Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2001, 09:28 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Who has made one run through all levels? I have cept Karnak but did the Pyramid in one here is my demo.
http://www.geocities.com/sosoometo/Sosoogp.zip
Would like to see othres demos too Thanks
might right click and save as on the link.
Old 10-18-2001, 10:07 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Phalin is offline Send a message via ICQ to Phalin Send a message via AIM to Phalin
What level were you on. I'm not going to d/l and look if you were on normal or easy.  LOL

There was a Karnak club here, you had to complete it on Serious without jumping, then post your demo.  

Why look for meaning where you know there is none? Would you follow a path you know leads nowhere?
Old 10-18-2001, 10:20 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

i made it to karnack on serious mode...but i did a butt load of jumpin...ROFL

i'm the freakin easter bunny when it comes to trying to dodge..LOL
Old 10-18-2001, 10:34 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  

sartophiketle is offline Send a message via ICQ to sartophiketle
Quote:
Quote: from Phalin on 1:07 pm on Oct. 19, 2001
What level were you on. I'm not going to d/l and look if you were on normal or easy. *LOL

There was a Karnak club here, you had to complete it on Serious without jumping, then post your demo. *
I think that should be no rocket jumping not normal jumping
Old 10-19-2001, 04:37 AM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

The demo is serious level sorry I forgot to mention tht.
Old 10-19-2001, 05:57 AM   #6   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Phalin is offline Send a message via ICQ to Phalin Send a message via AIM to Phalin
I watched the demo from the guy that started it and he never made a single jump all through it.  What can I say.  LOL

Why look for meaning where you know there is none? Would you follow a path you know leads nowhere?
Old 10-19-2001, 06:31 AM   #7   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Wait a second, what's the problem with jumping?

------------Single Player Map EYE OF RA ------------

"This is a really good map" (Pompey); "DAMN you've outdone yourself!" (Armern); "EYE OF RA IS ONE SWEET ASS MAP" (Scudz); "A great piece of work from getodac, including neat secrets, fun battles and amazing architecture" (Iirion Claus); "the visuals are great, well up to par with anything I've seen in the original game" (TenFourMaps)
Old 10-19-2001, 07:35 AM   #8   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Well there is no problem with rocket jump but the requirement for the club says that you must run through Karnak without using them,. The entire level one run, no saves.
Old 10-19-2001, 07:52 AM   #9   Add To Ignore List  
Fluffy Teletubby

I never managed to finish the game on Hard I'm not very going playing FPSes. Constantly gets fragged on LAN parties.
Old 10-19-2001, 10:19 AM   #10   Add To Ignore List  
salty pirate

Darth Plato is offline Send a message via AIM to Darth Plato
I have finished every level up to Metropolis without saving on Normal...does that count?

Oh, and I never rocket jump.  Ever.
Old 10-19-2001, 10:30 AM   #11   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Lirion, you have just destroyed
my mental image of you.

I thought you were the serious
sam god!

You still god of coding
and the forums though.
Old 10-19-2001, 01:02 PM   #12   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

AntiSnipe is offline Send a message via ICQ to AntiSnipe
I saw the sosoo demo. Pretty entertaining. I got a question for you though.

How did you make the demo with 3 parts. When I make one it only makes one file in a "temp" folder. I then move that file to the demos folder and it works, but it is HUGE. Yours was small. By huge I mean like 2 megs for 30 seconds!
Old 10-19-2001, 03:01 PM   #13   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Hey AntiSnipe, When you recoed a demo, ok while running the game choose the level you want the Demo of and press escape when the level loads. Then from the list choose Record Demo. When it starts it will display the name of the demo in the upper left hand corner and continously display Recording. Ok when you are finished recording your demo hit escape then choose stop recording Now close the gaqme and go to C:\Program Files\Croteam\Serious Sam\Demos. In that folder are all of the demos the demo records 3 files .dem .des and a tbin.hex which is the thumb nail, the other two files are txt info and the demo. I am not sure what you are doing to record your demos but try it like I explained. And pay attention to the upper left had corner when you statr that is the filename for the demo. Then you will be able to easily find you demo file. Another good way to find it if you forget is the date and time. Good Luck, hope this helps.

(Edited by SOSOO at 8:04 pm on Oct. 19, 2001)
Old 10-19-2001, 03:04 PM   #14   Add To Ignore List  
Universal Remonster

I can beat the game on hard but not Serious mode.
Old 10-19-2001, 04:13 PM   #15   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Quote:
Quote: from SOSOO on 9:37 am on Oct. 19, 2001
The demo is serious level sorry I forgot to mention tht.
What?!?!? That looks like normal or easy to me. There were no Green Devils or anything during the Kleer attacks. You had 999 bullets in the Chain gun.
Old 10-19-2001, 04:39 PM   #16   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Hey that is Serious Level you will just have to take my word for it, unless someone else has seen it and and will verify it. I have never seen any Green Devils at The Great Pyramid either? And as far as I know on Serious level the ammo loads are double as well as the ammo you pick up. It took me forever to do that demo also and have not been able to do it twice yet?
Old 10-19-2001, 05:00 PM   #17   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

Man they busted your link, I can't d/l the demo, They say they are Sorry though,  LOL

Old 10-19-2001, 06:00 PM   #18   Add To Ignore List  
Mapper

phalin try right clicking and then save target as, thats the only way it worked for me.

antisnipe, i think the green monsters etc. only appear on serious coop mode! and u do get that much ammo allowance, try it, i did earlier, got as far as the ramp on the pyramid, but i swear I had 5 times the number of kleers as u did Sosoo. pehaps they dont always spawn or something? anybody else noticed this?
Old 10-19-2001, 06:07 PM   #19   Add To Ignore List  
Scrapjack

Well......here is my version of Serious Mode with fast moving Kleers, and green devils! Don't worry, it doesn't last long. I perish quickly. You are right about the ammo.

Now lets see....HTF do I make a link here?

Seriously Demo

edit: Aaaaah, yes, I thought it was a 1 man C0-Op game....okay....it's all becoming clearer now massah.

(Edited by AntiSnipe at 11:25 pm on Oct. 19, 2001)
Old 10-19-2001, 06:21 PM   #20   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Hey Pompey alot of times if I cannot get to the ramp quick enough, lost of Kleer then? And also notice when Sam is standing at the top. Anyway alot more Kleer do spawn. Notice where Sam is standing on the ramp,at the top I mean, many run off by the statue. So I have noticed if I get to the ramp quick and up and stand right in that spot lots of Kleer fall off the ramp. Also the statue blocks the lazer shots from the beast. And also lots of mad bombers fall off the ramp too. But no Green monsters?
Old 10-19-2001, 06:26 PM   #21   Add To Ignore List  
Mapper

So theres room for improvement then , next time u gotta do it but kill everything!!! then i will be seriously impressed.
Old 10-19-2001, 06:35 PM   #22   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Pompey yup you are right I just I guess found a loop hole and did not have to face all the monsters. Hey but it is still difficult, but fun.

AntiStripe, yup your demo is a Coop level mine is Single player Pompey is correct. And no I cannot do that one at all either.
    Have Fun
Old 10-19-2001, 06:54 PM   #23   Add To Ignore List  
Witch Bride

LOL  your right about right clicking on it. Just got home from work and guess my mind was still fried.  Should have thought about that.  Or it could be I'm just getting old.