Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 4

Serious Sam 4 The place to talk about Croteam's next title: Serious Sam 4! What do you know? What do you hope to see in the next Sam game?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2016, 05:35 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Do you think Serious Sam is missing something?

Real talk here. I know that many of you are die hard fans, just as me. But after playing the games over and over, every game, and also playing a bunch of other games, do you think if there's anything that Serious Sam; the game, the character, its directions, or any aspect of the franchise/character/story is missing something? Or if not missing, something that would just make it more... better/complex/whatever?

Like imagine, that Croteam would give you their hyper secret God machine that they use to meld the games out of their very grey matter. What would your Serious Sam (game/character/story/franchise) would be like?

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:46 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Default Re: Do you think Serious Sam is missing something?

two words : inverted gravity on a more serious note, I guess I don't like that much prolonged battles where enemies keep spawning for a while, battles where a huge number spawns at once and leaves you to deal with it feel better. Also I don't like too much when enemies spawn right in front of you and you can see them spawning, I prefer them spawning behind a wall or something and then comming out at you, making you feel like they didn't just spawn but came running from somewhere. We need more and cooler guns. And definitely a lot more maps, beating the game should take many hours, even days. Maps set in several episodes with different environments, like TSE or SS2. Of course we also need a lot more and cooler non-combat segments with puzzles or gimmicks or other clever stuff to do in between the battles to break up the action and avoid fatigue, TSE did that well. Multiplayer Co-op could use a lot of improvements too, to make it more challenging, interesting and balanced for varying number of players. Maps should not have too much clutter of useless details that get in the way or make it harder to judge what items and enemies a room contains at a glance.

Last edited by God Of Gaming; 04-16-2016 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:31 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

That's a difficult question to be honest. Sam is Sam because of the gameplay, character and story. If you change any of those things, is it still Sam? The basic story and universe lend themselves to very different types of games, moods and styles, but I'm not sure any of them would be Sam.

I mean, even though the game plays out in what can only be described as apocalypse for mankind, it's never been the core of the game. The game has always been more lighthearted and felt more like an adventure than an apocalypse. You could give what is essentially a very dark story that gritty, broken, hopeless, apocalyptic feeling - but you'd likely lose everything that made Sam what it is in the process.

Storywise, I'd much rather see Sam explore other worlds and their ancient civilizations to find some artifact or ancient magic tech to help defeat Mental. It would fit with the story and allow for a lot more freedom than what earth allows for. You could use such a setup to keep the adventurous feeling, while still expanding the story and the game in new ways.

Gameplay wise, there are elements that could make it more interesting as well without changing the basic oldschool arcady shooter premise that is at the core of the gameplay. But we've discussed those to endlessness and I think by now everyone here knows what they are. Whether it would all work the way we imagine it and give the gameplay a boost is more difficult to predict, as it really depends on how the different element are integrated.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:07 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Wake Up

Being an ex-writer, my biggest complaint about the series right now is its storyline. It's too non-consistent, too choppy from game to game, too simplistic and very undeveloped. I mean, the idea behind the whole series is awesome, but its realisation sucks so much... I always wanted to see more attention to the story and its details, the lore, as well as balanced combination of both humour and serious tone. More subtext and clever characters. Some interesting yet optional and unobtrusive narrative design ways for those who want to dive deep into the story. I mean, not everyone think that Serious Sam is just a mindless FPS game without any kind of story.

Gameplay wise, I think I always felt that I miss some futuristic elements regarding weapons and enemies. I understand that one of the major points of the series were ancient historical places and unusual characters, but I feel that there could be more quality elements and design choices added to the production value.

Also, in addition to the previous opinions, I'd add that sometimes it's too boring to shoot endless waves of various monsters. I think the series miss some additional entertaining elements, which at the same time won't break the old-school pace and feel of the game. All in all, I'd agree with GoG opinion as well.

Last edited by FreekNik; 04-16-2016 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:16 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

I agree with Jasser that it'd be nice to explore other worlds like in SS2 again. Gritty realism like in SS3 will wear out fast. Make the game feel like an adventure again. I'd make it a lot more imaginative overall with all kinds of weird alien planets, maybe take some cues from Ratchet & Clank in environment/weapon design. I don't think I would mind some light RPG elements in there either, like how R&C has evolving weapons depending on how much you use them.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:41 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

But Ctoteam says SS2 is non-Canon. And there are a lot of threads here in which people says SS2 is bad and why it is Bad.

So what now? In which direction Croteam want to go?

In which Direction the Fans want to go?

Will there be a game which replaces SS2 or a Remake of SS2?

Some other members wants the Tech of 2001, SE1 back.

That i love SS2 we all know.

Are there official statements? At CT webpage?
Old 04-16-2016, 08:56 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

To me, it's a process of analyzing the little things that previous games did right which made the games feel more fresh.

I found The First Encounter to be my favorite game regardless of the fact that it really is repetitive battles after battles. It still kept me immersed, however, because of the art style, music, and general flow of the game. It gets progressively more difficult the further you go, gives every weapon a purpose or two, and caps it off with a terrific end level. The Second Encounter was practically an expansion of TFE, but it improved the experience by adding minor puzzle elements and gimmick rooms. It also somewhat reflected each era you visited. Mayans had plenty of traps and odd shifting gravity, Persians had spike traps and collapsing floors, Europe had crush-o-matics, etc.

Serious Sam 2 still remained true to that concept with its multiple worlds. Magnor's swampy areas would slow you down if you strode off of the path, Kleer had volcanic sections which required careful footing, Kronor having the ice gimmick, Sirius having the timed gameshow levels... The inclusion of vehicles also helped break the monotony of certain parts.

Serious Sam 3 relied heavily on TFE's formula, a bit too much, I will confess. Granted, it's not as though the developers avoided adding a little spin to some areas. Spider eggs indicated that you'd deal with less headaches by using your melee weapons, the minigun turret maze was a neat concept, and the section of the Dark Bride where you have to make sure the minigun turret doesn't get overwhelmed with skeletons is pretty interesting. But those are the only examples that come to mind, most of the game is spent shooting, the presentation doesn't really back it all that well. The Jewel of the Nile DLC felt like an apology for that, almost, because each level had a theme. Level 1 places you on an island, Level 2 mostly consists of battles, but also throws a couple of minor puzzles into the mix. Level 3 lets you play around with a jetpack, and that's awesome.

So, yeah, if Serious Sam is/was missing something, it would be regarding a theme. TSE hit the sweet-spot for most people, probably because it was always taking advantage of each environment you were placed in, by adding little gimmicks and challenges to each stage. SS2 succeeded in some aspects of that concept. SS3 was all about modern Tourist Egypt, and it felt a little stale. Granted, when you're working with more of a "realistic" approach, it's difficult to justify adding random gimmick rooms for the sake of it, without any explanation as to why. But Jewel of the Nile proved that you could still keep the flow interesting by making little changes here or there, so it's undoubtedly doable for Serious Sam 4.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:13 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Forever Fancy

SS2 was more of a serious sam game than SS3 in a lot of ways, in my opinion.

What is SS to me?
Lots of enemies... waves of enemies.
Occasional puzzle solving
Interesting environments, and a nice variety despite not a whole lot of assets
Lots of projectiles and kiting of enemies
FUN SECRETS
Sam makes a lot of one-liners

I talk about SS3 a lot in these threads... and I say a lot of the same things but i really do care about them, but one thing I never really mentioned are the secrets in SS3. In FE you usually had huge health or ammo pickups for finding secrets. Many secrets were fun, like the spherical gravity room. In TSE you had a ton of crazy secrets.. like you touch a pill and it runs away, and you keep chasing it. The enemy + tree combined thing (something of that nature.) FE had the crate pyramid.... For SS3 I really don't recall many memorable things. Just small gags like classic shoes, or "secret small armor shard!" I guess for some reason those "lame secrets" hurt my soul. TSE's PHONE BOOTHS were also super low effort but fun and enjoyable. Super quirky, and I love that about Sam.

TFE has some of the best level design for playing the game. TSE has some of the most interesting environments.. the first level is insanely memorable. The night time creepy castle was *GREAT* and a fun, interesting feeling level that I haven't really felt in a game since then. All the "blue levels" were completely forgettable, and while I haven't played TSE that many times, I still don't remember anything about the blue levels except really annoying platforming.
PLEASE NO PLATFORMING. It's awkward and not fun. I love puzzles, but falling to my death is obnoxious. In COOP, being stuck on a platforming puzzle while EVERYONE ELSE runs ahead and enjoys the rest of the level makes me want to ragequit the game.

Everyone harps on SS2, and I've played it about 1 1/2 times, now. SS2 is more of a Serious Sam game than SS3, in my opinion. The only thing I remember being bad about SS2 are the invisible walls and a lot of the battles were too hard / really drawn out.. moreso than SS3. But the game had so many fun elements and environments. The secrets were fun, it tried new stuff like vehicles.

Also TFE and TSE boss battles were SICK. The huge lava golem was fun.. UghZhan was memorable (platforming sucks though)... TSE had the dusk level with that wizard guy and the colorful particles with that kickass music. I will never forget that boss battle. SS3 boss battles were what... you always fought the Khnum guys. Was there a boss battle that wasn't a Khnum or the ship? I guess the DLC had that megalarge scrapjack which was kind of okay. SS2 I barely remember but I know there was a dragon fight.. and a mega mech spider (but that might have been a miniboss thing.)... (Edit note: I guess SS3's final boss was that guy you have to stick rods in. That wasn't fun at all because I couldn't kill anything (well I could but it was pointless due to infinite respawns), it had platforming with the jetpack basically, and you had to do the same thing over and over to win. The sandwhale part was fun though, due to the build up of sandwhales earlier in the game. Sandwhale is memorable and funny. Maybe best "Sam" part of SS3, actually. Maybe I should just forget about the last level of SS3 and remember sam driving off into the desert and ending it on a cliffhanger.)

I think more interesting cutscenes could be fun for the series, too. In previous games all I remember are cutscene sequences when you grab an artifact or you hit a button and you see a cutscene of something moving. Maybe a quick flythrough or ariel shot of the level might be interesting at the start? The Cutscenes in SS3 were 99% Sam walking in one direction holding his hand up to his ear and talking. and 75% helicopters flying briefly before crashing.

I totally get that everything I mentioned requires more effort put into unique, non-repeatable gags, but that's what makes the SS series fun for me. Unique bosses are one-time things, complicated easter eggs take time, more VO takes time to make interesting and do right... But god damnit those are the moments that make 30 minutes of holding left click worth it.

Additionally, netrisca with VO would be fun, like in SS2. I'm not huge on the text interface version.. but if people like and enjoy the text that's cool... Environments and enemies were interesting to read about, but having objectives conveyed through it were always lame, I thought. Having short objectives told through VO would be nice and not take away from the game. Also if you do the text netrisca, being able to rotate the models of enemies around to inspect them would be nice... kind of like you're analyzing them.

Also, I feel bad that myself, and practically all these threads typically end up in a shit-on SS2/SS3 sort of dialogue. They're not bad games by any means, and I do enjoy them.. but damn TFE and TSE are just so up there in terms of player excitement and engagement. Also, Talos Principle makes me feel better about SS4. The fun memorable secrets were there. The music was there. It had story and great environments, with the only "problem" being that many levels were super flat, but the reworked levels really showed what can be done, and so I have high hopes for SS4 after that.

Last edited by MasterEvilAce; 04-16-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:36 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Secret levels. The game needs more secret levels.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:56 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Wake Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam(BG) View Post
Secret levels. The game needs more secret levels.
Oh, thank God someone finally mentioned it. That feel when you discover those two secret levels in TFE for the first time - priceless! Unfortunately, I don't give this idea too high hopes, as nowadays Croteam'll most likely make another paid DLC with a couple of scrapped alpha/beta-era levels instead of giving'em with the original game.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:57 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Also Super Secret levels (Secret levels hidden within Secret levels). They should contain an unique weapon and/or enemy that cannot be found anywhere else in the game. Like how in (Brutal) Doom 2 the secret Wolfenstein level has Nazis and an exclusive MP40 submachinegun
Old 04-17-2016, 05:46 AM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreekNik View Post
Oh, thank God someone finally mentioned it. That feel when you discover those two secret levels in TFE for the first time - priceless! Unfortunately, I don't give this idea too high hopes, as nowadays Croteam'll most likely make another paid DLC with a couple of scrapped alpha/beta-era levels instead of giving'em with the original game.
Yeah, even if they're just small maps they give you a reason to replay the game. It's great when you finish a game, then talk with someone about it and you find out you missed something entirely. That's the same way I found out about Moon Mountains and Sacred Yards.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 04-17-2016, 09:33 AM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
Yeah, even if they're just small maps they give you a reason to replay the game. It's great when you finish a game, then talk with someone about it and you find out you missed something entirely. That's the same way I found out about Moon Mountains and Sacred Yards.
I found about Moon Mountains and Sacred Yards by playing coop with random people.
Also, I agree with GoG. A secret level inside a secret level would be quite cool!
Hm... what if one of the secret level was actually a modified version of a map from the Classic games? That would be quite cool!
Old 04-17-2016, 10:55 AM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

It's missing attention and care for the Multiplayer
Old 04-17-2016, 12:07 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

SS2

Dont need a big ass story, or production.
It just needs to be FUN.

Look at all the great shooters.
Crap story, fun gameplay.

I would rather have great fun gameplay than story, or graphics, or anything else really.
If its not fun, then what good is a great story? What good are great graphics?
Check out Merchants of Brooklyn (changed name to Drug Wars, cuz bad rep). For its time, great graphics, but the gameplay just wasnt fun.

SS4 needs to be fun, and nothing else.

My opinion.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Warmonger is offline Send a message via ICQ to Warmonger

I still miss warped gravity and enemies riding each other in custom SS1 maps. Maps like Rusutaku Assault, Real Fight Night and Palenque Temple absolutely blew my mind back then, sniff. SS4 must show something that other shooters don't have and the idea of "it's similiar to other games from 15-20 years ago" doesn't work anymore.

Last edited by Warmonger; 04-20-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:05 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  

What Serious Sam is missing and nobody seems to write about is a strong flying enemy, a Biomech of the skies. And by that I don't mean hitscan crap like the technopolip or that hypno witch, but a projectile weapon based Cocademon or something. I don't remember what there was in SS2, but I saw there was a firebreathing Pegasus in the Next Encounter, that is not bad, and it fits in the same "mythology" aspect of the game as do harpies. Instead it being a Pegasus they could simply make it a male version of the harpy species, like you had a male and a female gnaar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finzy
Make the game feel like an adventure again.
THIS ! THIS ! THIS !

The classics were an action adventure. You had real ancient settings, you were searching for ancient artifacts during both games, you had mythological creatures mixed with sci-fi and fantasy elements.

If first two/three games were in the style of SS3 I may not even get interested in the series that much, it would just look like a cheap 90s Doom ripoff. Not many FPS have that adventure feel like the classics.

SS2 was a bit silly, but it still is one of the most fun and colorful FPS games out there, with unmatched enemy and level variety. If they could remake SS2 in the style of TSE HD and tweak few things around it would probably be the best in the series. Heck, even The Next Encounter remake would probably be damn good, better and more interesting than SS3 for sure.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:44 AM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

SS2 has lot of fantasy & Mythology & Historical enemies too.

Examples are: Albino Cyclops, Bone Snake, Centaur, Cerberus, Football Player (just look at Warhammer Blood Bowl), Harpy, Hellchick, Kleer Skeleton, Lizard, Martial Arts Master, Martial Arts Zombie, Primitive, Yagoda the Witch, Zombie Soldier & Zombie Stockbroker.

Examples for a mix of Fantasy & SciFi: Orc Commander, Orc Destroyer, Orc Grunt, Orc Gunner.

There moee enmies with mixed influences.

In the End i can't say that the Enemy Design of SS2 is silly.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:45 AM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
What Serious Sam is missing and nobody seems to write about is a strong flying enemy, a Biomech of the skies.
Isn't that what the heavy technopolip in SS3 was? A biomech (major) of the skies? Too bad we only ever encountered it against Ughzy with a jetpack where all enemies were completely irrelevant since you were moving too fast for any of them to present a danger. But technically, it was there.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:42 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Actually, it was a Scrapjack of the skies (same projectile, attack pattern).

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:53 AM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasser View Post
Isn't that what the heavy technopolip in SS3 was? A biomech (major) of the skies? Too bad we only ever encountered it against Ughzy with a jetpack where all enemies were completely irrelevant since you were moving too fast for any of them to present a danger. But technically, it was there.
No, we have "UUUUUGE" problem with hitscan! It's sooooo unfair there are hitscan enemies... Only the player must be allowed to own hitscan weapons. Because we are getting old and can't deal with such enemies anymore. And make the projectiles slower. And with less damage. And the enemies - with slower firerate. And so on, and so on...
Old 04-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

He's talking about the "heavy technopolip", which only appeared during the final boss battle. It's a technopolip that shoots rocket projectiles.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:45 PM   #23   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
He's talking about the "heavy technopolip", which only appeared during the final boss battle. It's a technopolip that shoots rocket projectiles.
I finished the game two times and didn't even realize there were actually two types of technopolips and that those were shooting rockets there Even if they used it more in SS4, IMO that is not good enough, you would have a Biomech Major, Heavy Tecnopolip and Scrapjack shooting same stuff at you, not to mention it looks the same like the technopolip "lite". It should be something more memorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam(BG)
No, we have "UUUUUGE" problem with hitscan! It's sooooo unfair there are hitscan enemies... Only the player must be allowed to own hitscan weapons. Because we are getting old and can't deal with such enemies anymore. And make the projectiles slower. And with less damage. And the enemies - with slower firerate. And so on, and so on...
Enemies with hitscan weapons in a fast paced game that asks for a lot of movement and projectile dodging can easily break the game. Doom avoids it by giving hitscan weapons to weakest enemies, and that slow spider demon thing. Same is in SS with soldiers and arachnoids. But with the technopolip they crossed the line; it is flying, resistant to most weapons, dodges the rockets, looks boring, is boring to fight, and is overall a bad enemy design IMO.

Same can be told for the Witch Bride and jumping monkeys. Witch bride could be redesigned to spawn or heal enemies, and/or throw objects and/or enemies/kamikazes at you, which IMO would be far more interesting than what she is now. She has a lot of potential. IMO space monkeys should not appear in the games anymore.

Last edited by AntonioR; 04-21-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:54 PM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
What Serious Sam is missing and nobody seems to write about is a strong flying enemy, a Biomech of the skies. And by that I don't mean hitscan crap like the technopolip or that hypno witch, but a projectile weapon based Cocademon or something. I don't remember what there was in SS2, but I saw there was a firebreathing Pegasus in the Next Encounter, that is not bad, and it fits in the same "mythology" aspect of the game as do harpies. Instead it being a Pegasus they could simply make it a male version of the harpy species, like you had a male and a female gnaar.
Basically bringing back the dragonman from the tfe early alpha That firebreathing pegasus thingy in NE was based on it
Old 04-21-2016, 01:04 PM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I'm not agree with you. SS3 introduced the most interesting enemies in the franchise, since the FE. And they have no need to be "downgraded" just because bunch of sissies are crying "Oh noo, this makes my game so hard and unfair".

Space Monkeys are easy - use the mutilator, and have no problem.
Witch-bride - they are increasing the tension, making you look arround, away from the other enemies, just to keep an eye where will spawn and prevent catching you, then must turn back on the ordinary horde, but in the meantime you must keep still eye... Well, you got the point. And that was sort of cool in the game. Yet, exept the first one-two times, until i figure how to deal with them, i met no problem with the witch-bride.
And Technopolips - yup, they are pain in the ass, but also they appear only a few times in the game and you have always a lot of explosives (even for the first one), so they are not big problem too.

IMO all SS3 enemies must reappear in the next games.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:54 PM   #26   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam(BG) View Post
I'm not agree with you. SS3 introduced the most interesting enemies in the franchise, since the FE. And they have no need to be "downgraded" just because bunch of sissies are crying "Oh noo, this makes my game so hard and unfair".

Space Monkeys are easy - use the mutilator, and have no problem.
Witch-bride - they are increasing the tension, making you look arround, away from the other enemies, just to keep an eye where will spawn and prevent catching you, then must turn back on the ordinary horde, but in the meantime you must keep still eye... Well, you got the point. And that was sort of cool in the game. Yet, exept the first one-two times, until i figure how to deal with them, i met no problem with the witch-bride.
And Technopolips - yup, they are pain in the ass, but also they appear only a few times in the game and you have always a lot of explosives (even for the first one), so they are not big problem too.

IMO all SS3 enemies must reappear in the next games.
I guess you missed my point and even call me a sissy in the process. I'm not saying the enemies mentioned are too hard, I say they are boring and break the gameplay. After three games dodging kleers was still fun in SS3, but after seeing these new ones for the second time I already started rolling my eyes.

Also I wouldn't call giving the Witch Bride new abilities a "downgrade". As I said she has a lot of potential as an enemy, being a "witch" and all, there could be several types of her with different "magic" and telekinetic abilities. Heck, maybe make 2-3 of them "commanders" of the Mental armies and mini bosses; "Witch Queens" or something. Anything is better than her just floating in the air and taking away control, I feel it is a waste.

Last edited by AntonioR; 04-21-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:23 PM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Sorry for offending you, just got pissed of people, who are arguing how the game is unbalanced, which I understand as "too hard for me".

I'm agree for several variations of each enemy in the spirit of FE. But only in case their SS3 origins will appear untouched as well.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:39 PM   #28   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I agree with AntonioR.
All of those were bad enemy designs, and boring.
I would add one more:
The spider/bug/thingies.
They were SO generic, and on the ground sucked the fun out of the play.
On the walls/cieling was ok, since they gave you a different form of playstyle.

But, what is REALLY needed is MIXED enemies attacking you, not just 1 type at a time/location.
We need like at least 3 types of enemies attacking, maybe just 1 for 20 seconds, then add another WITH the first for a bit, then add a 3rd enemy while having the first 2 coming at you.

IMO this was one of the big failures of SS3.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:28 AM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

I agree about the lack of variations of the new enemies, but the enemies itself are not boring.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:26 PM   #30   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Khnums are badass tho.