Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Serious Sam

Serious Sam This is the place to discuss anything that either spans multiple games or doesn't fit with one specific game!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

Default SS:TL

Serious Sam: Timeline
http://i.imgur.com/kjpPjyB.png

Could someone, preferably CT, finish this? Poster? Huh?

Yes, this is an ugly beginner's design. Yes, this may be all wrong time travel. I am just trying to start something. Could have something to do with release order (top is SS:TFE, second below is SS:TSE, so on)? Dates will need to be placed on the timeline. Perhaps each line could be each planets? Mental touch many planets that SS may haven't even know about? Are "HD" version something else or just a upscale of classics?

I don't know where to post this, so it's in here SS4.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:58 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Default Re: SS:TL

Well... the only thing I can say is that SS2 does not belong on the timeline at all because it non-canon.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

Quote:
non-canon
Interesting... I would guess it should be there (with mention what's "it" doing in there being "non-canon")?
Old 03-07-2016, 02:26 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I can't really make any sense of this timeline. What, so, Sam went back in time to SS3 (which is a prequel before he did any time travelling), and apparenly TFE and TSE is in the Future??? And SS2 is in the past? What the hell...

Anyways, I do plan to make a timeline image eventually, probably after SS4 is out.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:48 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Also, I don't think any of the Serious Sam Indie Series games is considered canon by Croteam. Only their main games except Serious Sam 2 (so TFE, TSE, Sam3 and beyond).
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 03-07-2016, 07:15 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

http://memeshappen.com/media/created/dafuq-IS-THAT-meme-8770.jpg
Old 03-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais
I can't really make any sense of this timeline. What, so, Sam went back in time to SS3 (which is a prequel before he did any time travelling), and apparenly TFE and TSE is in the Future??? And SS2 is in the past? What the hell...

Anyways, I do plan to make a timeline image eventually, probably after SS4 is out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNT
Yes, this is an ugly beginner's design. Yes, this may be all wrong time travel.
If you L@@K at the top-right corner, you would S@@ that the two arrows are present time (today). All the other arrows (blue and purple) are the time travels (as in this ugly diagram, back in past).

Notice Mental left while SS was in moma's womb or while SS was a baby or a child... again, the black line under SAMMY should be shorter, like start at where Mental abandoned Sammy.

I hope this is as ugly bad to get you guys to "pretty" it up!
Old 03-07-2016, 10:46 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

http://i.imgur.com/rzGHeev.jpg
Old 03-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

It still doesn't make much sense, whichever way I try to look at it...
Old 03-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
ZynChroMaTiK

My version of timeline

SS4 -> SSBFE -> SSFE -> SSSE -> SSNE & SSAdv -> SS2 (maybe)

Based on publishing date and Croteam's intentions of time
Old 03-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
and apparenly TFE and TSE is in the Future???
Both games take place after BFE (future) but the locations you end up in take place before BFE (past).

Sooo....kinda technically both.
Time travel is fun right?

It would be fun to play an SS game where you undo or change moments in SS3 and SS1 by doing something in the past.

Last edited by Deepblue; 03-07-2016 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:30 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Chronologically it's Sam3 -> TFE -> TSE, but only Sam3 takes place in Sam's time. At the end of Sam3 he warps to ancient Egypt, and crashes in South America at the start of TSE at the same time TFE takes place in. Then he uses the Time Lock to warp to Persepolis, travels to Babylon, then warps to Medieval Europe. This is all in the B.C., by the way.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 03-07-2016, 02:08 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZynX View Post
My version of timeline

SS4 -> SSBFE -> SSFE -> SSSE -> SSNE & SSAdv -> SS2 (maybe)

Based on publishing date and Croteam's intentions of time
Thank you for helping and insights... question, would all this occurred before SS current/natural time (e.g., SS2 (maybe) is before SS was born)?

Also, did Mental travel back to start his empire or he started in his natural life, and invented the time machine, then traveled backwards, so on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
It would be fun to play an SS game where you undo or change moments in SS3 and SS1 by doing something in the past.
I did thought of that... why not! SS should be able to travel to pick up a weapon he left in other series, then come back with it? Should there be travel machine sites throughout the game (like 2 or 3 sites), and it's something optional (not required to finish the game). This is little OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
Chronologically it's Sam3 -> TFE -> TSE, but only Sam3 takes place in Sam's time. At the end of Sam3 he warps to ancient Egypt, and crashes in South America at the start of TSE at the same time TFE takes place in. Then he uses the Time Lock to warp to Persepolis, travels to Babylon, then warps to Medieval Europe. This is all in the B.C., by the way.
Can you draw?

Last edited by Discy; 03-08-2016 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Triple post merge
Old 03-07-2016, 02:44 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discy View Post
Actually, that's where the TSE plothole is. According to Netricsa, when you are in South America, you are 500 years away from the Holy Grail, which is in the Medieval episode; around 1000 AD. 500-ish AD fits with the Mayan culture existing, but not with the Ancient Egyptian one, especially because Sam was supposed to be in 1301 BC. So he somehow traveled 1800-ish years into the future when taking off with the spaceship.

All this is because originally Babylon was supposed to be the first episode (which somewhat fits with the time period; though Babylon and Persepolis are two completely different cities), but was mixed up for some unknown reason.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:50 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Actually, that's where the TSE plothole is. According to Netricsa, when you are in South America, you are 500 years away from the Holy Grail, which is in the Medieval episode; around 1000 AD. 500-ish AD fits with the Mayan culture existing, but not with the Ancient Egyptian one, especially because Sam was supposed to be in 1301 BC. So he somehow traveled 1800-ish years into the future when taking off with the spaceship.

All this is because originally Babylon was supposed to be the first episode (which somewhat fits with the time period; though Babylon and Persepolis are two completely different cities), but was mixed up for some unknown reason.
Can you draw?
Old 03-07-2016, 04:14 PM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Mental4 is offline Send a message via MSN to Mental4

For the timeline:

SS4 (if it's a prequel),SS3 Jewel Of the Nile, SS3BFE, SSFirst Encounter, SSSecondEncounter, SSNextEncounter and SS2.

After I dond't know where do you place The DLC SSHDSE:LegendOfTheBeast, SSAdvance SSDoubleD and SSRandomEncounter.

My futures mappack:
- Mental4's deathmatch (and survival) mappack (SS3)
- Arachnophobia (SS2)
- Survival map pack (SSHD)
- The Great Adventure: Part 7 (SSSE or SSR)
- The Great Adventure 2 (SS2)
Old 03-07-2016, 04:47 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
ZynChroMaTiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental4 View Post
For the timeline:

SS4 (if it's a prequel),SS3 Jewel Of the Nile, SS3BFE, SSFirst Encounter, SSSecondEncounter, SSNextEncounter and SS2.

After I dond't know where do you place The DLC SSHDSE:LegendOfTheBeast, SSAdvance SSDoubleD and SSRandomEncounter.
LOTB DLC inbetween SSFE, Advance is before or after NE (2113 AD), idk about RandomE either.

Last edited by ZynX; 03-07-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:49 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental4 View Post
For the timeline:

So the "Awww, momma's little man's all grown up." final boss was before SS3:BFE? I see... I thought the "Jewel Of the Nile" was something that SS got out of in the middle of SS3:BFE for a moment, then came back into SS3:BFE to continue finish the game? This is why I drew like that on the ugly diagram.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Wake Up

Jeez, this thread is horrible. Let's face it: there are 2 or more timelines in the SS universe.

Official/canon/original timeline: SS4 -> SS3 BFE + JOTN (events of JOTN happen in the middle of BFE!) -> TFE + LOTB (events of LOTB happen in the middle of TFE!) -> TSE

All the other games form their own non-canon or multiverse universe(s), usually without any connections between 'em, though we can certainly confirm that NE & Advance both happen in the same universe and timeline. I also personally think that Double D could also apply in this NE+A universe, since NE+A plotline actually set in the future after the war with Mental ended - at least as far as I remember, and Double D features that too.

Last edited by FreekNik; 03-07-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

Quote:
Jeez, this thread is horrible. Let's face it: there are 2 or more timelines in the SS universe.
Yes, this is why I started with TWO timelines (one for Mental and another for SS). Yet, there could be more, and overlap too. It will be interesting to see an finished graphical diagram TL.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:53 PM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

I personally designated two timelines:

Canon, PC: SS4 -> SS3 -> TFE -> TSE -> SS2Reboot

Noncanon, mostly console: SSXbox -> SS2 -> SSDD -> SSNE + A

Why SSDD after SS2: It takes place after Sam supposedly killed Mental; in the ending of SS2, everyone thinks Mental is dead, but Sam.
Why SSNE after SSDD: Because it just seems to be a story set after Sam returned home, which was mentioned at one point in SSDD.

But anyways, the console ones are noncanon and shouldn't be considered along with the canon games at all.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:09 PM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais
Make that "a work in progress"... and then (IF and only IF) when the final SS series is completed ("mission accomplish"), a final poster would be available?

If it wasn't for "Stream", the poster would be included in last SS DVD "golden" case.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:19 AM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Your image links are broke, mang.

My Charizard was banned in the Geneva Conventions.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:28 AM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Woaaah, there is such a mess in the heads of the fans, and in the mean time the timeline in SS is so easy:

1. Serious Sam 4 - prequel to Serious Sam 3 (takes time before the events of Serious Sam 3)
2. Serious Sam 3 (and it's timeline inside the game):
- Summer in Cairo;
- Into the spider's nest;
- Broken Wings;
- No place to hide;
- Under the Iron Cloud;
- The Silent Riddler;
- Unearthing the Sun;
- The Dark Bride;
- The Power of the Underworld;
- Gathering of the Gods (JotN)
- Together Forever (JotN)
- Born Again (Jotn)
- Lost temples of Nubia;
- The Last Man on Earth;
- Guardian of Time;

3. The First Encounter:
3.1. Levels from "Temple of Hatshepsut" to "Metropolis"
3.2. Levels from "The Legend of the Beast"
3.3. Levels from "Alley of the Sphinxes" to "The Great Pyramid"

4. The Second Encounter

Those are the canon games from the franchise listed in order of events. Everything else have no realtion to this games, events or timeline (sorry SS2 fans, accept it).

And btw I think (expressing personal opinion here) that the events from Palenque, Teotihuacan and Medieval take time A.D., not B.C. Also there is a kind of a plot hole - how Sam travels from B.C. ancient Egypt to A.D. Mayan cultural centers via the spaceship?
Old 05-26-2016, 06:18 PM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

Well, it could be that SS traveled into FE, then SE, then BFE... even if the timeframe was like BFE, FE, SE, but, it's how SS traveled in the order... make sense?
Old 05-26-2016, 06:24 PM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

No.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:27 AM   #27   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam(BG) View Post
Woaaah, there is such a mess in the heads of the fans, and in the mean time the timeline in SS is so easy:

1. Serious Sam 4 - prequel to Serious Sam 3 (takes time before the events of Serious Sam 3)
2. Serious Sam 3 (and it's timeline inside the game):
- Summer in Cairo;
- Into the spider's nest;
- Broken Wings;
- No place to hide;
- Under the Iron Cloud;
- The Silent Riddler;
- Unearthing the Sun;
- The Dark Bride;
- The Power of the Underworld;
- Gathering of the Gods (JotN)
- Together Forever (JotN)
- Born Again (Jotn)
- Lost temples of Nubia;
- The Last Man on Earth;
- Guardian of Time;

3. The First Encounter:
3.1. Levels from "Temple of Hatshepsut" to "Metropolis"
3.2. Levels from "The Legend of the Beast"
3.3. Levels from "Alley of the Sphinxes" to "The Great Pyramid"

4. The Second Encounter

Those are the canon games from the franchise listed in order of events. Everything else have no realtion to this games, events or timeline (sorry SS2 fans, accept it).

And btw I think (expressing personal opinion here) that the events from Palenque, Teotihuacan and Medieval take time A.D., not B.C. Also there is a kind of a plot hole - how Sam travels from B.C. ancient Egypt to A.D. Mayan cultural centers via the spaceship?

Exactly this is how the timeline is.

You can also create an alternative timeline with the non canon games sort of:

Serious Sam: Next Encounter (seems to still play in Sam's present timeline in the intro)
Serious Sam XBOX (same as SSFE and SE just more cartoony and more humor)
Serious Sam 2 (direct sequel to "SS XBOX" with the same cartoony style and even more silly humor)
Serious Sam: Double D (based on the ending of SS2 and how Sam mentions he killed Mental)

Last edited by Devostator; 05-27-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:43 PM   #28   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

Any graphical diagram timeline drawn yet?
Old 08-19-2016, 11:47 PM   #29   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

How about "Temporal Prime Directive" or would SS even met himself within some timeline?
Old 08-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #30   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Now where would Sam VR be set in the timeline? Unless it's non-canon.