Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 4

Serious Sam 4 The place to talk about Croteam's next title: Serious Sam 4! What do you know? What do you hope to see in the next Sam game?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #61   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Default Re: Serious Sam 4 ideas ?

It would be hilarious if Groovy Gregory would run out into the field and start dancing, a disco ball drops down from the sky, and all the enemies start dancing. Then Sam can take out the enemies while they are distracted.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #62   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Warmonger is offline Send a message via ICQ to Warmonger

Storyline has never been a backbone of Serious Sam. What I would like to see in SS4 are warped gravity and crazy battles. Possibly bigger (never enough) battles with power-ups.

Whatever it will be, no Egypt please. TSE proves that simple change of setting can give so much better experience. Sam could travel all the world, wherever there are big landscapes and enough area for dozens of enemies Or travel space and alien planets, whatever.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #63   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

So that will be SS4 as "continuation" of ss2 ?
Old 07-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #64   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Since I saw that I was in any serious change unless a character, it is not good .. gave a best fit by the same guy ..
Old 07-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #65   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

It will turn out that Mental is actually the Guardian and Sam is the Avatar. The series then will go on for a few episodes, where the 8th game will be full of very bad jumping puzzles while the ninth and last game will contradict the whole series and will be a buggy mess of a proto-game. It will be also published by EA.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #66   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaarwarian View Post
SS4: Sam has became frustrated and disillusioned that he can't defeat Mental (until yet) and decided to work (or better living his life as) himself as a Mercenary.
Here's a better take:

At the end of Sam2, he becomes disillusioned, but instead becomes depressed and suicidal. You play as the multiplayer characters (even Ugh-Zan III) and must convince him to get treatment. You have to find a way to tell him that there's nothing wrong with him and that life is worth living without being patronizing to him. If you fail, Sam will kill himself.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #67   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Fahreinheit/Indigo Prophecy: Serious Edition.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #68   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Fahreinheit/Indigo Prophecy: Serious Edition.
Complete with Sam swinging someone in a wheel chair in a perfect circle.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:22 AM   #69   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

SS4 will be a SS2 remake.
No company says that they are "thinking" about something. That means that they will do it.
JUST SKILL
Old 07-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #70   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

They never said SS4 will be a SS2 remake.

And it wasn't the company talking, just one member of it.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:16 AM   #71   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croteam
Regarding Serious Sam 2 on Steam, our current plan is to basically recompile the game, so we can then add Steamworks for online play.
That way we will have all Croteam developed Sam PC games available online at one place.

We were thinking on doing a HD + total remake, but we will leave that for the future plans.
There is a lot we would like to change in gameplay, visuals etc. to make it like it should have been (that's why it is reffered to as total remake), unlike HDs where gameplay sticked to the originals. But, we decided to keep it in original, as, contrary to general thinking, looking at feedbacks we received over years, quite a few people like it as is now and we would dissapoint them.

We still need to do business talks with Valve and Devolver, but really don't expect roadblocks there.

Plan is to start all that after BFE is released.
As I said, no company just "thinks" about making a game.
JUST SKILL
Old 07-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #72   Add To Ignore List  
Untitled

If SS4 is set after TSE, then I would like to visit the planets that were planned for the beta, or even better; some of the enemies' homeplanets. Like, the Arachnoids' homeplanet could be a vast desert, the Khnums' homeplant would be like a dark desert, with weird gravity, and some lava/volcanoes here and there. And maybe some flying rocks/islands where Khnums would live on, while overseeing their underlings/worshippers from below?

If not, I'd like to visit some underwater cities and/or mountains with waterfalls, lakes, etc on the Water Planet, and some Icy Temples built by primitive religious beasts (not Arachnoids) on the Icy Planet. As for the Tropic Planet, I always visioned it as a giant planet, where animals and the enviroment are huge. And kinda like dinosaurs living on an epic (in terms of size) planet, with lots of jungles.

If on the other hand it's set after SS2 events...then I'd like if Mental settled a new fortress/HQ at some Eillian Empire Ruins, as according to his/its backstory, isn't he/it also one? A corrupted one, power-hungry one, or whatever he/it is.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #73   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Yes, those ideas would fit well with SS. Arachnoids' Desert Planet, Khnums' home planet that is also desert, CT would also reintroduce Pechina, the desert planet from SS2 that was cut. It was like if you'd have never left Egypt!

Old 07-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #74   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

That's why they want a SS2 HD remake. To introduce Pechina, use SE 3.5 and use everything they have cut (let's hope the 2 Ugh Zans come back)
JUST SKILL
Old 07-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #75   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

As far as I know, they really don't want to do anything with the original SS2 anymore.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #76   Add To Ignore List  
Untitled

Desert setting doesn't necessarily mean Egypt. Though, tropical places would be a nice new setting for SS4 rather than more deserts and/or ancient ruins, but I'm still curious on what Pechina would look like (asides from being a desert with lots of military bases).
Old 07-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #77   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

My thought was that mental can flee so that Sam cannot find him. (Making him available for a future rematch). But he has left a boatload or two of his minions on Earth leaving us with Sam cleaning up the great cities. There are many famous skylines that could be used. Just think SS4 - Taking out the trash. Then a followup with SS5 - Back to Nature where Sam visits many of the beautiful outdoor areas clearing out the remnants.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #78   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

StarFyre is offline Send a message via ICQ to StarFyre

I'd like to see a level that IS a boss. A creature so big, you are moving around on it's body. Then, as it stands up, the player sees it like earthquakes, etc and then the terrain starts to tilt. Now, that wall or rock that used to be an obsticle, is the new floor (being paralel to the 'ground').

BUt of course, player doesn't realize the level is alive. THe boss fight could be when you reach an area around it's head and see these huge eyes, etc (like Atlas in God of War 3 but bigger).

His hands sweeping over the area would need to be dodged (Not these modern cheap cover buttons, but you actually have to run and jump like a mad man to dodge it).

etc.

also, maybe a more logical change in weapons considering the # of enemies.

- get rid of shotgun/double barrel and replace with the automatic shotgun from Predators/Expendables (AA-12)
- add an undercarriage grenade launcher to the assault rifle

This would open up slots for a couple new weapons in addition to all that we have now.

I'd prob like a railgun like in eraser instead of the sniper rifle. Fits better with the mass chaos i would say

Sanjay
Old 07-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #79   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Agree about basically everything, including the removal/fusing the shotguns.

I think for the Shotgun, it could be the kind of shotgun from Half-Life, that it can shoot one or two shells depending on the Primary or Secondary fire, while the second shotgun would be an Auto-Shotgun like you said.

For the Grenade Launcher, I think it could stay as its own weapon, but could have multiple type of grenade ammo.
Or even better, fusing the Grenade Launcher with the Rocket Launcher! Primary fire would shoot rockets, secondary would shoot grenades, while there'd be also multiple ammo types for both. (Though dunno how could you switch between two ammo types the same time.) It would make this weapon to be a truly complex multi-purpose weapon.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #80   Add To Ignore List  
Untitled

Well, the Rocket Launcher could take 2 slots in your "inventory", so if you press 5, you have the RL in "Normal" (Rocket shooting) mode, while if you press 5 again/switch to the next weapon, it switches over to Grenade mode? As for swapping ammo types, right click? But I'd love to have a RL/GL hybrid with multiple ammo types. Would bring up lots more tactics you could use against your enemies.

But I would like if SS took a direction to more complexity in overall. (i.e. support enemies, enemies that don't try to kill you directly, non-basic simple weapons, alterante fire and/or ammo, some enemies having resistances and/or vulnerabilities to specific weapons, etc).
Old 07-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #81   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Well, the idea there was actually saving up a slot so something else could be there instead of another RL or a GL.

And yeah, I kinda agree about the complexity. It already started with the Khnum and Technopolips being only vulnerable to explosives.

Last edited by Solais; 07-18-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #82   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

You mean only vulnerable to explosives

Sanjay
Old 07-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #83   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

What are you talking about.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #84   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Last edited by Solais; Today at 06:08 PM. <------

Sanjay
Old 07-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #85   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Yes for more Complex things from me in Serious Sam.

At the weapons i personal think one Shotgun is enough, cause my problem is the AutoShotgun is only useful at beginning. Then you find Double Shotgun, which shoots 2 bullets and its still ok to find more powerful weapons, but not really a use for Autoshotgun. Personal i would see (custom or official) maps for Autoshotgun.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:54 AM   #86   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I didn't mean the same Autoshotgun in SS2, but the Autoshotguns in real life, which are kinda like high-speed shotgun-machineguns.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #87   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

You mean one like this? http://youtu.be/xiMQ981lph0
Old 07-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #88   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaarwarian View Post
cause my problem is the AutoShotgun is only useful at beginning.
It's good for large groups of headmen and kamikazes (unless you can get kamis up close and kill one with your pistol) when the DB shotgun's rate of fire is too slow.

I find the DB shotgun most useful for single Kleer and Werebull, basically doing the "matador movement" (Wait for enemy to jump at you, dodge to the side and hit them in the back. Rinse and repeat)
But otherwise it's too slow to reload to be useful against lots of weak enemies firing at you all at once (like headmen as I mentioned earlier)
Old 07-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #89   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by utgort View Post
You mean one like this? http://youtu.be/xiMQ981lph0
Exactly, though more like the AA-12. Like the one viper modded in (and never released).

Old 07-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #90   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

yeah surely more like the AA-12...