Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 4

Serious Sam 4 The place to talk about Croteam's next title: Serious Sam 4! What do you know? What do you hope to see in the next Sam game?

View Poll Results: What Croteam will show at E3?
Serious Sam 4 15 36.59%
Serious Sam 2 HD 4 9.76%
Talos Principle 2 1 2.44%
Something Else (inb4 Football Glory HD) 11 26.83%
Banana 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2016, 06:53 PM   #31   Add To Ignore List  

Default Re: SS4 on E3? Or maybe something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
I disagree that VR is a gimmicky thing.. sure, it's mostly still very experimental, but there's a lot of potential in the games that are being released. Personally I'm excited to see where it goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAngus View Post
VR is in it's infancy so of course developers have not mastered it yet. That is pretty much a universal law of nature.
I said games are gimmicky, not VR itself, though it is obviously flawed.

You can't move freely and it can't be fixed, that limits the games that can be made for it. Yes you can walk around in a room(cage to be precise) and use the controllers to pick stuff up, but can't move infinitely and jump around and do crazy stuff like in normal games or you will get sick. You can say that eventually you will get Fallout 5 for it and that you will get used to it and won't get motion sickness, but I highly doubt it will be so for most people. I spent my whole life commuting in the bus, and still if I don't look out the window while in a car/bus I get sick.

There is a reason Oculus prototype was introduced with Doom 3, but on launch we got Lucky's tale. For general consumer games like that simply wouldn't work.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:03 PM   #32   Add To Ignore List  
s! shitposter

anyone mind going back to the topic?

i'm curious if sam4 is being teased or not

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 06-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #33   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-ReXx View Post
>seriouszone
>on topic conversations

But yea, my bet is STILL SS2HD, and I'm with it till the last minute.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:16 PM   #34   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Guys, do you remember back in 2014, when there was announced a humble-bumb-dumb-... whatever... So, if you buy it, you funding SS4. And we were waiting for Serious Sam 4 reveal at E3 and when E3 came - BAM! The Talos Principle. I still remember the disappointment which I've felt back then. Later of course Talos became one of my favorite games, but I think if they do the same thing now, the disappointment will be twice bigger. And they know it.

So - SS4 is coming!
Old 06-03-2016, 12:17 PM   #35   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-ReXx View Post

i'm curious if sam4 is being teased or not
Wait... Didn't you just leave the forums for good?

Last edited by Targ3t; 06-03-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:36 PM   #36   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam(BG) View Post
Guys, do you remember back in 2014, when there was announced a humble-bumb-dumb-... whatever... So, if you buy it, you funding SS4. And we were waiting for Serious Sam 4 reveal at E3 and when E3 came - BAM! The Talos Principle. I still remember the disappointment which I've felt back then. Later of course Talos became one of my favorite games, but I think if they do the same thing now, the disappointment will be twice bigger. And they know it.

So - SS4 is coming!
All the reason why you shouldn't wait for SS4 on E3, because then it will be something else again.

Meaning, that you should wait for something else on E3, so it can become SS4.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:51 PM   #37   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I said games are gimmicky, not VR itself, though it is obviously flawed.

You can't move freely and it can't be fixed, that limits the games that can be made for it. Yes you can walk around in a room(cage to be precise) and use the controllers to pick stuff up, but can't move infinitely and jump around and do crazy stuff like in normal games or you will get sick. You can say that eventually you will get Fallout 5 for it and that you will get used to it and won't get motion sickness, but I highly doubt it will be so for most people. I spent my whole life commuting in the bus, and still if I don't look out the window while in a car/bus I get sick.

There is a reason Oculus prototype was introduced with Doom 3, but on launch we got Lucky's tale. For general consumer games like that simply wouldn't work.
Again disagreed, this is still very much in development and good strives towards movement are being made. Motion sickness is always a problem, but there's always ways around it, and those ways are being perfected a lot.

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 06-03-2016, 12:58 PM   #38   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

I predict that during the development of SS4, Croteam was experimenting with driving mechanics. As more time was spent honing the driving mechanics, Croteam realized they had the foundation of a really unique racing game. So they decided to put the development for SS4 on hold and focus on a new racing IP.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:53 PM   #39   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Again disagreed, this is still very much in development and good strives towards movement are being made. Motion sickness is always a problem, but there's always ways around it, and those ways are being perfected a lot.
What is even going on in the video, is he trying to mimic pushing himself with his arms or something to avoid motion sickens ? Next thing you know he will make a wheelchair simulator, where you fall out of it, and struggle to crawl back in it using your arms. It will then get several awards for pushing the limits of what a game can be, but it all still proves my point, you can't fix motion sickens, only work around it with limited results.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:16 PM   #40   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
I predict that during the development of SS4, Croteam was experimenting with driving mechanics. As more time was spent honing the driving mechanics, Croteam realized they had the foundation of a really unique racing game. So they decided to put the development for SS4 on hold and focus on a new racing IP.
Oh lawdy.

Still though, somehow I think it'd be awesome. Maybe after finishing The Racing Principle Croteam would refocus on Serious Sam 4. Maybe they would dabble with some ball mechanics and then bam, Football Glory HD.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 06-03-2016, 03:25 PM   #41   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Actually, a wheelchair simulator could already work, because the way to get around motion sickness in VR game right now if you are standing on a moving platform or a vehicle or something; thanks to us being mostly used to be in moving vehicles.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:34 PM   #42   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/Sacorguy79/paintskillsoffthecharts.png
Old 06-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #43   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Actually, a wheelchair simulator could already work, because the way to get around motion sickness in VR game right now if you are standing on a moving platform or a vehicle or something; thanks to us being mostly used to be in moving vehicles.
It's already there, though I wasn't talking about that. It's just another example how people need to reinvent movement in games, but at the end it's not the full freedom VR people talked about just a year or two ago, like in that Doom 3 demo. Mech simulators, driving and flying games in a cockpit will probably all work great though.

YouTube Video: Star VR wheelchair

Last edited by AntonioR; 06-03-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:42 PM   #44   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
As a huge fan of racing games, I'd love this and support the hell out of this.

CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 06-03-2016, 06:02 PM   #45   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Mental4 is offline Send a message via MSN to Mental4

Sigils Of Elohim 2 xD

Seriously, I suppose it's Serious Sam 4, but I hope it's Serious Sam 2 HD (but I dream).

My futures mappack:
- Mental4's deathmatch (and survival) mappack (SS3)
- Arachnophobia (SS2)
- Survival map pack (SSHD)
- The Great Adventure: Part 7 (SSSE or SSR)
- The Great Adventure 2 (SS2)
Old 06-03-2016, 06:07 PM   #46   Add To Ignore List  
Wake Up

I think they'd have a much bigger pre-promotional hype campaign and hints if they wanted to reveal SS4. Also I think CT said once that they don't want to spoil the game too early before the release as it was with SS3 and its numerous delays.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:01 PM   #47   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreekNik View Post
I think they'd have a much bigger pre-promotional hype campaign and hints if they wanted to reveal SS4.
Why? That is not the behavior that they have been demonstrating so far. They did not say a word about Talos before it was revealed during E3. SS4 is going to be a bigger event than Talos but they actually have mentioned it beforehand.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:30 AM   #48   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Quote:
I wasn't kidding about wanting Serious Kart Racing... o_o

But ONLY AFTER SS4 of course.

My Charizard was banned in the Geneva Conventions.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:28 AM   #49   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Hehe
That would be cool.
IF they didnt mess up the driving mechanics like they did the MP movement.

I actually wouldnt mind this.
Someone else getting into the racing genre, that arent bound by the 4 freakin same racing games getting churned out month after month.
Maybe they could bring something fresh to the table.
You never know.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:23 AM   #50   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Please don't add vehicles in SS4...
https://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gifhttps://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gifhttps://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gifhttps://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gifhttps://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gifhttps://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gifhttps://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gifhttps://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gif
Old 06-04-2016, 06:43 AM   #51   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

TrackMania 3: Serious

Old 06-04-2016, 10:19 AM   #52   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam(BG) View Post
https://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gifhttps://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gifhttps://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gifhttps://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gifhttps://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gifhttps://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gifhttps://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gifhttps://www.kaminata.net/forum/images/smilies/eusa_pray.gif
What do you have against vehicles?
Old 06-04-2016, 11:20 AM   #53   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

I have been toying around with the idea of using weaponless vehicles for transportation in the non-linear levels I have mentioned before.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:45 AM   #54   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
I have been toying around with the idea of using weaponless vehicles for transportation in the non-linear levels I have mentioned before.
Defiance (vidya game) did/does this very well, imo.
Strictly a vehicle to get from point A to point B.
But, they also gave different vehicles, some fast but not able to turn well (turn = handling), some slow but turns well, some slow turns aweful, some fast turns aweful, etc.
They also gave different size vehicles, like atv, atc, dune buggy, challengers, trucks, durango's, 4 person vehicles (bigger dune buggies), etc etc

If you havent played the game, its free.
Worth it to check out a good driving system for just driving, but you will have to put some hours into it to get different vehicles, to check them against each other.
Or just do your own thing.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:40 PM   #55   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Quote:
What would be the point though?

Old 06-05-2016, 12:43 PM   #56   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

...? Vehicles are faster than travelling on foot?
Old 06-05-2016, 12:50 PM   #57   Add To Ignore List  

Gordon Freeman is faster than vehicles. Add rideable Gordon Freeman.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:08 PM   #58   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

What about...

Sonic?
Old 06-06-2016, 02:32 AM   #59   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Quote:
...? Vehicles are faster than travelling on foot?
I guess what I'm trying to say is, why have all that boring empty space in the first place? What does driving around everywhere add to the experience? I think it would actually lessen the experience with boredom to be honest.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:54 AM   #60   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13320625_1079493418740804_1617654045908925902_o.jpg