Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2003, 02:15 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Angry The Easiest way of taking out both Mordekai and Exo - Larva!

Well I took liberties this time again after I replayed the Exo-Larva part at the end of Tower of Babel. I discovered a very easy and a non-violent way to kill the Larva.

1] Take out the 4 Generators, from the doorway itself without entering the room and without triggering the cut scene that brings the Larva out of it's chamber.

2] Then grab the ammo and ammo bag available and step in.

3] Immediately rush to anyone side on the left or right of the doorway and duck behind anyone of the corner pillers. The Larva at this point hasnt had an oppurtunity to see you.

4] It will find You soon but the key is to stay hidden and blocked by the same piller and not step out.

5] The ugly exploding leeches that the larva spawns are programmed to track the player's movements. The first 5-6 leeches will get You but You shouldnt panic and move too much from where You stand. After a point those idiotic brainless creatures will stop bothering You.

6] You can now take down the whole idiotic Larva from behind the piller without stepping out with the 2 colt pistols if You so want. At some point You will probably get bored with the one man show and might be tempted to use Your other weapons for a change. [You might as well since You will anyway lose them in the teleporter after You exit the level after killing the Larva!]

Even Mordekai is a sitting duck once You have ducked behind either sides of the church. You can just kill him with colts if You dont step out in full view for him to see You. The Hide and hit guerilla tactics have rendered both Mordekai and the Exo - Larva redundant as threats and a joke of a character. In this respect Ugh Zhan was the best of the lot as he really was a difficult bastich to fool. If You tried ducking on either sides of the yard outside from where Ugh Zhan breaks free [The one with the never ending werebulls and bio-mechs], He follows You all the way alomost everywhere except behind the Great Pyramid! Also he never lets You stay hidden behind the pyramid for too much time as that enables him to take position just outside pyramid entrance. Entering the pyramid in this case is impossible as the only way up to the entrance goes from under Ugh Zhan's mighty foot!

The SS AI needs to be really stronger here in the future, as any number of creatures [except the kleers and the werebulls] can be taken out by staying out of sight! For example if You are climbing up some stairs and You know that there will be trouble on the top side then pause halfway at the last two steps, without stepping up totally, just enough for You to see where Your enemies are. Now they are sitting ducks for Your snipers or other guns. It works in the in places like the Valley of the Jaguars, the starting point of the Valley of the Kings very well for example!

Old 05-07-2003, 02:29 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
:]]llll(696)llll[[:

cyborgguineapig is offline Send a message via AIM to cyborgguineapig

Hm, sorry to say this but the truth is...you are a weak player. Only the weak gamer has to exploit in order to win. YOu gotta be all badass and do it the hard way. It was obviously not the point of Croteam to make it so you didn't have to fight the Larva. Plus 5 years down the road, your overall (FPS) skills will greatly increase by playing games through the hard way. I'll honestly admit that some points in SS I used a steep mountain, stairs, ext.. to make killing off the massive swarms of enemies easier but most of the time I went into the heat of battle never avoiding conflict and I can say truthfully that my overall game skill has increased.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:12 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by cyborgguineapig
Hm, sorry to say this but the truth is...you are a weak player. Only the weak gamer has to exploit in order to win. YOu gotta be all badass and do it the hard way. It was obviously not the point of Croteam to make it so you didn't have to fight the Larva. Plus 5 years down the road, your overall (FPS) skills will greatly increase by playing games through the hard way. I'll honestly admit that some points in SS I used a steep mountain, stairs, ext.. to make killing off the massive swarms of enemies easier but most of the time I went into the heat of battle never avoiding conflict and I can say truthfully that my overall game skill has increased.
I have played Serious Sam: The Second Encounter in Serious and Mental modes at least a half a dozen times. My tendency is to save up all the big better battles and replay them again and again later. The first time I played the game in Serious and Mental modes, I played it the regular hard way. The remaining times I play to see how many different strategies and variations can be employed and how things can be done differently. The first time I faced the Exo-Larva, it took me 4-5 hours of dying and replaying before I decimated it. The first time I played the final yard of Courtyards of Gilgenmish and the Road through the Mountains in the Land of the Damned, it took me at least a whole day to scrap past by the inch of my skin with barely enough health left to be able to breathe in realistic terms. The first time I faced Mordekai, It took me nearly 2 and half days to finish him after dying and dying and dying again and again with increasing desparation at every attempt.

The whole point of replaying it again and again is to do it differently than last time and in the process find out the chinks and the problems in the gameplay that Croteam can rectify in the future games.! I am afraid You have misunderstood my post to this extent! After playing any game, it is always fun to know that there are 10 different ways of killing Your enemy from the position where you stand and it is more fun thinking up those methods and executing them. This is what a replay value of any game is all about!
Old 05-07-2003, 03:15 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

The reports that I make here on this forum are what I discover after trying different methods of replaying the same thing!
Old 05-07-2003, 06:28 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
:]]llll(696)llll[[:

cyborgguineapig is offline Send a message via AIM to cyborgguineapig

Ah, okay. In that case you are better than me anyway at SS
Old 05-07-2003, 08:46 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

But those are good tips.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:07 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Game like Hames

Blues Cowboy is offline Send a message via ICQ to Blues Cowboy

Not weak, just resourceful. Its a new way of playing the game...exploiting the AI takes as much skill as playing against it.

R.I.P. Fiendan's Baby. You've gone to a better place now...
Old 05-07-2003, 12:47 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Exotech Larva

Quote:
Originally posted by Blues Cowboy
Not weak, just resourceful. Its a new way of playing the game...exploiting the AI takes as much skill as playing against it.
Cleverness maybe, but not skill, I can vouch for that considering that I'm playing lamely in SSFE to beat the game with 500% enemy strengh. I've discovered a lot of lame tactics for the walkthrough.
I am the postmonkey!

I AM THE ÜBER-MONKEY!!!
Old 05-07-2003, 12:59 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Fiendian is offline Send a message via ICQ to Fiendian Send a message via MSN to Fiendian

Mordekai tip: Hide behind a column and shot at him without he sees you

Windgod tip: Try to run to a tornado and let it crush you INTO a wall and there you can shoot at the Windgod and the enemies
Old 05-07-2003, 03:52 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Diggin' it!

Hkan is offline Send a message via MSN to Hkan

Cowards, thee should be ashamed of theeselves
you should not hide, but be in the centre of the action... like me, thats the reason why i die and suck so much @ serious sam
Old 05-07-2003, 05:35 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Exotech Larva

That's what we usually do.
I am the postmonkey!

I AM THE ÜBER-MONKEY!!!
Old 05-08-2003, 07:41 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Why not hide? Always good to have easiest ways of defeating the levels.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:14 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Exotech Larva

Maybe, but where's the fun then?
I am the postmonkey!

I AM THE ÜBER-MONKEY!!!
Old 05-08-2003, 11:28 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Game like Hames

Blues Cowboy is offline Send a message via ICQ to Blues Cowboy

Hiding is boring and cowardly (though tactically sound). If you want to hide, buy Splinter Cell or the Sublime MGS2.

But rocket jumping...now we're talking... There's nothing more fun than rocket jumping oin the final arena in metropolis and murdering the poor defenseless kamikazis and kleers with colts and chain reactions !!!

R.I.P. Fiendan's Baby. You've gone to a better place now...
Old 05-09-2003, 02:32 AM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Quote:
Hiding is boring and cowardly (though tactically sound). If you want to hide, buy Splinter Cell or the Sublime MGS2.

But rocket jumping...now we're talking... There's nothing more fun than rocket jumping oin the final arena in metropolis and murdering the poor defenseless kamikazis and kleers with colts and chain reactions !!!
Aye Aye. I second that motion too. And dont forget the Harpies too. Use both Your colts to maim the harpies flight and make them fall in the central Pit [You should be able to get 60 % of them with their wings clipped]. Then jump down and let loose the rockets. HeheHe...it's a sadist's world alright!

Old 05-09-2003, 04:36 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Death incarnated!

Quote:

Man! I can't Rocket Jump even if my life depended on it, the only time I really rocket jumped was during the Quake 3: Arena Days.

EDIT: BTW, nice tips, befafle the AI, man that is odd, but Im more of the sway-run-shoot kinda guy, but hiding would be fun.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:44 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Hey ladies

Glowing Red Stove Top

Quote:
Originally posted by Variable
Maybe, but where's the fun then?
Spying.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:56 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Exotech Larva

No point: I already know these things like the ears of my pants, so...
I am the postmonkey!

I AM THE ÜBER-MONKEY!!!