Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 4

Serious Sam 4 The place to talk about Croteam's next title: Serious Sam 4! What do you know? What do you hope to see in the next Sam game?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2017, 03:17 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Default Small Question on Pricing for Fusion 2017

So this question won't actually apply to me at all but I'm curious. So once Fusion 2017 releases in full, everyone who has a copy of one of the main entry SS games or an SSVR game will get the Fusion 2017 edition of that game for free. So will this work like Skyrim Special Edition where once Fusion 2017 has fully launched people will need to pay afterwards for Fusion 2017 separately from the SS:HD games and SS3?

Which leads to my other small question. What will be the fate of the past Serious Engine 3 edition SS games? (SS:HD and SS3) Will they still be available for purchase on Steam or will they be totally replaced by the 2017 Fusion editions and only the people who've bought those SE3 editions in the past will have access to them now?

Or, will they continue to sell the SE3 editions and simply just give out the Fusion 2017 editions as free DLC permanently?

To be honest... Part of me wants them to totally replace the SE3 editions on the store page with the Fusion 2017 editions just so I can brag that I have the old editions.

My Charizard was banned in the Geneva Conventions.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:09 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Re: Small Question on Pricing for Fusion 2017

I think you will be able to buy the old versions, but not sure.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:45 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Considering the massive modding community for the existing titles, replacing them entirely would be dumb. Should definitely still stay accessible, even if you get them with Fusion.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:50 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

It would be an interesting idea if the main titles were the "normal" games, and then added to Fusion to serve as the "moddable" game. It would solve a lot of problems and you'd be able to freely use any asset of any Sam game for your projects (the actual maps would be locked unless you owned the game).
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 03-25-2017, 04:57 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

The massive modding community for both SSHD and SS3 should port their mods to Fusion. It is entirely possible, Fusion was made that way.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:34 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
The massive modding community for both SSHD and SS3 should port their mods to Fusion. It is entirely possible, Fusion was made that way.
Well, to be quite fair, even if the process is dead simple, some modders are simply just not gonna be there to update their mod. You see this all the time with Minecraft and the Unreal Tournament games.

My Charizard was banned in the Geneva Conventions.