Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD > Serious Sam HD Workshop

Serious Sam HD Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam: HD projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #61   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Re: [PROJECT]Serious Sam HD: Extended - Open Beta Testing

I've been experimenting with a different kind of night than Bio's ("experimenting" means that it happened by accident), because I think the night on his level really obscures a lot, enemies are very hard to see. So what I managed to create is a dark night, where enemies seemingly shine a little so they are visible.
Not exactly realistic, but it's similar to the Great Pyramid, which also uses something similar to make enemies visible on the dark level.
The only problem is maybe the trees and the grass under them, which can't be fixed to fit the crumbs of the level. What do you think?

http://i.imgur.com/0X4Tv1ws.jpg http://i.imgur.com/EXRTfM8s.jpg http://i.imgur.com/40Axuiis.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cvywGMes.jpg http://i.imgur.com/FbmE7MTs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/XvbHU2Ts.jpg

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #62   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Well I personally think it looks nice. But if my track record is anything to go by, my opinions on lighting aren't always the best.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #63   Add To Ignore List  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
I've been experimenting with a different kind of night than Bio's ("experimenting" means that it happened by accident), because I think the night on his level really obscures a lot, enemies are very hard to see. So what I managed to create is a dark night, where enemies seemingly shine a little so they are visible.
Not exactly realistic, but it's similar to the Great Pyramid, which also uses something similar to make enemies visible on the dark level.
The only problem is maybe the trees and the grass under them, which can't be fixed to fit the crumbs of the level. What do you think?

http://i.imgur.com/0X4Tv1ws.jpg http://i.imgur.com/EXRTfM8s.jpg http://i.imgur.com/40Axuiis.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cvywGMes.jpg http://i.imgur.com/FbmE7MTs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/XvbHU2Ts.jpg
I think it looks good enough.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #64   Add To Ignore List  
Bio
Mechanoid

Yeah, I think it looks pretty nice and fits well with the map.
But I still think my version looks better.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #65   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Re: [PROJECT]Serious Sam HD: Extended - Open Beta Testing (Open Beta 2 is OUT!)

OPEN BETA 2 IS OUT! Grab it here! Re-download the Enemy Pack too!!!

WARNING! Delete the old OB1 and the BETA Enemy Pack gro files before installing!

Download the mod here: >>Part 1<< >>Part 2<< >>Part 3<< >>Part 4<< >>Part 5<< >>Part 6<<

Download the beta version of the Updated Enemy Pack >>Here<<.

(Attention! If you have old versions of the Enemy Pack, delete it. If you got it from the Workshop, unsubscribe. Otherwise it won't work.)

OPEN BETA 2 Changelog:

General

- Changed the Minigun's stats to the Classic one
- TextEffect introduces the bosses now
- A few new enemy types you'll meet
*Levels are still not finalized due to a bug in the SSHD editor. Due to this, some can be quite laggy.

Episode 1

- Some enemy spawn changes around a few levels.
*You'll notice them easily when you replay the episode.

Hatshepsut Temple

- Changed location of the Lore Tablet a little
- Added some spawns to explorable locations
- Removed those ugly blocks, there are now rocks
- Added 3 new secrets to find around the level
- Edited visibility
*No, you still can't enter the side temples. But I'd check out the valley temple...

Dry Valley

- Changed enemy and item spawns significantly to make the level much more easier
- Added some rock models to make the level more rocky

Temple of Ptah

- Lighting completely redone. Due to this, some rooms will look completely different.
- Save file corruption due to the previous lighting system fixed.
- Planet Puzzle Room redesigned to include less walking. It now includes more teleporting and more bloom. It might be laggy on some machines.
- Missing cutscene, boss and netricsa messages implemented.
- Removed some hanging vines in the last area, as they looked bad with the new lighting.
- Adjusted spawns across the level.

Clerical Wards

- Fixed Croteam bug about forgotten alpha triggers that caused a large number of enemies to not spawn.
- Adjusted a few battles and spawns.
- Possible minor fixes I can't remember.

Great Obelisk

- Completely changed the lighting
*Added blue crescent moon too!
- Fixed Croteam bug about forgotten alpha triggers that caused a large number of enemies to not spawn.
- Adjusted a few battles and spawns.
- Changed the Boss' projectiles to have AoE damage. Thus it is much harder now.

Episode 2

- Re-added the following levels: Karnak (now "Karnak: The First Pylons") and Sacred Yards (now "Karnak: Sacred Yards").
- Added a new level: KarnakLakeAndAlley (aka "Karnak: The Sacred Lake").
- Just like Moon Mountains, Sacred Yard is unskippable non-secret level when on Hard difficulty or above.

Alley of the Sphinxes

- Added 2 secrets.
- Fixed bug that caused every player to die when the Lava Golem spawned

Karnak: The First Pylons

- Original: "Karnak"
- Added pots and Episode 2 specific models
- Changed background models to fit the following levels
- Adjusted spawns to include new enemies
- Adjusted the final room to reflect the beginning of the next level "Karnak: Amon Complex".
- Created a custom barrier around the Ankh Pool to prevent enemies falling into it
*Custom barriers only work on enemies
*I have to redo the Netricsa images for this level

Karnak: Amon Complex

- Adjusted spawns
- Restructured the event when you get the Minigun
- Changed background models to fit the following levels
- Adjusted visibility of background models you can see in the last yard (regarding the rising obelisk)
- Changed the endlevel room to reflect Sacred Yards being a required level on Hard and above.

Karnak: Sacred Yards

- Original: "Sacred Yards"
- Added pots and Episode 2 specific models
- Changed background models to fit the previous level
- Adjusted spawns to include new enemies
- Fixed many floating models left there by Croteam
- Fixed the Geek Teleport secret that was only available in SS1 Classic. Also, it's now a registered secret that can be done without rocket jump.
- In one of the gold sphinx yards, where in Classic you encountered flipped gravity when switching some buttons, the "gravity" was somewhat reimplemented. Near the buttons, the gravity is much lower so you can jump higher to reach the buttons.

Karnak: The Sacred Lake

*Remade SS1 Alpha level. Originally started a year and a half ago, based on speculation.
*85% of the layout is based on speculation.
*5% of the layout was converted from the original alpha map, once the resource was available for me (about a room and a half).
*10% is completely new or changed layout, after realizing that the original alpha map is pretty awful.
*Its music is not complete yet, so it uses the music of Clerical Wards as a placeholder.

As always:

WHAT I'M ASKING YOU, THE TESTER

- Report me all the bugs you find.
- Tell me about your experience.
- Tell me how the new levels are.
- How the first episode feels like.
- How the second episode feels like so far.
- How the whole experience is like.
- Your suggestions and feedback to make this project much better.
- Have fun!

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.

Last edited by Solais; 02-15-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:56 AM   #66   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Re: [PROJECT]Serious Sam HD: Extended - Open Beta Testing (Open Beta 2 is OUT!)

For popular demand, here's a Full download for the SSHDX OP2 gro: <Link removed because Dropbox hates large traffic>

Last edited by Solais; 02-16-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #67   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

AverageJoe is offline Send a message via AIM to AverageJoe

This requires the DLC Legend of the Beast.

Mod rated: 0/10

STOP DOING THAT.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #68   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Well, duh. Of course it does. It's pretty much in the description of the original thread. Read it next time.

Old 02-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #69   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I'm getting reports that a specific enemy is currently crashing the mod in MP. I'm sorry about that (it kinda ruined the event today), will try to talk with Croteam about that, otherwise I might remove them in MP only.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #70   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

I don't like the SSHD DLC.
I don't have it.
I don't want it.

It's a stupid stupid idea to require that crappy dlc for a mod.
No dlc should ever be required for a mod. ever. It's incredibly unprofessional and lazy. I don't care if that resource gives you free hand jobs.
JUST DON'T DO THAT. EVER.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #71   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Actually, it was always a thing in most modding scenes back in the day that most mods were based on the latest patch of the latest expansion of the game. The latest expansion always gave more tools and resources for the modders to use. It is the professional way of doing it. (It's also why most mappers and modders moved on from TFE to TSE back in the time of SS1 too. TSE was an expansion the same, even if it was standalone.)

I don't care if you don't like the DLC, the mod still needs it because it not only uses a few resources from the DLC, but it uses the whole DLC, takes it and makes it better. As said in the original thread, one of the -main points- of this mod was to merge the DLC with the main campaign and make it better.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #72   Add To Ignore List  
Me? Serious? How?

Sheesh he almost sounds like me. Just less stuff about black textures and what-not.

I'll be downloading when I hit home, and I'll give it a shot. And run it on Low instead of Lowest.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #73   Add To Ignore List  
Andromeda

Seriously! Sam Master

Serious Sam HD kinda sucks, you can't even add the DLC content in the gro files, in Serious Sam Classic you could have any content. For exemple, you do'nt have SE_Gold (which is payable) and make a map with any content from it, you can add it in the gro and any player without SE_Gold can play it.

Procyon, alive... and still shining.
Check STM 1.08B for SSSE by Troy and Zeo.
French mapper and modder since 2010.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:38 PM   #74   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakanishu View Post
Serious Sam HD kinda sucks, you can't even add the DLC content in the gro files, in Serious Sam Classic you could have any content. For exemple, you do'nt have SE_Gold (which is payable) and make a map with any content from it, you can add it in the gro and any player without SE_Gold can play it.
But if you could put the DLC content somewhere you could make illegal copies of it because then you could copy the whole thing
Old 02-18-2014, 06:16 PM   #75   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Yeah, It's problematic that the DLC is still a separate thing. Then again, on sales the thing costs almost nothing, so no real reason to not own it.

Anywho, enough off topic, I'd like to read some proper feedback.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:33 PM   #76   Add To Ignore List  
Bio
Mechanoid

I think they should just merge the DLC into the maingame for both SS3 and SSHD. It just seems so pointless to have only 1 short DLC with 1 extra enemy type separate from the main game.

Edit: By merging, I don't mean adding the levels into the main campaigns like SS3 Extended did. What I meant is that they should add the DLC campaigns and assets into the game in a patch. If Croteam is that picky about merging the DLCs into the game, they could at least add the DLC assets into the game in a patch and leave the levels into the DLC itself, so that you would still need to buy the DLC if you want the levels but the DLC assets such as the reptiloid enemy and level architecture featured in the DLC levels are in the game so they could be used freely for mappers and modders without making people require a small DLC to play their content. Now if the DLCs were as big and large as actual expansions, then it would be okay to make people buy the DLC in order to play/use custom content.

Last edited by Bio; 02-19-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:12 AM   #77   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

100,000 * 5.99 = your reason why
Old 02-19-2014, 03:42 AM   #78   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I had some time now so I joined in as well. I've just finished Hatsepsut on Normal, and I couldn't find any bugs. I only have some small stuff to nitpick about, but if it releases like that, I won't lower my rating.

First things first, the columns in the 2 corners of the starting area have noticably uglier textures than all the other columns.
http://i.imgur.com/pjooAIR.jpg?1

The sand that gives you heat damage has very different texture from the rest of the sand, also the border where you start getting heat damage in many places is 1-2 meters before the visible border.
http://i.imgur.com/IXM6ctZ.jpg?2

I don't like how this looks, that's the ramp to the smaller temples next to the Hatsepsut temple.
http://i.imgur.com/ellHrOO.jpg?1

The roofs of the smaller temples look very bright when you look at them from bellow. Are they on full bright?
http://i.imgur.com/xtQywgY.jpg?2

The wall texture on the side temple can be aligned a little bit better than that, I think.
http://i.imgur.com/kDQ8pYk.jpg?1

I think I took this screenshot at the battle with the 3 kleers behind the second side temple. The rocks don't connect with the floor properly.
http://i.imgur.com/7l6TSjN.jpg?1

The roof of the second side temple casts an ugly shadow. BTW, this would be a good place to hide a secret item, IMO.
http://i.imgur.com/ir5wlE7.jpg?1

And finally this wall looks a bit brighter than it should be, I think it should have about the same tone as the shadow that it casts.
http://i.imgur.com/O56Xm3c.jpg?1

Tell me if the big screenies are a problem, I'll edit my posts with clickable thumbnails if needed.

Last edited by God Of Gaming; 02-19-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:01 AM   #79   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I'd personally like thumbnails, it would make the post cleaner.

Thanks for the report, though! There are a few things there that wasn't actually made by me, but Croteam, but I'll see about fixing them, if possible (I think the last one is not possible, since it is an official model I can't edit).

Old 02-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #80   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Ok, I made clickable downsized images. I have played SS Classic probably more than any other player in this forum, but I haven't played HD, 2 and 3 too much, I think not more than 3 or 4 times so far. So it's quite possible that I keep adding CroTeam mistakes to yours, but if you want it the mod to be perfect, you can try to fix them as well
Old 02-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #81   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Sure, do that and I'll try to fix them. I did fix quite a few Croteam bugs already, more couldn't hurt.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #82   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Emergency Patch for OB2 Is out!!!

Download:

>>Patch Part1<< >>Patch Part2<<

PATCH Changelog:

- Removed the Hunter Daemons and their entities from multiplayer temporarily till they are fixed by Croteam. They still appear in SP though.
- Fixed Save Corruption in Temple of Ptah for real now
- Changed the cutscene room at the end of Metropolis to fit to its Temple of Ptah counterpart
- Added missing ChapterInfos for KarnakLakeAndAlley
- Too bad patches like these can't remove things I have left in the original gro by accident

Old 02-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #83   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Yaaay
Old 02-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #84   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

There's a high possibility that MP crashing is still there, unfortunately. I guess we have to wait for CT to provide a fix.

Also I forgot a few things, so there's a quick EMERGENCY PATCH TWO: >>Patch 2<<

Changelog:

- Great Obelisk coop fix for second yard (hopefully)
- Alley of Sphinxes -should- load now

Last edited by Solais; 02-21-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #85   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

It seems that i have a issue with trying to load Alley of the Sphinixes.Well in a short way:Unable to load the level.I have the Enemy Pack i should be using and i have the DLC.I mean how else could i try to get to this level except using Dev Cheats.Well still i found some glitches i will be posting in the near future.There`s a lot of them in Dry Valley secret level area or something like that.I would appreciate if someone can help me fix the problem with Alley of the Sphinixes because im looking forward to play the rest of Act I i guess.Thanks in advance.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:04 PM   #86   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

The post above yours has the fix.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #87   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I'm a goddamn embarrassment, I put the missing model to the wrong folder, please redownload Patch 2 again. I'm really sorry. >.>

Old 02-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #88   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Still waiting for feedback! I'd really like to know what you all are thinking about the maps and the whole mod, so I would know what I have to fix or change or what are the things I did good.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #89   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

There are 2 bugs in this new version.

- When you pick up any backpack, the game crashes instantly

- When you want to load a saved game in the main menu, the game crashes instantly as well.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #90   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Post the log of a latest session.

All of that doesn't make sense, especially the one about the backpack because... well nothing can be changed about the backpack, so it shouldn't be a thing. And it doesn't happen for me or anyone else from what I can tell...

Also, are you sure you have Open Beta 2 and all the patches?