Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 4

Serious Sam 4 The place to talk about Croteam's next title: Serious Sam 4! What do you know? What do you hope to see in the next Sam game?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 04:33 AM   #151   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Re: Serious Sam 4 ideas ?

I actually looked up the Unreal 2 Singularity Cannon. It is basically a Doom BFG rip-off with an organic-like art design. Even if I never actually described its looks (like you've accused), its purpose and function is completely different from my idea. It is a completely different weapon.

Not to mention, I called my weapon as "Singularity Gun" not Cannon, which is, again, different.

So yeah. You have nothing.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:35 AM   #152   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

yes, as squadala told you cand just direct copy it!

also you are out of topic,

my idea for ss 4 is

ofc, a HD remake of the Ghost Buster!

FOR SQUADALA: can you help me with, what is the triangle size of the ghostbuster i dont know how to do compare to the minigun ....
Old 09-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #153   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

A real different idea is to add a backend http engine. That could allow translate.google.com to translate ingame chat.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #154   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekazuya0.60 View Post
also you are out of topic
SO!?! God you people are so anal about being off topic. It's like a discussion is illegal here. Not every single topic of discussion needs its own thread. A discussion on the side of another one should be FINE. Christ.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #155   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
SO!?! God you people are so anal about being off topic. It's like a discussion is illegal here. Not every single topic of discussion needs its own thread. A discussion on the side of another one should be FINE. Christ.
that was y first time of talking about geting off topic , now silence I have to give devostator, the files of the Beam Gun so he can make 2 mod's of it
Old 09-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #156   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

I'd just like to point out that 'The Singularity Cannon' kinda reminds me of Quake 4's Dark Matter Gun (aka BFG replacement) - Both shoot miniature black holes that suck things in. On the other hand 'The Singularity Cannon' is much more badass since it sounds like a BFG and DMG combined!

It could be called BF-DMG-G - Big ****ing Damage Gun and it would be a glorious thing to have in SS4, hehe!

(OT: Heh, the next Quake big-gun should be called OMG - Overpowered Mega Gun)

Edit: My post from the other SS4 related thread:

Hmm, something new, yet something that doesn't change the style of the games too much...

How about a gun-crafting feature?...

For example, you could choose what kind of projectile a weapon uses: normal metal bullets, Kleer Bones (for extra impaling in walls!), gnaar eyes, rocks, etc.

Then you would imbue the weapon with mighty elemental powers! Fire, Lightning, Water, Dirt, i mean Earth.... Somehow... For example, making a Gnaar Eye shooting Water-Earth weapon would shoot Gnaar Eyes that on impact splash some sticky muddy substance that damages and slows enemies. Using a kleer bone instead would maybe focus the weapon on single targets more...

As you progress in the maps, you could unlock new projectiles. You encounter a new kind of enemy and thus steal things from it. Or you encounter a new type of material and use it as a projectile. (Like for example, you encounter a chainsaw, and you use it as a projectile!)

Hmm, I guess this would be like magicka's spellcrafting but with guns instead. It would be damn complex and hard to pull off... But it would probably be cool if done right, heh.

Edit:

Quote:
Hmm, something new, yet something that doesn't change the style of the games too much...
Yea, nice going me, say that then post something that freakin changes everything! (Note: Not actually _everything_)

Last edited by evil_Vasile; 09-10-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #157   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

The thing is that my Singularity Gun is nothing like those weapons. It does not shoot a blackhole - it generates a black-hole-like-singularity on the front of the weapon that sucks in all the small enemies, then the other fire transforms it into a white hole that launches the compressed enemies out. That's the whole idea. As I explained earlier. (Why nobody gets it?)

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #158   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Kirby does the same thing, Solais! YOU STOLE THAT IDEA!
Old 09-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #159   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
The thing is that my Singularity Gun is nothing like those weapons. It does not shoot a blackhole - it generates a black-hole-like-singularity on the front of the weapon that sucks in all the small enemies, then the other fire transforms it into a white hole that launches the compressed enemies out. That's the whole idea. As I explained earlier. (Why nobody gets it?)
To be honest, I didn't really read your post properly, but now that you clarified, that sounds even better!

Edit: Hmm, why not have it just shoot the enemies themselves out rather than the compressed white hole thing? Or at least have that as an alt-alt fire mode. I always wanted to shoot werebull at my foes hehe.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #160   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

OH MY GODDESS, YOU'RE RIGHT! I stole the idea from all over the place! Not just Unreal 2, but Kirby, and even my vacuum cleaner!

Old 09-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #161   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Vasile! That's a good idea - let me explore further;

Explosive wind up Mini-Werebulls.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #162   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_Vasile View Post
Edit: Hmm, why not have it just shoot the enemies themselves out rather than the compressed white hole thing? Or at least have that as an alt-alt fire mode. I always wanted to shoot werebull at my foes hehe.
Okay, I just paste the whole thing here again so you read it:

"I also had an idea for a new highest-tier weapon, the Singularity Gun. It would use two regular ammo types: Electricity and Dark Matter Canisters. It would have two firing modes: The normal one (costing Dark Matter) would create a black hole that would be able to suck in a specific amount of small to medium enemies, killing them instantly. After you have some enemies sucked up (them being the third, kind of unconventional ammo type), you could pressure them into a ball while holding the right mouse key - kinda like firing the cannon (with the screams of the monsters sounding out from the weapon), and then with creating a white hole, shooting out the compressed enemy cannonball with high speed that would cause even larger damage than the cannon. This secondary fire would cost Dark Matter when firing, and Electricity for compressing. The enemy ball's damage and size would be determined how many sucked up enemies you have compressed together. The gun would be only able to hold 10-15 enemies. It would be a stronger weapon than the Cannon, but harder and more inconvenient to use, so it would balance out imo. It would also use Mines as an alternate ammo, that could be deployed to suck up enemies on the field, and then collected to add to the "Enemy Ammo". In a way, this gun would be very powerful, but would use four kinds of ammo, three that is necessary. This would create the most complex weapon of the series as well. I quite like the idea of "complex weapons"."

Old 09-11-2012, 03:55 AM   #163   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I think that the new serious sam ( ss hd 2 bfm) should have:

- mixed futuristic city maps with a mix of ss 3 bfe textures and unnormal ss 2 textures (in hd)

- 2 secret weapon's the Ghost Buster and the Flamethrower as it's they'r turn now, and they were awesome!

-crazy gravity effects!

- colored HUD NO MORE DALTONISTIC SHIT!!! as ss tfe green, ss hd tfe green, ss hd tse, blue, ss 3, white, CRAP!!!

-All ss2 enemies in HD the one which are returning from ss hd or 3 doesn't need a new model

-NPS characters

-turrent's

-new maps

- NO MORE EGYPT!!!

-Ass load's of fun

-no freakin' serious bomb's as it's not fun to play with them!!

also: bgf, dmg, redeemer, singularity cannon, SBC cannon... all are "super" guns so noone is a ripoffm
Old 09-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #164   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

Quote:
...The normal one (costing Dark Matter) would create a black hole that would be able to suck in a specific amount of small to medium enemies, killing them instantly...
See! This part doesn't say anything about sucking them into the gun itself, so this part does sound like how the DMG works.

Quote:
...After you have some enemies sucked up (them being the third, kind of unconventional ammo type), you could pressure them into a ball while holding the right mouse key - kinda like firing the cannon (with the screams of the monsters sounding out from the weapon), and then with creating a white hole, shooting out the compressed enemy cannonball with high speed that would cause even larger damage than the cannon. This secondary fire would cost Dark Matter when firing, and Electricity for compressing. The enemy ball's damage and size would be determined how many sucked up enemies you have compressed together...
And reading this part, I'm not sure why you quoted my Edit there - I was proposing shooting individual enemies out, rather than shooting the enemies compressed into a damaging white hole thing. Kind of like a goofy cartoon circus cannon.

Quote:
... It would also use Mines as an alternate ammo, that could be deployed to suck up enemies on the field, and then collected to add to the "Enemy Ammo"...
Now this part I did entirely miss, and it sounds really cool.

Damn it, the more I read/think about this theoretical weapon, the more I want to see it in action.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:51 AM   #165   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

It's not a damaging white hole thing. It is a Ball made out of enemies compressed together. Like how a garbage compressor compresses garbage into these cubes. Same, just with a ball made out of blood, flesh and bones. And during the enemies are compressed, the cries of them coming out of the gun.

Yeah, the original definition wasn't very well written, I kinda agree.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #166   Add To Ignore List  
Praise the Sun!

What?! Yes it is, you literally said up there:
Quote:
and then with creating a white hole, shooting out the compressed enemy cannonball with high speed that would cause even larger damage than the cannon
Ok, ok, it's not a damaging white hole thing, it's a damaging ball of enemies thing, which does sound cooler, hehe.

Either way, it's a cool idea, and that's all I really have to say on the subject.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:28 AM   #167   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Yeah, the weapon creates a black hole-like singularity to suck up the enemies into the gun, and then creates a white-hole-like singularity that shoots the enemies out of the gun, compressed. The whole black and white hole thing really just the gun's muzzleflash.

Again, badly written.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #168   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Yeah, what about secondary fire mode for the Laser Gun

1. Is shooting green laser beam that fry all enemies in range... wow it's really something unseen

or this one:

2. Is firing giant balls of green Antimatter, which causes major damage to opponents hit by the radiation emitted by the projectile and is often an instant kill if a target takes a direct hit from the projectile.

Cool, isn't it? And creative!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #169   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

also i had an idea of a acid cannon gun which was supposed to be siminilar to U2 singularity cannon, firing a green acid laser beam and a capsule with acid liquid which was supposed to destroy (melt) every living lifeform-
the idea was (still is) in the game which im making after the beta remake project and serious sam HD the beta encounter, the project is called Gus Hardstone and i hope croteam will suport it later in future when i create a pre-alpha...
Old 09-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #170   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Hey, what about to replace the sniper whit some sci-fi weapon? What about Railgun? And we can combine rocket launcher with grenade launcher. With left button - rockets, with right button - grenades. You hold one of the buttons and the gun is charging up to 6 projectiles. Hell yeah...
Old 09-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #171   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

StarFyre is offline Send a message via ICQ to StarFyre

Descent 3 had the black shark rocket that created a small black hole. it actually sucked ships, rockets, etc into it. However, instead of instant death. It then did an explosion for massive damage

the best though, use the black shark around alot of enemies/players. When they get sucked into the center. Fire the mass driver (railgun) which will penetrate all of them OR a mega missile (big nuke) ..both get sucked into the center and kill everything

Sanjay
Old 09-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #172   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

My idea - don't stray too far away from Serious Sam's classic gameplay - just add new environments, some new enemies and some new weapons, and that's all it needs. Make the single player campaign as big as possible. Do something about Co-op, make it reward teamwork, or actually almost impossible to complete without teamwork.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:19 AM   #173   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

just do the ss 2 weaponry + ghostbuster & flamer
Old 09-23-2012, 05:33 AM   #174   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfGaming View Post
Do something about Co-op, make it reward teamwork, or actually almost impossible to complete without teamwork.
I agree with that. All they have to do is make the game not end when someone makes it to the finish, but make you have to kill all the monsters (or at least 90% of them).
Old 09-23-2012, 06:02 AM   #175   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Or having an "exit zone" where every player must show up before ending the level. Or even before more important places. So to stop runners.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:10 AM   #176   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Brute is offline Send a message via MSN to Brute

He should shoot monsters with guns.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:14 AM   #177   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
He should shoot monsters with guns.
NO WAY! That would ruin the whole game!

Old 09-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #178   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

This thread became very popular wtf ....

Last edited by GettinSerious; 09-26-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #179   Add To Ignore List  
Ugh-Zan III

Brute is offline Send a message via MSN to Brute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinSerious View Post
This threat became very popular wtf ....
Please don't kill me.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #180   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

The word is "thread" with a d. A "threat" is something that can be dangerous to a person or an object. You, kazuya and others should get it right already.