Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 12:04 AM   #1   Add To Ignore List  

Default Serious Sam HD participates in Steam Summer Sale activities... new DLC as a prize

Man, you guys haven't noticed this yet? The Steam Summer Sale went live earlier today, and the HD games are on sale for 66% off. More importantly, Steam is running a little game where you can earn tickets by getting achievements in various games, and then trade them in for prizes. One of the prizes is a new DLC pack for The Second Encounter HD which adds 8 new multiplayer character models. You can get it by trading in 3 tickets, which means you have to get 3 achievements from their list.

It's worth noting that Devolver Digital hinted there will be an influx of SSHD owners this coming monday. That could mean the HD games will be a daily deal on monday for an even bigger discount, or it could mean one of the SS:HD achievements will get you a ticket for that day. Or it could be both, we'll just have to wait and see.

Links:

Steam Summer Sale Prizes (SS DLC is on the bottom row)

Serious Sam HD Gold Edition: $13.59
Serious Sam HD Double Pack: $10.19
First Encounter HD: $5.09
Second Encounter HD: $6.79
Old 07-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Albino Cyclops

Default Re: Serious Sam HD participates in Steam Summer Sale activities... new DLC as a prize

finally! Canned cain avaiable!
Old 07-02-2011, 04:11 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Default Re: Serious Sam HD participates in Steam Summer Sale activities... new DLC as a prize

What's the new achievement for SSHD, then?
Old 07-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
G-Type Crazy

AverageJoe is offline Send a message via AIM to AverageJoe

I didn't read anything about new achievements.

Acquire three existing ones that you haven't acquired yet and you can get new multilayer models.

Characters are mostly female.
Dark Delilah,
Cocoa Carla,
Cobalt Cinderella,
Green Greta,
Silver Sarah,

Canned Cain,
UghZahnIII, & <--wtf?
William Wytee

There should be screenshots of the models. What the flop is up with that?

Last edited by AverageJoe; 07-02-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
******** Digital

Read up on the Steam Summer Camp thing on their page. Each game in the promotion is getting new achievements that equate to points. Three points get's you one of the prizes like the new SSHD: SE character models. SSHD: SE will have two new achievements posting on Monday...
Old 07-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

How come the sale is not on the list of specials? Nobody is going to realize it is on sale unless they specifically check the game listing.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

New achievement has been added for SSHD: TFE: Swimming Instructor. It doesn't seem to be working right now though; I managed to lure a Kamikaze and a Gnaar into underwater at Oasis and have it die via drowning, but it didn't register.

Here's a list of what will drown and what won't in the first part of Oasis:

Kleer: No

Red Biomech: No. He can never get close enough to be lured underwater. He'll stop about right before the water starts and spam you with rockets.

Harpy: No. If you force her to get into her "walk on the ground" mode and get her where she should go completely under the water, she'll bob up and down like a buoy and never actually drown.

Kamikaze: Yes.

Gnaar: Yes.

Last edited by Squadala; 07-02-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
I tried to drown a harpy and she just stopped moving. Then I growned a gnaar and it said I got the achievement, but it is not listed on my profile.
I drowned a Kamikaze and a Gnaar multiple times, but it didn't register. I figure that's probably because it hasn't updated my game to add the new "definition" for it or w/e.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #9   Add To Ignore List  

Quote:
How come the sale is not on the list of specials? Nobody is going to realize it is on sale unless they specifically check the game listing.
The Specials tab is limited to 100 games. There are way more than 100 games on sale right now, so most of them aren't on that list. Plus, it's likely SS:HD will be one of the daily deals like it was during the holiday sale. It'll get front page exposure then.

As for the achievement not registering yet, a lot of the new achievements for this sale haven't been registering at first. I'd just wait until monday, since that's the day the achievement(s?) will officially become part of the whole Summer Camp promotion.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

The big question is:

When will the new characters be available?
Old 07-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Suddenly updates, to every Serious Sam HD thing, even the editor. I wonder what is it!

EDIT1: Though for some reason they always suspend themselves and everything.

EDIT2: They work now.
The First Encounter update added the Flamethrower and the Chainsaw to FE?

EDIT3: The Second Encounter update added the intro text from FE? This is Weird.

Last edited by Solais; 07-03-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

The models are pretty damn disappointing. Only 1/8 seems to be new. It does, however, give access to Ugh-Zan III for non-preorder players. The other 6 are recolours of previous models. I am disappointed. XD
Old 07-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Easy Peasey guide to getting the swimming instructor achievement:

1. Start Oasis in Easy mode.

2. When you get control of the player, turn left and go until you see a piece of armor. Grab it. A Gnaar will spawn.

3. Now, lure the Gnaar into the pool that you started in. This can be a bit tricky, as the Gnaar will stop moving if you get under it via jumping into the pool. If the Gnaar stops moving because you've jumped in the pool, get back to the ground level its on and slowly move to the pool so that it can follow you.

4. In order for it to die, it needs to be completely underwater. Once you've gotten to that point, swim above it and let it down to death. You'll get the achievement when its down.

Last edited by Squadala; 07-03-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Yeah, did it just like that, just before you posted.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
ECM
Werebull

For anyone still having trouble with the swimming instructor achievement, here's a pretty crappy/laggy demonstration:
http://video.xfire.com/49b23f-4.jpg

The key is to get the gnaar in front of where the drop-off is steepest, then just push him in. This sure brings back memories of intentionally drowning Mario in Mario 64...
Old 07-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Mental4 is offline Send a message via MSN to Mental4

New achievement ? Unlocked now ^^ Only one new achievement ? It's very easy =D

My futures mappack:
- Mental4's deathmatch (and survival) mappack (SS3)
- Arachnophobia (SS2)
- Survival map pack (SSHD)
- The Great Adventure: Part 7 (SSSE or SSR)
- The Great Adventure 2 (SS2)
Old 07-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Gnaar wouldn't go in, I kept going out then in the water, no dice, then a major biomech showed up and shot a rocket at the gnaar which pushed him in, and I was like "wow, thanks biomech!", then I paid my gratitude by giving him rockets.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

You can get up on the other side of the pool. Then shoot him with anything.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Outcome Generated

|LE|Suicidal is offline Send a message via AIM to |LE|Suicidal

Hmm... Not giving me the achievement...

Doesn't look like the achievement is in the list either...

Annnnnnnnd...it's for the First Encounter. Nevermind.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadala View Post
3. Now, lure the Gnaar into the pool that you started in. This can be a bit tricky, as the Gnaar will stop moving if you get under it via jumping into the pool. If the Gnaar stops moving because you've jumped in the pool, get back to the ground level its on and slowly move to the pool so that it can follow you.
Actually, if you jump while in the water, Sam will jump out of the water for a short moment and the gnaar will run at you as if you were on the ground. So basically, this step just involves jumping into the pool and then jumping out of the water till the gnaar goes all the way in.

Yeah, i know, i should have posted that last night .
Old 07-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

@Above: All the way? I've never gotten a Gnaar to go all the way.... thank god.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan Strife View Post
@Above: All the way? I've never gotten a Gnaar to go all the way.... thank god.
You had to bring out that rule 34 part of your brain, didn't you...
Old 07-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
BFE FTW

I don't have The Second Encounter yet. So, if I choose the new multiplayer character models then I'm going to have them after I buy The Second Encounter?

P.S.: I'm finally back on the forums
Old 07-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #24   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousCsaba View Post
I don't have The Second Encounter yet. So, if I choose the new multiplayer character models then I'm going to have them after I buy The Second Encounter?
Yes you will.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #25   Add To Ignore List  
BFE FTW

Quote:
Yes you will.
That's great, thank you
Old 07-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #26   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Yeah, I just added the Portal 2 gear to my account without owning Portal 2 (yet), and the license shows up on my account.