Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Default Need help

Hi all

I love this game , especial coop, but in single player mode, its to easy for me, and mostly if the game have fixed enemy number i try to kill all of them, i'm in Moon Mountains, and somehow i cant kill all enemy , don't find it where i was skip some.
I was save all spot where door or way closed or where i cant go back. so i can write how much enemy i was kill, so here it is.
1 mountain end=22 enemy
2 mountain end=08 enemy "30 enemy"
3 mountain end=07 enemy "37 enemy"
4 mountain end=12 enemy "49 enemy"
5 mountain end=31 enemy "80 enemy" you can jump here to the secret waterfall area
6 mountain end=27 enemy "107 enemy"
Waterfall, you can jump to this area in 5 and 6 mountains , in end=46 enemy "153 enemy"
Top + Low cliff in other waterfall end with dark secret=35 enemy "188 enemy"
In water= 22 enemy "210 enemy"
And last level end= 21 enemy "231 enemy"
And i wasn't kill 16 enemy
Ah i forgot, i play in normal difficult.

I hope some1 try to help me.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Default Re: Need help

I counted all the enemies in TFE HD almost two years ago, sadly the threads were lost in a server crash.

I remember a few levels where it was impossible to kill all the enemies... I think Moon Mountains was one of them.

I did all the counting on Serious difficulty for most levels, so I can't say for sure Moon Mountains has any bugs on other difficulties...

I don't really have the time to do this anymore, so all I can say is try doing a few more runs and see if the enemy counts are the same. If they aren't, check where there are differences in the counts. If they are the same, there's a good chance that the level has some problems and the enemies can't all spawn.

Either way, good luck!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Oh man Vasile, I remember those threads. Ah, good times...

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 12-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_Vasile View Post
I counted all the enemies in TFE HD almost two years ago, sadly the threads were lost in a server crash.

I remember a few levels where it was impossible to kill all the enemies... I think Moon Mountains was one of them.

I did all the counting on Serious difficulty for most levels, so I can't say for sure Moon Mountains has any bugs on other difficulties...

I don't really have the time to do this anymore, so all I can say is try doing a few more runs and see if the enemy counts are the same. If they aren't, check where there are differences in the counts. If they are the same, there's a good chance that the level has some problems and the enemies can't all spawn.

Either way, good luck!
i see ok i try it again, but this level a little bit hard , and can you remember which other level was bugged for 100% sure?
Old 12-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

I check it if it have bug or not and look what i find.

First try, and i cant believe it the fixed number of enemy its increased to 310 lol
and in end it missing 16 enemy
1 mountain end=26 enemy
2 mountain end=11 enemy "37 enemy"
3 mountain end=08 enemy "45 enemy"
4 mountain end=17 enemy "62 enemy"
5 mountain end=33 enemy "95 enemy" you can jump here to the secret waterfall area
6 mountain end=32 enemy "127 enemy"

second and third try same number enemy "247", and same enemy missing 16
and before some1 say maybe i choice other difficult , i was load Valley of the kings end saves, this is a bit weird, anyway i was check hard and serious difficult and none was have 310 enemy, Hard have 278 and Serious have 397.

So probable this level have bugs

Anyway thx for helping.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I think in Moon Mountains, 16 marshhoppers are missing because they spawn in the wall. There are also some missing enemies later, it would be great if someone documented all of these in SSHD, on all difficulties and also in coop.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Untitled

As far as I know, Moon Mountains, Metropolis*, Karnak on Serious*, Luxor**, City of the Gods*, Elephant Atrium*, Tower of Babel and the Citadel have bugged enemy spawns.

*Actually in the Metropolis, there ain't no bugged spawns. You just have to move back and forth between some touch fields/detectors in the village with the scarabs to enable/disable/reenable some monsters.
As for Karnak, I think a Reptiloid doesn't spawn on a tower somewhere in the Sphinx-that-vomitbreath-sand area, and in City of the Gods some enemies in the lava river area get deactivated if you kill "wave 1"/some Cucurbitos/whatever before hopping on the rock platform to the other island.
For the Elephant Atrium, If I remember correctly, there's a demon that won't spawn on top of the final structure with the exit

**Well, I know Stickly Man knows how to get all kills in Luxor.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

just wondering, only the first game bugged? or the second 1 also have?
Old 12-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomage View Post
i see ok i try it again, but this level a little bit hard , and can you remember which other level was bugged for 100% sure?
I only know about the serious difficulty enemies.

I know Luxor had at least one enemy that was impossible to get. I think a Biomech or Reptiloid that didn't spawn...

I think Karnak also had one or three missing enemies somewhere...

Those two and Moon Mountains are the only ones I can remember right now.

In Metropolis, in the first area, different enemies spawn when you take the left or the right path just after starting. There is a time limit after which you can get the other side to spawn too. I think you had to clear up to the gate and then come back and make the other side spawn as well. (I don't think there were any unkillable enemies though).

Also, if you're looking to get a higher score, here's a little secret.

Lava elementals spawn little lava elementals when killed right?

Well, the little lava elementals give 500 points each but don't count as kills. If you kill the big lava elementals with powerful guns like the cannon or grenade launcher for example, sometimes the little elementals don't spawn at all, so you miss out on 1..3x 500 points.

I think [ULX]Stickly Man! was the one to discover this. We were doing some really high score multiplier runs (400% or 300% extra enemy strength on serious, iirc) and we had the same number of kills but he had slightly more points; when I asked him about it he told me about the lava elementals.

Edit: Hmm, I don't really remember if there were missing enemies in TSE...

I know for sure you can get 100% kills in SS3: BFE on all difficulties.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Some1 help me

So if i cant kill all enemy in this level, then i want to find all secret, but with all enemy i can kill.
Just 1 problem have, if i jump in the fifth mountain to waterfall "2nd secret" i cant kill enemy in sixth mountain, any idea how to do both?
I try to jump in inside of waterfall to 5 and 6 mountains and try to jump to 6 mountain to back to 5 mountain, no luck, jumping + rocket, if need save pm me
Old 12-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

1 more thing, i looking for help to gain some achievement, in the first game
Achievement:
Serious Co-op = Complete a co-op game on serious difficulty and extra enemy strength on 400%. this 1 will be the hardest i try to complete the first lvl and was dead minimum 5 time lol, and this is the first lvl not all
Co-op Hippy = Complete The Great Pyramid in co-op with blood option set to hippy.

I need some in dm but i want to gain those w/o help.

Edit: done in Co-op Hippy , so only Serious Co-op left

Last edited by Biomage; 12-27-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

I see, no1 like co-op .

I was a pro player in UT and UT 2004, no1 was stop me only bots and higher lvl pro, mostly some1 was say i'm a cheater i was so happy for that message , but this achievement i'm out of my mind, serious difficult its no prob i can do that any time, but with 400% more def, 1 jumping horse need 4 rocket or 8 double barrel coach gun, and this is just 1 normal enemy, Sirian werebull need 8 rocket, i cant beat this achievement, i seriously need help, in serious forum, come on stand up and join, if you not a bunny
Old 12-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Hmm, to get both the secret and all the possible kills, first you had to advance normally to get the kills, then rocket jump back to the island with the secret armor and go for it.

I think there might have been some other way than rocket jumping, but I really don't remember it.

As for 400% enemy strength mode... I completed most levels in SP with 400% enemy strength.

The problem is you don't really have enough ammo, also you will have to save a lot more. In most fights you'll probably end up trying to find a place where enemies can't hit you and take down however many you can with the pistols... It gets kind of boring after a while...

So yea, the general idea is take kleer out only with the knife (In an open area you can take out as many Kleer as you want by just running in big circles and swiping with the knife at kleer as they pass near you.) and all smaller enemies only with the pistol. Also use the pistol only when you find a safe-spot where enemies can't reach you (this usually involves rocket-jumping on walls and such things.) Use the big guns on big enemies that you have to take out quickly.

PS: Don't double or multi-post unless lots of time has passed since the last post (a few days) or it is somehow important to the logical flow of ideas in the thread.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:17 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
Hmm, to get both the secret and all the possible kills, first you had to advance normally to get the kills, then rocket jump back to the island with the secret armor and go for it.

I think there might have been some other way than rocket jumping, but I really don't remember it.

As for 400% enemy strength mode... I completed most levels in SP with 400% enemy strength.

The problem is you don't really have enough ammo, also you will have to save a lot more. In most fights you'll probably end up trying to find a place where enemies can't hit you and take down however many you can with the pistols... It gets kind of boring after a while...

So yea, the general idea is take kleer out only with the knife (In an open area you can take out as many Kleer as you want by just running in big circles and swiping with the knife at kleer as they pass near you.) and all smaller enemies only with the pistol. Also use the pistol only when you find a safe-spot where enemies can't reach you (this usually involves rocket-jumping on walls and such things.) Use the big guns on big enemies that you have to take out quickly.

PS: Don't double or multi-post unless lots of time has passed since the last post (a few days) or it is somehow important to the logical flow of ideas in the thread.
1. oh so it have a way to go back to 5 island and kill the 6 island enemy?

2.ah so knife and in dungeon? where 20 million enemy spawning? i don't think i can do both playing style there

so you are a pro if you was done all achievement, why not help me? two player better then 1

3. sry i just think no1 want to help me
Old 12-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Untitled

Quote:
I completed most levels in SP with 400% enemy strength.
You completed most levels on Serious with 400% enemy strength in SP? Holy shit... You need a seal of badassery or somethin'.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Quote:
1. oh so it have a way to go back to 5 island and kill the 6 island enemy?

2.ah so knife and in dungeon? where 20 million enemy spawning? i don't think i can do both playing style there

so you are a pro if you was done all achievement, why not help me? two player better then 1

3. sry i just think no1 want to help me
Nah, I'm not that pro I just played a lot of SSHD:TFE. I haven't played in soooo long (almost 2 years soon), I'd probably suck at it now.

Also, playing on 400% enemy strength for the leaderboards, I saved A LOT... And I do mean A LOT. It was kind of the only way to get a high enough score multiplier.

Eh, besides there have been plenty of other players to get better scores in the leaderboards since then.

I don't think there's anything badass about defeating the game with 400% enemy strength in SP... It just takes a lot of patience and exploiting the AI.

Also, FYI you can get infinite scores in the last level by grabbing the respawning health / ammo items. But that's really lame

I really wouldn't have the time to play as much Sam as back then though...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

Hmm, so I got curious about the current state of the leaderboards and checked em out.

Anyway, here's the current overall status:

Note first: x83 - means Mental with 400% enemy strength and no health/armor also no powerups (even if they don't exist, disabling them gives you x5 multiplier bonus)
x73 - means Serious with the same difficulty settings.

Color codes:
+Bold white - there is a maximum score that can not be exceeded (as far as we know).
+Red - score fluctuates due to a technical problem (Lava golem trick, Not all enemies are killable, or there is no actual score limit)
+Green - highest score is reachable by doing speedruns
+Orange - This used to be a "maximum score reached" situation but now it seems it is a speedrun level; I don't personally have any experience with this so i can't confirm it...

1. Hatshepsut - Max score reached - x83
2. Sand Canyon - Max score reached - x83
3. Tomb of Ramses - Max score reached - x83
4. Valley of Kings - Max score reached - x83
5. Moon mountains - Current max score: Max possible kills 381/397 on Serious x73
- I currently have 379 kills on x71 multiplier (200% enemy strength)
6. Oasis - Max score reached - x73
7. Dunes - Max score reached - x73
8. Memphis - Suburbs - Max score reached - x83
- I currently have a x73 score on this level; hmm, I guess at the time nobody thought to try this on mental x83?...
9. Memphis - Sewers - Something's fishy here... Back when I played the max score had been reached with a x83 multiplier, but now it seems there are two scores on x83 with the level finished in about 8 out of 15 minutes and 10 out of 15 minutes... I guess it might be possible to finish the level that fast if you farm the previous levels for ammo (finish them without using any ammo for all the weapons but the pistols so that you can finish this level incredibly fast.)
Anyway, if those top 2 scores are legit, major Kudos to the two players who achieved them! (M1strz M!strzow, and Weedoj)
10. Memphis - Metropolis - Max score reached - x73
11. Alley of the Sphinxes - Max score sort of reached - x73
I could still improve through the Lava Golem trick... Hmm...
12. Karnak - Max score reachable... x73 - Max possible kills on serious: 1226/1227
My own score is at x71 here, heh.
Also, it seems the current #1 guy has only 1222 kills yet more score - again the golem trick in effect.
13. Luxor - Speed counts! - Highest score reachable at x69 (Serious with +100% enemy strength)
14. Sacred Yards - Speed counts! - Highest score reachable at x69
15. The Great Pyramid - Eh... this one is kind of tricky. Technically you can have an infinite score by abusing infinitely respawning powerup items...
16. Karnak Demo - Max score reached - x73

Edit: Well, it seems i am #5 in the leaderboards now with 2 players being marked as hacked. So technically that makes me #3rd. Yay.

[ULX]Stickly Man! Is still right above me.

It seems a player named Shogun would be #1, but he has roughly 12 million points more on The Great Pyramid than myself... So meh, I can't really acknowledge his score. He has almost 20 hours played in that level out of which at least 18 were spent afking around that infinite spawning item for score So meh to that

Well, at the end of the day, mr Stickly Man is the only one I consider my TFEHD nemesis. Although M1strz M!strzow, and Weedoj are also better than me since they have such a wicked time on that Sewers level!

Hehe, I wish I had time to improve on those scores where I have lower multipliers, but sadly that probably involves replaying previous levels in order to have enough ammo for a feasible level run.

Edit:

Also, I'd guess that most players that care about leaderboards scores play TSE or SS3, so there's that too.

...But yea, at the end of the day, it seems only Karnak and Moon Mountains have unkillable enemies...

Last edited by evil_Vasile; 12-29-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
Also, playing on 400% enemy strength for the leaderboards, I saved A LOT... And I do mean A LOT. It was kind of the only way to get a high enough score multiplier.
What you mean by saved? you cant save coop game, its a net game.
I just check you leaderboard stat, and i was see something weird, tell me what stat i see in there? single game or coop?
Old 12-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Untitled

Pretty certain he means in Single Player.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
I find the other way for get both, killing all enemy + all secret

Its really simple, when you find the secret armor in inside of the waterfall, need to go to the rocket ammo, but need to walk closer to cliff, and before you reach the ammo you get the secret
Old 12-31-2012, 07:27 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Quote:
What you mean by saved? you cant save coop game, its a net game.
I just check you leaderboard stat, and i was see something weird, tell me what stat i see in there? single game or coop?
Yea, I mean single player.

Co-op would be beyond insane on 400% enemy strength

Quote:
I find the other way for get both, killing all enemy + all secret

Its really simple, when you find the secret armor in inside of the waterfall, need to go to the rocket ammo, but need to walk closer to cliff, and before you reach the ammo you get the secret
Wow, cool find!

Btw, in the SS3 Leaderboards there are people who completed the last level (in SP of course) with only 9 saves on +400% enemy strength and no hp/armor items! Now THAT's insane!

Last edited by evil_Vasile; 12-31-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
i was mean this evil_Vasile.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...D446B0586051D/
Old 01-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

I'm not sure what you're asking here?...

What's weird?

Edit: Also, here are my kill counts for Moon Mountains single player Serious:

1st Island - 26 kills
2nd Island - 37 kills (total)
3rd Island - 49 kills (total)
4th Island - 75 kills (total)
5th Island - 132 kills (total)
6th Island - 164 kills (total)
Tunnel - part 1 (killed the kleers) - 199 kills (total)
Tunnel - part 2 (after marsh hoppers) - 254 kills (total)
The big hole area - part 1 (above ring) - 286 kills (total)
The big hole area - part 2 (lower ring) - 294 kills (total)
Secret Cave - 303 kills (total)
Water cave - 352 kills (total)
End of level - 381 kills (total)

I don't think it's possible to get more kills than this. If there is, nobody has found a way yet.

Last edited by evil_Vasile; 01-02-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're asking here?...

What's weird?
i was meaning,weird cause not say what game was play for this rank.

Last edited by Biomage; 01-02-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Well, if you look at the top leaderboard level selection drop-down menu, you'll see the coop levels are on separate leaderboards.

It would be silly to have both SP and Coop in the same leaderboard. SP is much easier I think.