Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD

Serious Sam HD Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam HD, the official remake of SS:FE on Serious Engine 3.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Exclamation Issues with getting my content to appear

Hey all, nice of me to be here (Hopefully I made this topic in the right place)! I've been using the Serious Editor 3 for quite a bit & made some models to use in multiplayer.

Theres a bit of a problem though. I can create the. gro file & upload it to Steam workshop just fine. Whenever I try to open up SSHD: SE & look through the character list, they don't show up & the console isn't telling me any errors. Did I do something wrong or did I miss a step? (I followed Pan's tutorial)

Now when I don't use the .gro file & use them locally (ie creating separate folders for them with the texture & sounds), they work fine.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:09 PM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Default Re: Issues with getting my content to appear

Perhaps you've set up the .gro file up incorrectly? Which file is it so I can take a look for you? It'll be easier to solve your problem if I can see it.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
Perhaps you've set up the .gro file up incorrectly? Which file is it so I can take a look for you? It'll be easier to solve your problem if I can see it.
Well, its this pack I've been making of characters from Star Fox Assault.

I dunno how I set it incorrectly, I tried following the proper path format (Content\SeriousSamHD\Models\Player\) (I made a zip file, putted all the characters into the pack, used 7-Zip & changed the file extension to .gro)

But eh, maybe theres something I don't know, here the file: http://filesmelt.com/dl/Star_Fox_Ass...acter_pack.gro
Old 03-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Remove the .amf's in the .gro. It'll save a bit of filespace, every bit counts.

Your .gro works just fine for me. Have you perhaps actually subscribed to your workshop file? Setting it to public may also help. Also make sure for your own file is installed in Steam\SteamApps\common\serious sam hd the second encounter\Content\SeriousSamHD_TSE. If that doesn't work make sure you let SSHD enumerate packages and then restart before doing anything. The Workshops been a bit goofy recently as well so that's a thing, my SS3 workshop files got messed up and I had to redownload it all.

Looks like you did everything right though, good work.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:49 PM   #5   Add To Ignore List  
Kleer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
Remove the .amf's in the .gro. It'll save a bit of filespace, every bit counts.

Your .gro works just fine for me. Have you perhaps actually subscribed to your workshop file? Setting it to public may also help. Also make sure for your own file is installed in Steam\SteamApps\common\serious sam hd the second encounter\Content\SeriousSamHD_TSE. If that doesn't work make sure you let SSHD enumerate packages and then restart before doing anything. The Workshops been a bit goofy recently as well so that's a thing, my SS3 workshop files got messed up and I had to redownload it all.

Looks like you did everything right though, good work.
It worked! All I did was change the file path from "Content\SeriousSamHD\Models\Player\" to "Content\SeriousSamHD_TSE\Models\Player\" in the .nfo file.

Thanks for the help!