Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 2

Serious Sam 2 Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam 2, the official sequel to SS:FE and SS:SE.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2005, 11:56 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Angry Stuck w/Bug on Forsaken Compound Level

I made it to Level 2-2 Forsaken Compound. I searched and battled my way from the start of the level to the doors of the compound itself finding the secret Serious Bomb, Secret Armor, and Secret Crocodile Horn #2. But when I got to the doors of the compound I got a message saying the doors are locked and they would not open. Worse yet is that there are about 5 or 6 Rocket Packs for the Rocket Launcher, but nowhere in this first part of this level is there a launcher to be picked up. I thought that odd!! I also thought I was missing something that I needed to pick up like the door key on the level before this one. But about 5 hours of searching found me a big fat NOTHING!!! So I went online, here, to informit.com (only $13.99 + .70 tx and free 6-8 business day shipping if you register with them... worth the 3 minutes to register) to order Serious Sam II Official Strategy Guide using overnight delivery which costed about $8 more, (I'm getting desperate at this point). Next day, when it arrived, I read the chapter for where I am stuck and it says that there is a rocket launcher floating to the East, (right) of the start point at the end of the metal walkway. (That expains all the rockets down the path alright!!!) But lo and behold, no matter how many times I restart the level and even the game the is NO rocket launcher there. And so I am missing out on the hords of baddies spawned when you grab the launcher and trigger them. According to the book I have not missed anything else and the doors should open when I approach them. I am assuming it won't open cuz I still haven't killed all the spawned baddies that shoulld be triggered when I grab the launcher that is STILL NOT THERE!!!! Is there a fix for this???? I already have the 2.064b patch but what I don't have is my Rocket Launcher and a way through those doors. I suppose I could always cheat and "ghost" through or "fly" over that door, but what the hell fun is the game if I am reduced to cheating my way through and not completing it utilizing my very own long hewn skills!?!?!?!?
Could someone PLEASE :helpme: tell me how to fix the game so that the rocket launcher appears where it should be and those doors will open? Apparantly, most of yas finished or are almost finnished with Sam II and didn't have this problem!

WHERE'S MY DOG DANGED
{Superlative Deleted} ROCKET LAUNCHER AND HOW DO I GET THOSE LOCKED DOORS OPEN??? LMAO

Last edited by RiValsPlace; 10-29-2005 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:10 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

http://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?t=44950
try reloading the level, or kill yourself than respawn
Old 10-29-2005, 12:20 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarcraftGuy821
try reloading the level, or kill yourself than respawn
I've tried that already LOL

And thanks for the link... I'll see if that applies but I've already looked in that area and could find no levers for the lock like in the previous level.... But I'll look again.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:41 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

There are no switches or missing peices in the 2nd swamp level, keep reloading, or killing yourself and reviving until the rocket launcher spawns
Old 10-29-2005, 01:22 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Default Suicide to Pheonix WOOOHOOO!!!

Sadly it takes a bout of suicidal tendacies to remidy the situation but like the Pheonix we rise outta the fires to Frag the Friggers once again! LMAO

Thanks ever so much WarcraftGuy821 This brings back memories of when I ran my own Unreal server and often we'd get newbies that would get stuck outside a fence or something of the like. We would tell them the only way back in is to suicide... they never wanted to believe us. I should have remembered the old suicide to Pheonix thing!

Old 10-29-2005, 01:47 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Yup, when in trouble always kill yourself.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:31 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Thumbs up Yippee!!!!

BTW... I just shut the game off for the night and I've gotta tell yas that I persisted in reloading my end save from the yard before this one, played out the whole tank busting the door thing, and on about the 7th or 8th reload I finally got one where the Rocket Launcher was there!!! Point being that I will now be able to play out this map without loss of life and a chance for time bonus and ultimately maximum bonus.... WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! LMAO

OK! 3:40 AM... Eyes are heavy! Thanks everyone for the help

Last edited by RiValsPlace; 10-29-2005 at 03:38 AM.