Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 4

Serious Sam 4 The place to talk about Croteam's next title: Serious Sam 4! What do you know? What do you hope to see in the next Sam game?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-07-2017, 04:53 AM   #1921   Add To Ignore List  
Wake Up

Default Re: Serious Sam 4 ideas ?

Don't get your hopes up high, they'll probably add it to SS4 and then cut it out as usual.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:28 AM   #1922   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I actually have some ideas for Ghostbuster weapon:

1. The Ghostbuster as alternative firemode;
One of the things I have in my head was that the GB is alternative firemode for some new version of the Laser gun, with some shor weapon animation, while switching between the two firemodes. The two weapons share same kind of ammo, so there will be good to have another fire mode, limited in range, but delivering much more DPS. The cons are that this way actually the weapon turns into a copy of UT's Pulse Gun/Link Gun.

2. The Ghostbuster as separate weapon, with two (or more) firemodes.
Primary mode - Lightning gun - standard , quick-spending the ammo and limited in range, firemode with constant lightning beam (as above).;
Secondary mode - Thunderbolt - Charged shot. It requires some time to charge the power required, but once charged it can deliver a long range shot, with chain-lightning effect on nearby targets. Beware of overcharge (self-damage and short in time shock effect)
Old 09-07-2017, 01:09 PM   #1923   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Pretty good idea there, though I kinda doubt we will even see an alt fire mode until the proposed Serious Sam 2 Reboot. I can imagine it in Serious Sam 4, but then again, I kinda doubt it.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:26 PM   #1924   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

I would image what will happen if the ghost-buster got used underwater ... I like the idea of the chain-shot though (or something like a shock effect where it attacks nearby enemies within range)..
Old 09-11-2017, 07:49 AM   #1925   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

In underwater will discharge, leading to instant-kill, as the owner, and so the nearby targets. As in Quake 1 or Half-Life: OF.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #1926   Add To Ignore List  
The Purple Cat

could be great, if the player drags lots of enemies into the water especially if he was invulnerable (with the invulnerability power-up), depending on how many enemies, it could be a deadly weapon.. Though it should slightly lower effectiveness as the range increases / new sector or something. I assume it wouldn't kill the reeban fish or that electric fish.
Actually some of the Serious Sam 4 enemies should have the ability to swim if so, like headman, and maybe a kleer (?) or even a scorpion! It would be funny to see some enemies swim..