Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Showcases & Portfolios

Showcases & Portfolios The most awesome creations of our members can be seen here. Got some cool stuff? Show it off here and get feedback!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #121   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Re: Solais' Stuff

Tomorrow, the third map will be ready for action. Then, only the spiders remain, then Beta Release.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #122   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

So I have set the spider's rig and everything works, but blast it, it turns out that I don't know how to make multiple animations in blender so that when I export it, SED3 will recognize them as separate ones. Can any one give me a hint?

Edit:
Here's a cool render.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2989/spidero.jpg

Last edited by Mischievous; 07-24-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #123   Add To Ignore List  
Seasons Smashings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischievous View Post
So I have set the spider's rig and everything works, but blast it, it turns out that I don't know how to make multiple animations in blender so that when I export it, SED3 will recognize them as separate ones. Can any one give me a hint?

Edit:
Here's a cool render.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2989/spidero.jpg
awesome spider Mischevious! can't wait to check it out!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #124   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

That is a cool render alright. By the way, the third map is ready as well, only the spiders remain.

Just to list why it is a Beta Version:

- There are no cutscenes yet.
- Netricsa messages are in, but they don't have a picture yet.
- Interior areas are very badly designed, no props or detail, wrong lightning for some rooms, and quite empty.
- No Sam-liners.
- Some non-important doors are missing, other doors have a chance to malfunction.
- Some missing obstacles, like spikes.
- Some places, especially in the Hanging Waters area, it is possible to skip arenas without fighting enemies.
- Placeholder models at some places, though more less than originally planned.
- Difficulty and encounters that are only tested on easy, by me.
- Possibilities of crashes.

I'm also thinking about making an intro (like SS2) or an intro level (like original TSE) for the level as well. Too bad, the PhotoAlbum entity is broken, but I'll think of something to replace that. But this intro is not guaranteed at all.

What it has:

- Three long levels.
- About 15000 enemies on serious difficulty, about 7500 on any other difficulty besides serious.
- 2 Mega secrets to unlock help for the last level, and an only co-op Mega secret for an interesting encounter.
- Extra enemies and battles in co-op mode.
- Full support of the newest version of the New Enemy Variations pack that hasn't been even released yet.
- About 3-4 hours of gameplay.

Last edited by Solais; 07-24-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #125   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
- About 15000 enemies on serious difficulty, about 7500 on any other difficulty besides serious.
Sick.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #126   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

So you have doubled the count in Serious for every enemy spawner? I think it is unbalanced.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #127   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Not every spawner, that would be a thing, especially for artillery enemies, but most of them. And yes, it is unbalanced, read above.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:54 AM   #128   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Warmonger is offline Send a message via ICQ to Warmonger

Still, I think it'd be better just to add some spawners for coop ONLY to keep singleplayer balanced and not chaotic. You know, doubling Kamikaze or Harpies is not the same as doubling Bulls or Red Mechs. Especially in one and the same battle. Big enemies should dominate over others, and weak troops should die in hundreds.

Last edited by Warmonger; 07-25-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #129   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

We'll see when you test it. I already kinda moved some stuff to coop in the second level, like bulls in the cliff area, those are a bitch in that tight place and I thought it's just too harsh for a singleplayer game. For the first level, I'll lower the amount of red walkers at one area, I know they spawn too much (though it's manageable, but they spawn "outside" the battle). As for the battles on the third level, the great battle on the battlefield, it's okay to have double red mechs, you have infinitely respawning health, armor, ammo, serious speed and serious damage. But I haven't tested the Arena fight yet on Serious, I kinda want to avoid that part when 5 cannon walkers spawn, that 10 will spawn instead on serious. That would be an overkill. I'll also have to modify their behavior, as they really like to come just too close.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #130   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Separate your animations in different playback/rendering ranges for example walk goes from 0-40 frame range, run form 40-90, die from 90-200. After that use Sed3 exporter to exports animations in range set in Blender playback window. Only problem it will take some time to export 10 animations because it is not automatized and you must give every animation a name when exporting

Btw, nice rendering
Old 07-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #131   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

If someone is wondering how the maps are doing, they're pretty much in a state where it could be released, only the spiders are missing. During that wait, I started to detail some places so there'd be less work between the Beta and the Final versions.

Edit: Oh and a Note. I HATE THIS MOTHERF*CKING PIECE OF SH*T MAP EDITOR! THREEEEE HOUUURS OF WORK JUST WENT POOF BECAUSE IT LACKED 576 BYTES OF MEMORY! AAAAAAAGGH!

Last edited by Solais; 07-29-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #132   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Don't you save your work from time to time? :?
Old 07-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #133   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Yes I do, but not as often when I'm working on something deeply. Fortunately most of the time I can recreate the things I lost in 30 minutes, but still, it's enragening.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #134   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

On today's detailing session, I made something of a change to an area on the first level what was originally recommended back in my first thread, before the crash. I forgot who said it, but I never forgot what you've said. I also included some plus things in it, not shown in the pictures, but yoU'll have to find that yourself. Reminder: These maps rewards those who explore. There are no breakable walls.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2088/01dreadmountain0037.th.png http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6136/01dreadmountain0038.th.png http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4531/01dreadmountain0039.th.png http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1372/01dreadmountain0041.th.png
Old 07-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #135   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I was thinking about the final boss of the third level, and even if it shoots homing cannonballs, I think it's still not that really hard, especially in Coop. So I made a new enemy variation again, only appears during the final fight, only in Coop. It's a blue reptiloid.

Though, people can increase the difficulty of the final bossfight, if they don't kill all the coop-only mortar-demons around the arena before the final bossfight.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #136   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Hey I'm back. I guess I should have mentioned that we were gonna change internet providers this week, but I completely forgot, and it was only 1 minute after they cutoff the internet, that I remembered.
Any how, the spiders aren't going well. The rig works, but I have no idea how to make multiple animations in blender. So I'm going to research that now and hopefully get this thing wirking soon.
I did though, managed to import the hovercraft and it rules. I even made fast lights for it's engines, and a really cool liney effect.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #137   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

That's bad, I'd like to try it before my vacation starting at 20th . Especially since it looks already fnished :O
Didn't Kristo's tips help?
Old 07-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #138   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Hey I'm back. I guess I should have mentioned that we were gonna change internet providers this week, but I completely forgot, and it was only 1 minute after they cutoff the internet, that I remembered.
Any how, the spiders aren't going well. The rig works, but I have no idea how to make multiple animations in blender. So I'm going to research that now and hopefully get this thing wirking soon.
I did though, managed to import the hovercraft and it rules. I even made fast lights for it's engines, and a really cool liney effect.
Hey welcome back. Yeah the maps are mostly ready for a beta, I just now tested if the game records the stats properly between the levels. Yeah, try what Kristo said, that would be a solution to the animation problem. And don't worry Warmonger, it will be released before the 20th, most importantly because my vacation starts on the 15th.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #139   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Ah I didn't see what Kristo said. I will try that.
Thanks for the help K.

Last edited by Mischievous; 07-30-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:43 AM   #140   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Ok, so anyone knows how to play coop alone? I know there's a solution, though can't find it anywhere on this board. I want to test some co-op only stuff how it works. I mean, there still will be a co-op beta test with people, but it would be great if not then would I found out some crippling bugs that would ruin everyone's fun.

EDIT: Got it to working, and I did managed to discover some critical bugs in Co-op mode! Though all this console command thing is a mess, I set the InvulnerableAfterSpawn to 10, yet it doesn't work. I also recorded some video where you can see me dying over and over in a mode designed for multiple people.

It's my very first youtube video, and it will be only 480p, because I haven't got enough space to record it in better quality.

Last edited by Solais; 07-31-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #141   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Here is it!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:20 PM   #142   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Sick enough for my taste. Still, to repel this amount of opponents, you need some ammo

Bloodwing harpies are however too bitchy for singleplayer when in large amount.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:26 PM   #143   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

The ammo thing was one bug. When it actually respawned me some distance away, with replenished ammo (and I typed something like "it finally works"), that what was always supposed to happen in Co-op.

Bloodwing Harpies only appear in like three places in Singleplayer, non-Serious difficulty. They are bitchy alright.

The bloom should be really toned down now I think about it.

Last edited by Solais; 07-31-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:21 PM   #144   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Very nice I like how areas are huge with lots of place avoid projectiles. I hope it will not be that hard on normal
Old 07-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #145   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

The areas are also littered with ammo, health and armor just a little out of the way, what people will only notice by accident, or if they look for it.
Also, it should be manageable on Normal, it is manageable on Easy without much trying.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #146   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Man animating the spider turns out to be more tricky that I thought. Going well though,I managed to make really cool "Standing motionless in await of prey" and "Frozen in an ice cube" animations.

Cool vid btw, but remember that even in coop, no one likes to die every 5 seconds. That's not hard, that's just boring

Last edited by Mischievous; 07-31-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #147   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Haha yeah, but I assume that it's a lot different playing with more people. I think even two players can make some difference, because the enemies split up. (I also couldn't set the respawn invincibility with the console for some reason.)
Old 08-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #148   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Enemies won't split. Chances are that if you die so much, every one will, because while you are dead and re-spawn the other one dies.

Also I finished a walk animation that actually somehow looks cool.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #149   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Well, while testing that map yesterday, and the other one today, immediately after that I nerfed specific areas that were impossible. Like switching off the "Double in Serious" switch and things like that.

By the way second video.

FRAPS hates this level. Also in this video, the co-op addition is the hordes of harpies. This is one example of needing another person at least, because Single player mode lacks them and I can concentrate on the growing numbers of the ground army and prevent the thing what happened here.

Last edited by Solais; 08-01-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #150   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Good god, they never end.

Still, I'd choose another weapon against these masses