Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2006, 11:09 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Ronin

Cool Movie Day! Nice.

Yesterday I decided to do a movie mini-marathon today and it was nice. I attended the noon-thirty showing of Underworld: Evolution and the 3:30 showing of The New World.

Hmmm, what can I say about Underworld2? It's a geekfest for geeks who love the myths of vampires and werewolves. It covers the history of these two mythic bloodlines from their very beginning. Very dark and very um, shiny in some places. Beckinsale is super hot in this one with some awesome full body side frontal goody viewing. Overall a good vamp flick. Consider it the second part of a trilogy.

The New World is a historical drama based on true events back in the early 1600s when a quasi military from England lands in the Carolinas. There is hardly any ficticious filler in this movie to make it unrealistic. This movie is pure realism on those historical times. At first I thought the movie was very bland but I realized that was how life was back then. Wonderful! There is a lot of environmental envelopment within the film. The locations used for the film accurately portray the desolation and beauty of the unknown land of the east coast back when settlers started rolling in. The focus of the film is Pocahontas, with support from John Smith and John Rolfe. The actress playing Pocahontas, Q'Orianka Kilcher, was beautiful in her portrayal of a native woman. I love watching historical dramas, and this was one of them that will be on my DVD to own list once the director's cut comes out. The editing of this film in some places was choppy and strange.

I had a nice movie day.

One thing that disturbs me is that there were a lot young kids below 14 years old watching Underworld, an R rated flick. There was what sounded like a 3 month old baby crying in the back of the theater during this film. What the fvck is wrong with parents these days? Don't they pay attention to ratings? This was an R movie with strong sexuality, violence, and gore. Like I've said before, parents these days need to get their heads out of their asses and raise their kids right. Get a babysitter bitches! I have never seen this kind of parenting up in Wisconsin. Must be the hispanic way of doing things around here.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Beware the buttcat

LactosetheIntolerant is offline Send a message via ICQ to LactosetheIntolerant Send a message via MSN to LactosetheIntolerant Send a message via Yahoo to LactosetheIntolerant

I finally watched Serenity last night. Damn good movie, I hope they plan on making more Firefly or movies at some point.

Good movie day for all!

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Old 01-21-2006, 11:50 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Does not like you.

DR.PUNCH IN THE FACE is offline Send a message via AIM to DR.PUNCH IN THE FACE

Serenity was so bad ass.
"this is a good death"

-Haiku by Deadpool
Old 01-22-2006, 02:17 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Universal Remonster

Yeah, I'm suprised by how much I liked Firefly and Serenity considering how much I hated everything else Joss Whedon has ever done.

I also plan on seeing The New World eventually, I've heard good things about it.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:37 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Rock N Rule

unkwon is offline Send a message via AIM to unkwon Send a message via MSN to unkwon Send a message via Yahoo to unkwon

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0NE W0LF

One thing that disturbs me is that there were a lot young kids below 14 years old watching Underworld, an R rated flick. There was what sounded like a 3 month old baby crying in the back of the theater during this film. What the fvck is wrong with parents these days? Don't they pay attention to ratings? This was an R movie with strong sexuality, violence, and gore. Like I've said before, parents these days need to get their heads out of their asses and raise their kids right. Get a babysitter bitches! I have never seen this kind of parenting up in Wisconsin. Must be the hispanic way of doing things around here.
You're not the only one with parents taking there kids anywhere my Brother has to handle all that crap when he goes to theaters in Austin.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:34 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
I cant download ink

Has anyone watched the Sci Fi TV show Firefly on which Serenity was based on?
Old 01-22-2006, 09:14 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Universal Remonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianTV
Has anyone watched the Sci Fi TV show Firefly on which Serenity was based on?
It was a show on Fox, then Fox screwed Joss Whedon over.

Yes, I have seen it.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:18 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
designer

Smithboy is offline Send a message via ICQ to Smithboy Send a message via AIM to Smithboy Send a message via MSN to Smithboy

I watched the first episode of Firefly just a few days ago, but I didn't like it at all. It seemed to be missing something throughout the show. Does it get better over the season?
Old 01-23-2006, 01:30 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Ronin

I just love it when my threads get hi jacked and become semi-popular on things I have no interest in.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:25 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Mrs. Entroper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithboy
I watched the first episode of Firefly just a few days ago, but I didn't like it at all. It seemed to be missing something throughout the show. Does it get better over the season?
I thought the first episode was good...
But yeah it gets much better as the season progresses. Too bad there's not more. It's definitely worth your time to check it out.
*bows down and chants "Hail Kinickie"*
Being a woman is a terribly difficult task since it consists principally in dealing with men. - Conrad
Flickr
Old 01-23-2006, 02:12 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
designer

Smithboy is offline Send a message via ICQ to Smithboy Send a message via AIM to Smithboy Send a message via MSN to Smithboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinickie1985
I thought the first episode was good...
But yeah it gets much better as the season progresses. Too bad there's not more. It's definitely worth your time to check it out.
I know I didn't feel much emotion in the episode. The music didn't help at all with the mood/atmosphere, though I'm not a big southern-music fan.