Sheesh, why should I register to Twitter just to view 'em?
and why doesn't BreedLove post links in the first place? Saying "Here's a link" or somesuch and not posting anything.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:37 AM   #79  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
Sheesh, why should I register to Twitter just to view 'em?
and why doesn't BreedLove post links in the first place? Saying "Here's a link" or somesuch and not posting anything.
Register? why? I didn't and i could view them easily. Also Breedlove posted them in the SS HD forum.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #80  
Kleer

Actually one other question:

Serious Sam HD and Serious Sam Forever, apart from the different developers aren't these two going to be virtually the same game?

Or have i missed something?
Old 06-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #81  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

No, they aren't.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #82  
Razardous

The Serious Spoon is offline Send a message via ICQ to The Serious Spoon

Moved thread to SS HD forum, it fits better here.

"And yet be reminded by the Gods that though cooperation is a friendly pursuit, friendly fire is righteous in its purging of the vile and corrupt. Let ye not be deserving of its wrath for the hoarding of power-ups."
Old 06-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #83  
Footballer Orc

My question is- Will the enemy layouts be different between XBLA and PC versions? Mouse/Keyboard is so much more responsive than a gamepad that having identical enemy patterns would make the PC version feel much easier.

James
Old 06-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #84  
T-Mech

Darkness_Brewed is offline Steam ID: D_A

Okay, you've already answered that the enemies and weapons will be taken back to a more serious design, the style of the first two games.

Will Sam retain his stylized look from Serious Sam 2?

I remember reading something about Croteam feeling like they finally felt they had nailed Sam's look in SS2, and I agree. I love how Sam looks in SS2, and would be a little sad to see him changed in the next games.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #85  
Footballer Orc

Thumbs down Re: The "Bug-Me" Thread: Your Questions for Croteam

Quote:
Q: Will there be an achievements/unlock/rewards system for superior gaming skills?
A: Yes there is, already in SSHD.
Why? Why for the love of Pete does every new game have to have this? New players are already at a disadvantage. Achievements/experience points/rewards are a pain in the ass and belong in MMORPG's and console games. I buy the game, I want everything included. I'm 45 years old and I do not have countless hours to spend playing a game to unlock some cool little widget. I have a job, a mortgage to pay for, and money to spend occasionally on games that I want to play. This isn't Call of Duty, this is Serious Sam! I do not want achievements or experience points or any of that BS, I want it all from the minute I install it on my PC to play. Achievements turns this from a game into a job, working away at it to unlock some cool goody, that I should have from day 1.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #86  
T-Mech

Darkness_Brewed is offline Steam ID: D_A

Well, seeing as how SSHD will be released on Xbox Live Arcade... achievements are expected, and I think required.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #87  
Footballer Orc

They can have them all they want in the console version, doesn't bother me there since I do not nor will I ever own or play a game on a console. I just despise the fact that it has to be carried over to the PC and I think it is a bad choice. It reduces the value of the game for me which I was quite excited about until I read that small Q&A line, made my heart sink.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #88  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco[CoF] View Post
Why? Why for the love of Pete does every new game have to have this? New players are already at a disadvantage. Achievements/experience points/rewards are a pain in the ass and belong in MMORPG's and console games. I buy the game, I want everything included. I'm 45 years old and I do not have countless hours to spend playing a game to unlock some cool little widget. I have a job, a mortgage to pay for, and money to spend occasionally on games that I want to play. This isn't Call of Duty, this is Serious Sam! I do not want achievements or experience points or any of that BS, I want it all from the minute I install it on my PC to play. Achievements turns this from a game into a job, working away at it to unlock some cool goody, that I should have from day 1.
You're going to have to play one level to unlock the next, you know.

Achievements are there for those who care about them. It sounds like you don't care so I recommend doing what I do, which is play the game and, if one of them looks like something you'd find fun, chase after it. If not, don't waste your time. On 360, at least, there are no bonuses like an extra weapon or fancy new shirt for Sam to wear associated with earning them. If you want a fancy new weapon, look for secrets in the level.

James
Old 06-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #89  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
You're going to have to play one level to unlock the next, you know.

Achievements are there for those who care about them. It sounds like you don't care so I recommend doing what I do, which is play the game and, if one of them looks like something you'd find fun, chase after it. If not, don't waste your time. On 360, at least, there are no bonuses like an extra weapon or fancy new shirt for Sam to wear associated with earning them. If you want a fancy new weapon, look for secrets in the level.

James
That sets my mind at ease somewhat, thanks. My biggest concern is that it would end up like the newer CoD games. I played the heck out of CoD and CoD:UO and loved it. Don't have 4 yet and probably won't get it either, but I do have CoD:WaW. My brother gave me an extra he got when he bought a GTX 280. Single player was fun, multiplayer is insufferable. Everyone else has massive XP with all the cool goodies and weapons, I'm like walking into a battlefield with a squirt gun. My biggest fear was that Serious Sam was going the same route, I'd be stuck with a pistol against an entire army of cannon carriers. If the XP just improves the game experience I'm fine with that and would probably enjoy it, but if it creates a disadvantage for a newcomer, I'm out of there.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #90  
Kamikaze

Can you guys conclusively say that Serious Sam HD is JUST the First Encounter?