Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3

Serious Sam 3 Everything you want to know or say about Serious Sam 3!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Night Sparrow

Default BrideBC

So with Croteam planning on revealing a new puzzle game, I thought this might be relevant:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p120/Ryason55/BrideBC.jpg~original

These are the properties of an unused "BrideBCGame" entity in Serious Sam 3. Currently, these can only be accessed through the Templates used for dynamic entity spawning.

Judging by the parameters, this was supposed to control some kind of puzzle game. Assumably, it would've been block-pushing of some sort, given the "Push" and "Pull" player abilities. There are two player abilities I didn't show in the screenshot, being "Play Solution" and "Editor".

This seems mostly non-functional in it's current state, as attempting to spawn it through the aforementioned templates doesn't seem to actually do anything. The implementation seems a bit wierd, since these are properties (only entities are spawned during simulation), yet some of the parameters seem to indicate that these properties would run during simulation.

As well, this wasn't introduced in any recent patches; I was able to access this as soon as the entity spawning templates were introduced (which was more than a year ago). Whether or not this at all relates to Croteam's new puzzle game is yet to be determined.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Re: BrideBC

Huh, wow. I never even looked there in the Templates. I thought there are mostly stuff there we know.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.