Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2016, 11:22 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Idiot

Post D-6.gro - Weird Russian Serious Sam Mod

I'm not sure if it's the right place to put this topic here or if this has been talked about before, but here I go anyway...

Ok, since it's the spooky month, let's talk about a weird Russian Serious Sam Mod which was said to be haunted called Distima 6 or D-6 in short.

Here's a SomeOrdinaryGamer's video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUHH0J-ROq0

Here's a wiki article saying how it worked and looked like if you don't want to watch Mutahar play through the entire thing: http://someordinarygamers.wikia.com/wiki/D-6.gro

SPOILERS IF YOU WANT TO READ/WATCH IT BLIND

It may seem like some edgy thingy made by some bored Russian or something like that, but remember that it changed the background of the Virtual Machine twice and pretty much bricked it. I don't know about you, but I'd absolutely shit myself if that happened on my real computer. Whatever you do, don't download it and play it, no one knows what can happen.

Also, when I was reading through this I was experiencing that weird feeling of dread. Paranoia? Probably.

Let's discuss about this disturbing mod and share your theories about what it could mean.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:01 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Born to grill

Default Re: D-6.gro - Weird Russian Serious Sam Mod

It was goddamn scary and famous in 2011.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:42 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

I think I heard about this creepypasta before, pretty cool stuff.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 10-28-2016, 05:01 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Gehenna's member

I read it on the bus and I decided to open the video, a random part of the end. And fuck, there came my first jumpscare on a bus lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorchop View Post
I'll date you bro. You're gonna have to put on a wig and stuff some balloons under your shirt, and you're gonna have to pay for dinner as well. Also no touching. Don't even make eye contact. I'll pick you up around 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mane View Post
That's a deal!
Old 10-29-2016, 02:20 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Idiot

Jumpscare on a bus? That sounds amazing TBH, lol.

I think I got a theory.
When a floor ends, it always says "end of tier X" and I'm pretty sure there's an "end of tier 9", which means there's 10 floors.

I think we're going deeper into hell, because in Dante's Inferno, there's 10 circles of hell. The thing that caught the player at the end may have been Satan himself.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:10 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Master of Kalamzoo

I've played this creepy pasta mod before. Not quite hollow-ween at the time (like a month too soon)

It's, pretty damn unsettling to say the least. And it does have a few jump scares. Also there's versions of it. One is a safer version, and the 'Death' version (where you do die) is said to malicious.

The pain noises you hear from getting killed are very cringey, they sound almost like real pain.

I've come up with a theory one what D-6 means. Though I'm not too sure about it. Though I discussed it with SLAwww once on Skype and he honestly thinks I was going somewhere with this theory:

My Theory is pretty simple in all. The mod is very edgy to say the least.
We start off with a little insanity, I mean, that's all you get in the opening part. A bunch of random symbols and static background.
A long tunnel, this could be symbolized as the grey life one lives, only walking forward down a lit tunnel with no ending in sight. You see yourself and make the choice to walk down a darker path. (Any one who has been depressed has seen this before)
And then, shortly later. You start to descend. I suspect this descending to related to slowly going insane, considering how each level is more chaotic then the last.
Each Glyph you see on each start of each level is related to a negative emotion and are seen in this order: Despair, Ego, Envy, Fastidiousness, Malevolence, and Hatred (I think, I KNOW Hatred is last though), This could tie in with the 7 Deadly Sins somehow.
This keeps up until you go completely insane, only to be killed by the embodiment of these negative emotions. That's how it would appear to you. But in reality: you have committed suicide. You had the chance to go back, to stop. But you didn't.
That's a stretch, but luckly I've got other facts too.

SLAwww also translated the text that is repeated on the title screen. "ты погибнешь ты погибнешь ты погибнешь". It means "you're going to die unnaturally"
Furthermore, the .d-6 file is this line repeated as well.
There are empty folders each with a letter on them, I put them together and put them into a translator and I got: "ТЫПОГИБНЕШЬ" or "You will die"
A repeated use of the words "You" and "Die". VERY Edgy shit right here.
The gro for this game in the safe version at-least is called barelybreathing.gro, furthering my theory for this. There is menu music, though it's a very quiet and disturbing breathing with heart-beating noises as well.
The levels folder doesn't exist. Instead, all the levels are in a folder call "Die"
The classes on the other hand, are in a hold called "Evil"
Even more, is that before I fixed the controls (and you will need to do this), the mod had controls that matched those found in SLAwww's mod: Black Radiance, meaning D-6 was likely edited from that.
The glyph for hatred is also seen in the mod icon for Black Radiance as well, strangely enough SLAwww says he never made an icon for his mod. Or he never made one that looks like this.

That's all I got for now.

Last edited by Captain_Russia; 10-29-2016 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:59 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Idiot

Well, that's interesting. It is edgy, but still kinda depressing at the same time.
What do you think about the guy who kills you at the end?
Do you think it's scary or just really freaking funny, because I can't really tell myself?
Also, do you still have the files? Is there anything else in there?

Last edited by Ziemniak; 10-29-2016 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:58 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Master of Kalamzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziemniak View Post
What do you think about the guy who kills you at the end?
Do you think it's scary or just really freaking funny, because I can't really tell myself?
I didn't think it was really scary or funny, I thought it was downright disturbing, the sounds that play during this part sound so realistic. (As he rams the pole into you, you cry out in pain and hear the sound of your flesh and bones being twisted, it's VERY painful sounding)

Quote:
Also, do you still have the files? Is there anything else in there?
I do as a matter of fact. I should point out I have the no-death version, instead of dying you hear one last Russian line and then the game closes out. and your desktop is changed to glyphs. I feel the game may have done something else to my system since then...

After the game closes it deleted the .d-6 file in your main directory. An it will not start without this, you CAN however just create any text file and rename the extension and play the mod again.

All the files have hidden-effect on them so you'll have to find them via searches and stuff. I hear the death version has passworded files.

Anything else, hmmm. I'd have to check all the levels to see this, I'd also really love to check out the death version's levels to see if it does do anything malicious too. But I feel I may need a virtual machine for this first (I DO have the 'installer' for this death version. SLAwww knows where to get this shit XD)

EDIT: oh wait I forgot, every level also has a Security class that crashes the editor if you try to open them. This was easily bypassed by editing the .ecl class of the same name and making it load a different class. However should this fail you can still Hexi-edit the class out of the levels.

Before the crash some text is displayed, if anyone can translate what these say it may help with uncovering the meaning of D-6. (I'll take some screenshots I guess)

Last edited by Captain_Russia; 10-29-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:26 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Idiot

Muta played a version where there was no sounds of death or something, either way, he made out the funniest sound a human has ever made.
That laugh Mutahar made. If you hear it, you'll always hear it there.
EDIT: There it is.
https://youtu.be/RUHH0J-ROq0?t=34m50s

Last edited by Ziemniak; 10-29-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:56 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Master of Kalamzoo

Some people found it hilarious, also the sound is cut out likely for copyright reasons.

You'd have to play it yourself to hear it, it's terrifying.

Now, there are 2 jump scares that got me good in this:

The first one is the Gnaar that murdered right in front of you at the end of level 6.

The second one is the shadow figure that wraps his claws around you before the mirror door on level 7. This one really freaked me out the first time I saw it!
Old 10-29-2016, 10:59 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Idiot

Actually, I've seen videos of it and holy f**k, that stuff made me flinch, cringe and just... Eeeew, no.
It's not the screams, it's more about the sound of flesh.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Master of Kalamzoo

There are 3 sounds that play during that:

Satanic background sounds and streaming.
The, whatever the hell HE is, killing you.
And your pain noises.

I'm REALLY curious where those sounds even came from TBH.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:16 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Idiot

Most sounds are stock ones, but some of them are completely new to me, like satan. (Let's call him Satan from now on, it'll be easier.)
Old 06-05-2017, 03:53 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Quote:
Most sounds are stock ones, but some of them are completely new to me, like satan. (Let's call him Satan from now on, it'll be easier.)
It is Easy to call that Thing at the End Satan, because of the Demonic Features of it.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:38 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

This is pretty nuts. I didn't hear any of the in-game sounds or music when I watched this because the person talking over the game was too loud compared to the game sound. I didn't even know that it was possible to package malware into a mod like this so that the game could delete itself and then change your wallpaper. I liked the sense of paranoia that the developer was able to create with just the long, empty corridors. I've thought about running this in a VM myself in order to try it out.