Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 2

Serious Sam 2 Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam 2, the official sequel to SS:FE and SS:SE.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2005, 04:37 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Default Time Limit on Some Levels?

There seems to be a time limit on some levels, such as the beginning of the prison level. After clearing out the enemies I began to approach the blue force field blocking the ramp. I stopped far enough away so as not to spawn more enemies so I could go do something and then come back. The level ended on it's own while I was away from the computer. So I proceed towards the force field the next time, more enemies appear, they die, I go up ramp, more enemies, they start dying. As I'm shooting these guys, the level just ends again.

This is very annoying as you don't have much time to explore. This also happened in the area where you lower the bridge. I cleared out some enemies from the start of the village and was going to explore a little, and the level ended right there. Turns out there were many more enemies that I never got to fight (3 huge spiders and such). It's like the game is rushing you.

Edit: The level worked the way it should by restarting. Much more enemies this time.

Croteam was pretty bold (and way off the mark) to have Sam say "There will be no bugs in this game!" Obviously, the bugs are plentiful.

The first part of the prison level is still ending right in the middle of a fight on the ramp.

Last edited by nchw68; 11-06-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:59 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

a Rabid Kleer is offline Send a message via AIM to a Rabid Kleer

Does it end, like it loads the next level or re-loads the level again, or is it more of a crash kind of thing?
Our voices ring out clear with sounds of freedom.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:05 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

It ends and goes to the next level as if it's supposed to do that.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:40 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Razardous

The Serious Spoon is offline Send a message via ICQ to The Serious Spoon

:/

That's strange.. I suggest you post your Sam2.log file here.

"And yet be reminded by the Gods that though cooperation is a friendly pursuit, friendly fire is righteous in its purging of the vile and corrupt. Let ye not be deserving of its wrath for the hoarding of power-ups."
Old 11-10-2005, 08:16 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

I just continued on with the game and have finished it.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:44 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

i had the same problem, the level that is in demo 2.

I go into the villiage, if i rush to the castle i meet up with the 2 giant spider, i kill those, and then i run to the castle and when i enter it the next level loads.

BUT if i hang back and start killing everything, after a while the next level will load, and i have not even killed the 2 giant spiders or the 50 ememys that are over there, it's quite odd. I like to finish levels on my own time.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:31 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Razardous

The Serious Spoon is offline Send a message via ICQ to The Serious Spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoot
I go into the villiage, if i rush to the castle i meet up with the 2 giant spider, i kill those, and then i run to the castle and when i enter it the next level loads.
But that hasn't got anything to do with the time. It simply load the next level when you enter that castle.

"And yet be reminded by the Gods that though cooperation is a friendly pursuit, friendly fire is righteous in its purging of the vile and corrupt. Let ye not be deserving of its wrath for the hoarding of power-ups."
Old 11-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
( . Y . )

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Serious Spoon
But that hasn't got anything to do with the time. It simply load the next level when you enter that castle.
that is true
however, if i don't rush into the castle (i also have the same problem with Greendale), the level will still end before i get to kill all the enemys. i've had that level end mid-shooting while i was no where near the castle. it is somewhat annoying
Old 11-11-2005, 02:41 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

I had similar "bugs" on the Cecil level and on the Prison planet, although I did not think of it as a timing issue.

In the Cecil level, I progressed to the next level when I picked up what I think was a "repair" power-up even though I had not beaten the dragon.

On the prison level, I progressed to the next level even though I had not gone through the tunnel under the mountain. I did this by back-tracking to a hanger that I had not investigated earlier. The next level started when I killed the enemy in the by-passed hanger.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:59 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydee
that is true
however, if i don't rush into the castle (i also have the same problem with Greendale), the level will still end before i get to kill all the enemys. i've had that level end mid-shooting while i was no where near the castle. it is somewhat annoying
That happened to me too on that level. I was no where close to the castle and it just ended, going to the next level. It seems to do this if you tool around long enough. Will be hard to find all the secrets with the game forcing you to continue on.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:55 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Sacred Oaf is offline Send a message via MSN to Sacred Oaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchw68
There seems to be a time limit on some levels, such as the beginning of the prison level. After clearing out the enemies I began to approach the blue force field blocking the ramp. I stopped far enough away so as not to spawn more enemies so I could go do something and then come back. The level ended on it's own while I was away from the computer.
Yep. Had the same problem on that level... Plus, the first prison, you go in but the prisoners just stay in there instead of running out like the other cells. And one of the cells I wasn't able to find how to open it.

Another thing I disliked in the 2nd prison level where there's those rows of stacked containers .. one of them has a sniper rifle with bullets but you need to stack 2 crates to get to it. But I had only one left... all the others got blown up in the heat of the battle.

Croteam I ask you this....

Why didn't you make indestructible crates in the game to provide for this kind of situation?... Why do ALL crates have to be destructible? It's just so silly

Then you try to go further in the level to find the extra crate you need but then a barrier closes behind you and you can't go back. That's another thing I disliked about this game... Not being able to backtrack to get precious ammo, health or armor you left behind because you didn't need it back then.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:11 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred Oaf
Why didn't you make indestructible crates in the game to provide for this kind of situation?... Why do ALL crates have to be destructible? It's just so silly
Because as we learned in the Second Encounter, Sam hates crates! Actually I don't know why either.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:14 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Poops!

Pooper is offline Send a message via AIM to Pooper

use shotgun...crates just spin around
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. - Plato
For when my days have come to an end, you shall be king. - King Terenas Menethil II
Old 11-13-2005, 11:13 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
XIInator

I don't think the levels should end after you kill off the enemies (or time). It should only end when you walk through the last door or area. This way you have time to explore and whatnot. I've had a few levels where I didn't even GET to where I was headed, and it loaded the next level. I was like uh....I wanted to explore?!!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:16 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Yeah, if this behavior is by design then it needs to be "addressed" with a patch. I find it kinda hard to believe that Croteam would want to rush you along like that. I mean it's not like we're screwin' around because we can't find the exit, wishing somehow the game will just move on. We don't want that.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:39 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchw68
There seems to be a time limit on some levels, such as the beginning of the prison level. After clearing out the enemies I began to approach the blue force field blocking the ramp. I stopped far enough away so as not to spawn more enemies so I could go do something and then come back. The level ended on it's own while I was away from the computer. So I proceed towards the force field the next time, more enemies appear, they die, I go up ramp, more enemies, they start dying. As I'm shooting these guys, the level just ends again.

This is very annoying as you don't have much time to explore. This also happened in the area where you lower the bridge. I cleared out some enemies from the start of the village and was going to explore a little, and the level ended right there. Turns out there were many more enemies that I never got to fight (3 huge spiders and such). It's like the game is rushing you.

Edit: The level worked the way it should by restarting. Much more enemies this time.

Croteam was pretty bold (and way off the mark) to have Sam say "There will be no bugs in this game!" Obviously, the bugs are plentiful.

The first part of the prison level is still ending right in the middle of a fight on the ramp.
I got the same problem in SP and Co-op
And in the area where you lower the bridge, i can see the end, a big door, but you never got there, the map just end, and start loading the next map.
I like to explore the maps, but you can't it just go to next map

Last edited by Psykomanius; 11-15-2005 at 03:42 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:58 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Quote:
Hm, but doesn't he say 'This game is full of bugs' (or similar) when nectricsa shows him 'Zum-Zum' ("It's a bug!") ???

Where does Sam say "There will be no bugs in this game!"??
Old 11-15-2005, 04:11 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousbird
Hm, but doesn't he say 'This game is full of bugs' (or similar) when nectricsa shows him 'Zum-Zum' ("It's a bug!") ???

Where does Sam say "There will be no bugs in this game!"??
After the battle with Zum Zum.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:15 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Serious Spoon

please read my full post and not the first line next time please.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:37 PM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Are you guys all being rushed out of the levels on Normal + difficulties? I thought I was being ushered along because I was playing with a bonnet and pacifier (I like to stroll leisurely through levels a few times to sight-see.) I could see where this might be desirable for *absolute* beginners, but it is kinda lame to not be able to go back for pick-ups and/or have time to investigate.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:33 PM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

It was happening on Serious Difficulty for me.