Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Talk about the stuff that makes you jive! Music, art, movies, anime, TV, YouTube, whatever! You can even show off your creations here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2006, 08:14 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Just Good

Default Silent Hill movie? Me buys a shotgun...

No, not another game to movie disaster! If they desecrate this one of my most favourite game series ever, I'm gonna go into a shooting spree. I'm sick and tired of this bullshit. Has anyone see Alone in the Dark? I have...I think the people behind the movie should be all shot. Luckily I haven't seen anything come out of Deus Ex movie, and I'm glad of it. Resident Evil was also a disaster. The first movie had it's good sides (though still so far from the actual RE series feel), but the second movie really was what the title says - apocalypse. As for Doom, I'm not planning on ever really coming closer to that piece of junk.

Check out the SH Movie info here. And someone tell me how it looks, cause with my 56k slow-crap connection, the site won't even load. Let's all hope for the best...no, let them hope for the best!

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/

edit: I don't know why can't they leave the games in peace. Make your own ideas, losers!

Last edited by Deviantel; 01-04-2006 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:20 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
...is dreaming.

Oswald is offline Send a message via ICQ to Oswald Send a message via AIM to Oswald

Eh. It's not like it's hard to make a movie that features rusty walls and random large areas of the industrial nature. I expect that just like Silent Hill 3 (and apparently, 4 - swears my pal Charlie who is a well trusted confidant) in that it will once again prove that the horse is indeed dead.

Shameless self-promotion - click here to see my portfolio.
Shamelessly ripping films apart with the Popcorn Nazis.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:47 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
ijubnsgrziuh

Problem with making game movies is that if they kept to the original storyline then people who go to see it cos they liked the game will already know what's going to happen. So they have to come up with original stuff but these people pushing the idea of using games as movies, they only do this cos they can't come up with a decent idea themselves.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:30 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Just Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinnie
they only do this cos they can't come up with a decent idea themselves.
Exactly. How lame...
Old 01-04-2006, 03:04 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

You know, if done correctly, a System Shock (2) movie might be actually good wouldn´t it?

But they would have to make some major changes to keep you interested watching the whole time, since it is not fun watching a guy that never speaks walking around killing monsters. The marine would for example meet survivors and things would happen that never did in the game.

Same would be needed to make Silent Hill interesting as a movie, keep the plot of the game but change some of the other smaller elements to keep things interesting.

Last edited by Fiendian; 01-04-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:34 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Just Good

If they would manage to put up a new original story that still holds on to the main idea of the town of Silent Hill, manage not to ruin the unique atmosphere of the SH series, and if the script gets finished unlike so many new movies which seem so unfinished with scenes that could have been done so mucn better, and finally, a good cast with not so many "shiny" faces would be just great.

But, though I see people like Sean Bean and Laurie Holden in the cast, things might turn up ok. If they've put in people like Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp or something, it'd be a disaster from the beginning. I also see that there are Alessa and Dahlia in the characters list, so the originality of the script might be a questionable thing. They should have went with something like SH2 has, a totally different story...

As I said, they better make this one at least ok...I'm not expecting anything perfect, but if they come up with another "Alone in the Dark"...no comment...
Old 01-05-2006, 07:28 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Supreme Commander

Dave the Insane is offline Send a message via ICQ to Dave the Insane Send a message via MSN to Dave the Insane

Still don't understand why it's a female lead instead of a male like the game.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:39 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Insane
because you saw that already. They are telling a side character's story to give you a new view of the same experience from a different angle? Something like that.

I never played the games though so I have no idea what to expect of any of it.
Yes...God is a sniper.:D - ZEN
Old 01-06-2006, 01:37 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
I cant download ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Insane
There was a female lead in SH 3.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:03 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Supreme Commander

Dave the Insane is offline Send a message via ICQ to Dave the Insane Send a message via MSN to Dave the Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianTV
There was a female lead in SH 3.
Yea i know, what i should have said the first game had a male lead and the movie seems to mostly follow the first games story.

I guess i should have specified that .
Old 01-06-2006, 02:34 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
I cant download ink

Wait! you think thats bad, look at this flick!

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/g...ite/rider.html
Old 01-14-2006, 02:26 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

I even saw the little flash site preview on my crappy 56K modem. Looked interesting, but that's like judging a book by it's cover.
I also saw Alone in the Dark. I had no idea for sure what was going on, and it sucked anyhow.
Resident Evil also seemed dumb to me. Especially with "The Hive". The second was more entertaining than the first, but seeing a guy jump off a helicoptor and shoot ten zombies in the head while falling was just ridiculously impossible.
Does anybody know if any of these game movies have a common director or writer or anything like that? Could be a same person putting out dumb game movies.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:39 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
The one and only!

Thee Goat Pig is offline Send a message via ICQ to Thee Goat Pig Send a message via AIM to Thee Goat Pig

There are two people making video game mopvies up the wazzoo. Paul Anderson who made the Mortal Kombat movies along with the Resident Evil movies and Alien Versus Predator. Uwe Boll is the other one who did House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark, Bloodreign(is that spelled right?), and contracted to do a few more over the next two years.
Yes...God is a sniper.:D - ZEN