Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > General > Off Topic Forum

Off Topic Forum Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2018, 01:28 AM   #91   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Default Re: Old Timer has passed

Thanks Alien Slayer.
I hope you are doing well, and your family.

LD
Wow, I didnt know all of that about you!
How did you ever survive w/o pain pills (I also hate taking them, they make me very angry, and I am not an angry person, but if I dont, I cant do anything but try to lay still in bed and try to stop crying all day, sigh)?
I am also on nerve blockers. I am wondering if those could be making my body worse too, but every time I try to stop taking them, the pain comes flooding in more than what I already deal with daily.
I also have times where my WHOLE left side just goes out on me and I cant move it, or my right arm. I also get shaking bad in my head/neck and arm/chest, and my whole mid area where the surgeies were.
I used to think there was not any real thing like pain before, because a broken wrist, or femur, or hand, or being hit on the head with a steel I-Beam from 10 feet above me and going blind in 1 eye because of, and all sorts of other stuff, didnt not really hurt much at all.
But now, since my nerves got messed up, I hurt everywhere, all the time. This is real pain, not a broken bone pain.

How do you get through the days now, w/o even taking Tylenol?

I hope you are doing ok. It sounds like you are not having a good go of it.
PM me if you want, or message me on steam when I am on, we can talk.

My prayers and heartfelt feelings go out to both of you.
I pray God will help us all, as we struggle just to live life the way others cant even dream of.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:38 PM   #92   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Thanks. Some days are worse than others. Just have to grit my teeth and bear it. It used to be much worse where I couldn't walk more than 100ft without being, literally, paralyzed by the pain. Nothing quite like going for a walk and calling for a ride while collapsed on a street corner.

Now days I can do all kinds of things, even play basketball. I regret it later but I appreciate being able to move. I work in the construction industry and I believe that as long as I stay moving things get slowly better, despite the pain. Use it or lose it.

There are some days, of course, when life doesn't have much meaning. If I wasn't married to an amazing woman and I didn't have a strong faith.. I would have ended it a long time ago.

I think that these posts need to be moved to Luxor..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2018, 07:14 PM   #93   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Yeah, I know how that goes.
I barely go to the store anymore witn my (also Amazing) wife, because I can only get like maybe5or 6 aisles, and then I have to go back to the car.
But, although not very nice, it is 'good?' to know I am not alone with my pain, and that others have not only been there, but have come out the other side and have a life. Its encouraging to me, because I just seem to be getting worse and worse, instead of better, and it is starting to get bleak, no matter how much I try to keep a stiff upper lip, as the saying goes.

Last edited by Dave3d; 01-16-2018 at 02:02 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:57 AM   #94   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Don't give up. It ain't over till the fat lady sings. Besides.. you are already in pain. Why not take some control over how and why? Push yourself to do something that will get your body mobile, especially things that expand your range of motion. And remember... a fighting spirit can overcome many difficulties.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:22 AM   #95   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Yeah.
I am going in to have my shoulders checked.
One has at least 1 terrible spur in it, if not more, that has slowly been pushing the shoulder out of its socket. And I have lost feeling and stuff in the arm and hand, plus the clots in it, so thinking if I can get it fixed, I may be able to start working out again a little, and maybe get in better shape.
But, both shoulders are like this now, and the pain seems to coming from the neck, notthe shoulders.
Its a starting point anyway.
Maybe once I can start using either upper OR lower body, without getting hurt after 2 seconds, I can start building muscle to get start getting healthy again.
Except I got a call from my Dr.'s office, and they said the are going to try to 'wean me off' the painkillers. The painkillers that are THE only reason I can get out of bed 90% of the time, sigh.
Utah is a worthless state, and should not be allowed to be a state. The politicians are saying how many meds the people can have, instead of the Dr.'s. Because ALL pain is the same right? Right?
Lol.

Anyway, SO tired, going to sleep.
Have a good night.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:44 AM   #96   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Lived in Utah for 14 years. Not saying that it's related but my release from some of the worst of the pain coincided with stepping off the plane when I moved across the country.

Weaning off the pain medicine is a good thing. One thing you need to overcome is the fear of the pain. That fear perpetuates the pain more than the physical pain itself. New brain science has proven this in the last year. Another thing you should start doing is visualizing in your head moving various body parts normally and it will help with the tension and enhance the healing process.

It may sound crazy but it isn't. I will have to find a link to it for you later.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:35 PM   #97   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Like I said, I have had every kind of pain you can imagine, except being shot.
EVERY kind.
Never really bothered me, got through it all.
But, this nerve pain, or maybe its the spinal cord, is the worst. Except for maybe a really terrible migraine. They are about equal.
Trust me, I have overcome SO much, but this nerve/spinal cord pain has just crippled me.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:50 AM   #98   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

I had spinal damage in three places. It is the worst.