Seriously!
Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam HD > Serious Sam HD Workshop

Serious Sam HD Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam: HD projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #91  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Solais is offline Steam ID: SolaisYosei
Default Re: [PROJECT]Serious Sam HD: Extended

No, and I know he is talented well enough. Tried his stuff looong ago.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #92  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Steam ID: Valerie-Valens Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens Twitter: LadyFuzztail Youtube: JoanMichele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
No. You must have the DLC for the project to work. It uses DLC materials all over the place, and not just the Khnums. One of the main thing of the project is merging the DLC with the original campaign after all. Don't worry if you can't get the DLC for a long while, it's not like this project will be done tomorrow, it has a long way to go still, and the editable official levels for SSHD are not confirmed yet.

And there won't be Khnums "everywhere". It's a late tier enemy, it will appear on some later levels and that's it, since it's a powerful enemy.
inb4 someone makes a 1000 Khnum challenge map.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #93  
s! shitposter

T-ReXx is offline PSN ID: RealT-ReXx Steam ID: thetrexx Send a message via Skype™ to T-ReXx Twitter: @omgitstrexx Youtube: TheRealTReXx

Hey just remembered, will extra enemy variations appear on the editor?
[SIZE="4"]If there comes one, I'll make a 10000 Khnums challenge!!! [SIZE]
11:02 PM - Target: If I see meme in your post for the third time, there will be truly no away for your cheeks.
2:02 AM - T-ReXx: a meme
2:04 AM - Target: I am gonna get your naked ass, T-ReXx
2:06 AM - Target: I will suck your rectum as if was a spaghetti noodle until there is nothing left to suck off!

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no

Scratch: Edit: fuck there was another page, T-ReXx off-the-page-ninja
Old 03-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #94  
Witch Bride

dragon99919 is offline Steam ID: dragon99919 Send a message via Skype™ to dragon99919 Facebook: dragon99919 Youtube: dragon99919

That's pretty obvious that they will appear in the editor, as they appear in game archive?
Old 03-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #95  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

YouTube Video: Clerical Wards WiP showcase

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #96  
Me? Serious? How?

Lavama is offline PSN ID: Lavama- Steam ID: Lavama

Looking nice Solais! Nice work so far!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #97  
s! shitposter

T-ReXx is offline PSN ID: RealT-ReXx Steam ID: thetrexx Send a message via Skype™ to T-ReXx Twitter: @omgitstrexx Youtube: TheRealTReXx

Goooood!
11:02 PM - Target: If I see meme in your post for the third time, there will be truly no away for your cheeks.
2:06 AM - Target: I will suck your rectum as if was a spaghetti noodle until there is nothing left to suck off!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #98  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Hello everyone, I need help in deciding a major change in SSHD Extended.

One of the main goals of the mod would be expanding the lore and the world of Serious Sam, so everything feels connected, with a story behind it, for a world that can be immersed into, and having a great adventure in it while doing so.

In a way, Serious Sam was kinda always about the levels and the gameplay, but never about the story, but I always thought that there was a potential there to make everything much deeper for those who want to get into it, while others who only care about the action would only receive more action as a result, without the world getting in the way.

However, while building the world from the bits and pieces of TFE and TSE's story and Netricsa messages, I've noticed a huge, gaping hole in the continuity and history:

There's a discrepancy between the dates of Egypt and the South American episode. Sam arrives in 1378 B.C. at Hatshepsut, yet in the first TSE netricsa message, it is said that the Holy Grail is about 400 years away in time. Now, considering the mythos of the Holy Grail, that thing shouldn't be existing in around 900 B.C. The second error in a netricsa message in Valley of the Jaguar mentions that the Crystal Skull was made out from the remains of a Sirian Scout Ship that crashed down around 300 A.D.
So basically, Sam just jumped about 1600 years in the future after he took the Sirian Spaceship then crashlanded with it.

Further research also revealed that Persepolis also only existed between 550 BC and 330 BC, meaning that if we take the Mayan city of Palenque, which was developed in the Mayan Classic Era, around 226 BC - 1123 AD, Sam actually gone back in time again for the Persia episode.

But that is not all! There's also a geographical problem. Why is the Persian episode have Persepolis in it? Sure, Persepolis is Ancient-Persian, but where the Tower of Babel were, and all the legendary stuff, it was in BABYLON. It was already existing in 1894 BC, aka in 1378 BC as well. Babylon also had more connection to Gilgamesh as well, though it wasn't his city, but his city Uruk was built on the shores of the same river.
So, actually it would have made more sense if Sam would have crashed in Babylon instead, because that's at the same time as Egypt.

So right now, I'm thinking about switching up the two episodes. From what I know, the difficulty of the episodes in TSE are mostly the same, there'd only need a few tweaks here and there.

So I want to ask you, People of Ye Olde Forums, what do you think about this decision?

Last edited by Solais; 03-29-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #99  
#AltFurry

Valerie Valens is offline Steam ID: Valerie-Valens Send a message via AIM to Valerie Valens Twitter: LadyFuzztail Youtube: JoanMichele

I wouldn't mind the changes, but you may have to add even more Babylon/Persian/Sumerian levels to keep the structure of TSE where the first time period has the most levels.

Also, is an extra ancient Hellenic or China/japan episode planned?
Old 03-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #100  
s! shitposter

Holy shit. You wrote it so long. It was fun to read tough!

Anyway, I wouldn't mind changes... But does this result in playing Persepolis before Palenque? Or whatever... I didn't got much things there, I'll have to re-read it.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #101  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

There's the Feudal Japan episode planned yes, and that's only 3/4 levels, while taking place before Medieval. So that already got the TSE structure all messed up. As for more Persian levels, I don't plan adding more yet.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #102  
Kamikaze

you'll need to change the netrisca message in the first map, when you pick up the sniper, she said it in a way that is the first time you see it. She want you to "try it" (sierra de chiapas)
Old 03-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #103  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I do know that, yes. Among other things. But many Netricsa messages are planned to be rewritten anyways.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #104  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Dry Valley, a short, action focused level between Oasis and Dunes:

http://i.imgur.com/ZyMao67s.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Tu1zQuPs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/odzqmzZs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/yVxN2qss.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rtjiTTUs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/bx3c4Fzs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/D8KkQNXs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vW8HYiEs.jpg

Old 04-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #105  
Witch Bride

dragon99919 is offline Steam ID: dragon99919 Send a message via Skype™ to dragon99919 Facebook: dragon99919 Youtube: dragon99919

Looks great!
Can't wait to play the game with all that new stuff!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #106  
Me? Serious? How?

Well Solais, it's well done! Can't wait to finally get to try it out!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #107  
T-Mech

Serious Wolfer is offline Steam ID: SeriousWolfer

This is gonna be AMAZING. I'm totally looking forward to this!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #108  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Alright, I think I've solidified the ideas around the Mod's NETRICSA repurpose to give you a little showcase about the changes. Please note that some of these are still Work In Progress, and things may change.

I've said before that SS1/SSHD's NETRICSA is the most perfect one in the whole series. It is also perfect for conveying story and most especially, Lore, in a way that is not getting in the way of gameplay much. Due to Extended focusing much on story and lore, I decided to change around how Netricsa messages are structured in Extended. You may notice some aesthetic changes as well, like the color and the background.

http://i.imgur.com/O6SO6X7l.jpg

STRATEGY tab is now called GENERAL. On this tab, you'll find three kinds of messages, with the prefixes "General", "Location" and "Tablet". Their meaning is the following:

General: General information about the mission, of important findings and such information. For example, the messages about "Sirian Pictograms" and the "Rising Obelisk" will belong here, as they are important information about the story.

Location: Information about the levels, just like how the STRATEGY tab was used before.

Tablet: In Extended, you'll be able to collect Lore Tablets that are hidden through the levels. While optional, collecting all of these will give you a specific backstory about what was happening "behind your back", what happened to the Sirians and such. There's a story each episode.

http://i.imgur.com/rdoM53Rl.jpg

HINTS were not changed and have the same purpose as before. ENEMIES are also not changed much, just the structuring of their messages. Now, instead of the messages having only two sections (DESCRIPTION and TIPS), there are three sections, with the new one focusing on the specific variation of an enemy type.

http://i.imgur.com/PJedtLYl.jpg

WEAPONS was changed to ITEMS. There are three prefixes here as well:

Weapon: The original weapon descriptions.

Item: Description of items, like health, armor and powerups you find in the game.

Key: Description of key items found in the game.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #109  
Khnum

Serious Sam(BG) is offline Send a message via Skype™ to Serious Sam(BG)

Good job. Btw, i can help you with the time-paradox holes Contact me on skype. Will help with pleasure.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #110  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

What?

Old 04-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #111  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Alright, I think I've solidified the ideas around the Mod's NETRICSA repurpose to give you a little showcase about the changes. Please note that some of these are still Work In Progress, and things may change.

I've said before that SS1/SSHD's NETRICSA is the most perfect one in the whole series. It is also perfect for conveying story and most especially, Lore, in a way that is not getting in the way of gameplay much. Due to Extended focusing much on story and lore, I decided to change around how Netricsa messages are structured in Extended. You may notice some aesthetic changes as well, like the color and the background.

http://i.imgur.com/O6SO6X7l.jpg

STRATEGY tab is now called GENERAL. On this tab, you'll find three kinds of messages, with the prefixes "General", "Location" and "Tablet". Their meaning is the following:

General: General information about the mission, of important findings and such information. For example, the messages about "Sirian Pictograms" and the "Rising Obelisk" will belong here, as they are important information about the story.

Location: Information about the levels, just like how the STRATEGY tab was used before.

Tablet: In Extended, you'll be able to collect Lore Tablets that are hidden through the levels. While optional, collecting all of these will give you a specific backstory about what was happening "behind your back", what happened to the Sirians and such. There's a story each episode.

http://i.imgur.com/rdoM53Rl.jpg

HINTS were not changed and have the same purpose as before. ENEMIES are also not changed much, just the structuring of their messages. Now, instead of the messages having only two sections (DESCRIPTION and TIPS), there are three sections, with the new one focusing on the specific variation of an enemy type.

http://i.imgur.com/PJedtLYl.jpg

WEAPONS was changed to ITEMS. There are three prefixes here as well:

Weapon: The original weapon descriptions.

Item: Description of items, like health, armor and powerups you find in the game.

Key: Description of key items found in the game.
Awesome!
Just wondering... How did you add message syste for items? It's script-controled like in SS3, so only the first item will trigger up the message?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #112  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Items and key messages might be added at specific times during the campaign. Important keys' messages will be added at the start of the next level, or after the cutscene where they are picked. For the non-important keys, they are added when they are first found (like ankhs or scarabs). For items like Health and Armor, they are added on the first level (it basically serves as a sort of "tutorial"), while the powerups when they first show up.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #113  
T-Mech

Now I'm starting to think Netricsa didn't have a lot of RAM to begin with. LOL
Old 04-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #114  
s! shitposter

Dude, it's year 2104 now. Get Serious! xD

Old 04-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #115  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

What are you talking about?

Old 04-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #116  
T-Mech

I'm just saying that now that you're adding more Netricsa messages, it's like it's RAM is being upgraded to carry them. That's all.

Edit: BTW Solais, is the Chainsaw, Flamethrower, and Sniper Rifle gonna be in the First Encounter part of the extended version?

Last edited by Serious Wolfer; 04-07-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #117  
Lurker

Dankzaii is offline Steam ID: SpazmadDankzaii

I think the idea of switching the levels is a bit bad, would ruin the original pacing for the game, asides, and at least in my opinion, building a story is not pretty much needed, since the game was intended to leave those gaps and weird time travels (time travels in the game are weird anyways ).

Not just that but, it'd be weird to be in Palenque in one level, then traveling to Persepolis and then going back into Palenque, sounds a bit pretty weird, and it'd destroy the game's original action pacing.

For me, it's not a good idea really, you should leave that gap as it is, no story needed, IMO.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #118  
Bio
Mechanoid

I agree with Danker. Swapping both episodes would ruin the pacing and it is not necessary.

Last edited by Bio; 04-14-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #119  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danker View Post
I think the idea of switching the levels is a bit bad, would ruin the original pacing for the game, asides, and at least in my opinion, building a story is not pretty much needed, since the game was intended to leave those gaps and weird time travels (time travels in the game are weird anyways ).

Not just that but, it'd be weird to be in Palenque in one level, then traveling to Persepolis and then going back into Palenque, sounds a bit pretty weird, and it'd destroy the game's original action pacing.

For me, it's not a good idea really, you should leave that gap as it is, no story needed, IMO.
If no story is needed, then I'd just scrap Extended altogether, because it is all about that. It's the main reason of its existence. And it's all about making the story having all the errors and inconsistencies eliminated, it is the original idea of the project. (Even Alen admitted that they should pay more attention to huge inconsistencies like this in the future.)

Also, you mistaken it, there won't be Palenque-Persepolis-Palenque, that is stupid. The Persia episode will come first (and Persepolis will be Babylon, because really, I have no idea why it is called Persepolis when everything in the game refers to it as Babylon), and then you'll travel to Palenque. This is now decided. There'll be a new first level to Persia anyways, and the pacing will be adjusted. Most of the pacing and the difficulty is about the same of all TSE episodes anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Wolfer View Post
Edit: BTW Solais, is the Chainsaw, Flamethrower, and Sniper Rifle gonna be in the First Encounter part of the extended version?
Only in secrets. It would ruin the variability of the game if I'd just give those weapons to the player too early.

Last edited by Solais; 04-14-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #120  
Me? Serious? How?

I guess going Persia-Palenque makes much more sense timeline wise. If not, why didn't Mental go and make Palenque harder to access? Just common military logic. Throw everything you have plus what's already there and it should work. Riiiiight?