Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic > Serious Sam Classic Workshop > Serious Sam Classic SDK

Serious Sam Classic SDK Discuss coding ideas & problems or show tutorials and code snippets.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2006, 02:47 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Unhappy VS .NET Help for russian

HELP!
I have SSDK 1.7 and Visual Studio .NET
if I build EntityMP.dsp as say gone_motard I have a error
StdH.cpp
D:\SSDK\Engine\Math\Functions.h(438) : error C2666: 'fmod' : 3 overloads have similar conversions
e:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\math.h(606): could be 'long double fmod(long double,long double)'
e:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\math.h(558): or 'float fmod(float,float)'
e:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\math.h(191): or 'double fmod(double,double)'
while trying to match the argument list '(ANGLE, double)'
D:\SSDK\Engine\Graphics\Gfx_wrapper.h(111) : error C2383: 'gfxSetOrtho' : default-arguments are not allowed on this symbol
D:\SSDK\Engine\Graphics\Gfx_wrapper.h(117) : error C2383: 'gfxSetViewMatrix' : default-arguments are not allowed on this symbol
D:\SSDK\Engine\Graphics\Gfx_wrapper.h(120) : error C2383: 'gfxSetTextureMatrix' : default-arguments are not allowed on this symbol
D:\SSDK\Engine\Graphics\Gfx_wrapper.h(216) : error C2383: 'gfxSetTexCoordArray' : default-arguments are not allowed on this symbol
HELP me please.
sorry for orpho but i am russian.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:29 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Twinkle Toe Domo

Visual Studio 6 SP 5 was used to build the original Sam binaries. Since VS 6, VS has gotten more standards compliant, and thus some things in the C++ language have changed, and when you try to compile with the newer compiler and newer libraries (MFC, CRT), you will get errors. While you can edit the code definitions to fix those errors, your rebuilt mod binaries and the binaries you can't rebuild will end up using different versions of the CRT and MFC and things will oftentimes crash. I remember rebuilding Sam SE binaries with Visual Studio .NET 2003, albeit with a few code changes, and while it would play, it would also crash randomly when exiting the game (and sometimes starting too).

So in other words, you need Visual Studio 6 with SP5.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:29 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
blahblahblah

--Fragman-- is offline Send a message via ICQ to --Fragman-- Send a message via AIM to --Fragman-- Send a message via MSN to --Fragman--

If you prefer using a newer gui, you can make VS 200X Net use the 6.0 compilers etc by putting them in include list (above newer ones), just make sure that you don't forget anything.

--------------------------
My Page!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:15 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

It's very hard. Give me step by step tutorial
Old 04-17-2006, 08:38 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
blahblahblah

--Fragman-- is offline Send a message via ICQ to --Fragman-- Send a message via AIM to --Fragman-- Send a message via MSN to --Fragman--

Well, first you need to have Visual Studio 6. Just use the tuts floating around here (mod forum or coding I think) to set that up. Once you got that working, copy all include folders from that over to newer VS.

My Page!
Old 04-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

How add 6.0 compilers in VS 200X Net
Old 04-17-2006, 10:16 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
blahblahblah

As I said, you need to modify the include/executables etc directories....I can make some screenshots of mine if that helps you.
Attached Images

My Page!

Last edited by --Fragman--; 04-17-2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:00 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Cool Fragman, but i don't have VC 6, I search in shops but i don't find it.
Maybe you give me this files in attach or on e-mail: Evil_Genius_13@mail.ru (if it cost 1-10 Mb).
Thank for help.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:33 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
blahblahblah

Nope, I can't really do that, apart from being illegal, it would also requiring me to find out which files exactly are needed etc. Have you looked at online stores or ebay?

My Page!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:07 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

OK. Good idea.