Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 3

Serious Sam 3 Everything you want to know or say about Serious Sam 3!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

Default timeline... BFE

Actually, was the SS3:BFE actually BFE? I didn't catch the beginning of the SS story... In the BFE, there was monsters and Mental already was ahead of the game? Aren't we going to go further "Back to the Future" to learn what Mental came to about? A father of Sam Stone?

What about this link: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2.../bf/Mental.png (source: http://serioussam.wikia.com/wiki/Mental)

In Star Wars, there's young Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader... the point is there was a "complete" story line in there.

I haven't sat down and read "all" about SS yet. Is there a good (and in "English") story line about SS? http://serioussam.wikia.com/wiki/Serious_Sam_Wiki ?

Quote:
◾...that Ugh-Zan IV, the final boss of Serious Sam 3: BFE, is the biological father of Ugh-Zan III?
I think I am already getting lost in here.

So, lets start with... In the beginning, there was SAND!

Chuck
Old 11-04-2014, 02:06 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

Default Re: timeline... BFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNT View Post
I haven't sat down and read "all" about SS yet. Is there a good (and in "English") story line about SS?
Well, there is this: http://www.seriouszone.com/ssgold/festory.php. Seems to have been written around the time of the early alpha version. By the time of the final First Encounter, there are already deviations from the story, like how the Timelock is at Hatsepsut's temple instead of Abu Simbel, so my guess is they're not following this backstory anymore. So if there's a prequel to SS3 sometime in the future, we can only guess what it would include.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:04 AM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Actually, while SS3 diverted from that old Backstory, there are also a lot of references in SS3 about specific parts of that backstory. So many things in it can be considered to be canon.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
CNT
Albino Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfGaming View Post
It's alrighta. So SS (not SSS for Sam 'Serious' Stone?) was a Captain of a starship. Captain Kirk screamed 'KHAAAAAAN!' and Captain Picard didn't screamed for anyone, not even for the Borg? Just playin' around.

The story still left out the "I am your f..." sigh.

Chuck
Old 11-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Mental

Considering all the time travel with the timelocks, it would be rather neat to have things change now and again.

Maybe in the next game we could travel between several timelocks and change time and stuff. Maybe within a single level so we could unlock secrets or the next area of a level and stuff. Maybe miniature portable timelocks, perhaps made by people studying the larger originals and giving them to Sam to use.