Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2001, 02:46 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

FPSfan is offline Send a message via AIM to FPSfan
I defeated 360,934,985,340,985,304,958 enemies for THAT ENDING?!  Ok I realize that most people are in this game for the game play and not the story line, like an RPG or something, but for crying out loud is that IT?!?!  I mean won't they even show what was in the space ship? Or where its going or anything?!?!!
Old 08-24-2001, 02:50 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

I guess that's for Serious Sam 2. Hell, the game IS subtitled "The First Encounter"
Old 08-24-2001, 07:23 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
or mr man..whatever

Distro Stu is offline Send a message via ICQ to Distro Stu
tra la la la la

half life in comparison hasd sucj a great ending......no wait....same thing there....oooh, what about qukae,,,,no, just as gay.,same with unreal......wait, all of thema rte tlike that!! W(Q~!~~
Old 08-24-2001, 09:23 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Fluffy Teletubby

For crying out loud, WHO PLAYS FPSes like Serious Sam for the plot?!?! FPSes have no plot, it's a known fact, excluding several exceptions like Soldier of Fortune or Eye of the Beholder.
Old 08-24-2001, 11:35 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Kinkie is offline Send a message via ICQ to Kinkie
Well , guess I was a wee bit dissapointed too.....
Maybe Croteam could put a nice in-engine-end-movie-sequence in their next patch/upgrade/mappack ??
Old 08-24-2001, 05:32 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  

Ive heard that there was supposed to be 5 SS games made?  Thats a bit much, so Im not going to beleive it until I see the ending of the 4th game (if there is one).  If there really will be 5 games, then WOOHOO!!!  If I play SS this much (I say the replay value of SS is 15 out of 10), then if all the other SS games are the same replay value, then I will never have to buy a new game again!
Old 08-24-2001, 07:02 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

I thought the ending was rather appropriate.
Sort of felt like "OK, my work is done here, I'm going home!"
And the comic relief in the ending complimented the comic relief that was scattered in the rest of the game.
Who really gives a flying f*** what was in the spaceship or where it was going? The whole point was to end the game not to show you a bunch of stuff that had nothing to do with the game.
It makes me look forward to SS2 even more to find out where the spaceship is destined.
Old 08-24-2001, 07:30 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  

lol, going home???  He has not even found mental yet!  
Old 08-24-2001, 07:37 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

AH!  Viper has pointed out lingering STORY LINE!  You actually have a hook for the next game. . . any other game have that?  I THINK NOT!
Old 08-24-2001, 10:17 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

FPSfan is offline Send a message via AIM to FPSfan
All I'm saying is they could have put some type of effort (reward) into the ending. Great game though. I loved every second. And I'll probably replay it.  Some recommendations for SS2 would be some new weapons which seemed to be alittle generic in The First Encounter. You know the Shredder in Turok 2? That was an original weapon that kicked A. I think a flame thrower would be great for eliminating mass enemies like Marsh Hoppers. The minigun was my favorite but I'm still wishing for a fully automatic shot gun or spreader beam.
Old 08-24-2001, 11:21 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  

There is no reward until the fat lady sings (The fat lady would be mental, and the singing would be his screams of pain after feeling the wrath of Sam's cannon)

(Edited by Viper45 at 10:21 pm on Aug. 24, 2001)
Old 08-24-2001, 11:54 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

yeah, i was a bit disappointed when I first beat SS, but then I realized that it was The First Encounter...

i think that by the end of the second encounter, we will be as sick of high-tech textures as I am now of egyptian themed ones
Old 08-25-2001, 06:13 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  

I actually liked the egyptian theme, it was a nice change from the average modern day/futuristic type game.  Now Im ready for futuristic when SS2 comes out
Old 08-25-2001, 06:46 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

BLEH!
Old 08-25-2001, 07:34 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Everyone here knows I love this game, but I do agree that the ending should have had more. It does end rather abruptly for a game with such action throughout the rest of the game. I agree with Kinkie. Just a small scripted scene at the end with a little story or something to help end it and at the same time make it so that it leaves the story hanging for the next game. Kind of a scripted cliff hanger sequence. Anyway, thing that would help. Too bad also, you can't chat and say good game or anything to any players after killing Ugh in a coop. It just ends too abruptly. Still, with the coop game play, SS is the best game going.

"Get out of here Stalker!... Get out of here Stalker!"
Old 08-26-2001, 12:18 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  

I refuse to indulge in an activity that has absolutely NO hope of ever coming to be. The ending is the ending, what's the big deal? Honestly I don't understand why you guys HAVE to judge the game against your individual wants, your ideas of what the game OUGHT to be. Sheesh can you guys just suspend your opinion for awhile and immerse youself in someone else's creation. You know go with the flow, man. I mean know personal disrespect but you guys are acting quite selfish.

When I play a game. I like to let the game dictate to me. I guess I'm just secure enough in myself, and in my abilities, that I cam allow myself to see through their eyes for a bit. I can allow myself to be immersed in someone else's creation without fear of losing myself. I can allow someone elses creation to sweep me up and take me away. If it does not end as I would like so be it. I respect their vision. Put your thoughts into action make a mod or join a mod team. Show the reast of us your vision. I would love to see anything any of you all do. It would be extra cool!

--Lupo
Old 08-26-2001, 01:12 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
343 Guilty Spark

Are we getting testy here? I think everyone should be entitled to their opinion also. We shouldn't all have to live under one person's opinion or ruling. Can't people have their own views and opinions? It is still a free country.

"Get out of here Stalker!... Get out of here Stalker!"
Old 08-27-2001, 11:34 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Serious Spleen is offline Send a message via ICQ to Serious Spleen
I thought the spectacle of Ugh-Zan climbing into the final arena and then pulling out his four guns was worth the lack of an ending.

Anyway, WTF is Mental? I didn't pay attention to the plot much...

And if the Sirians lived in Ancient Egypt and that's why Sam's there, then where the heck are all the Egyptians? Hiding in all those houses that you can't go into?
Old 08-27-2001, 12:27 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Must say that SS has the best end boss of just about any game I've played (Half-Life and Star Trek: Elite Force have the worse).  Can't say that any FPS I've played has had a good ending cut scene.  At least I watched the one in SS, in some games I just esc out of the game because they are so lame.