Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam 2

Serious Sam 2 Discuss anything and everything about Serious Sam 2, the official sequel to SS:FE and SS:SE.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-25-2005, 06:02 PM   #1   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Angry Why?

Running this game in D3D is a pain, distant objects have tearing, I have updated drivers, tweaked video options in the game and out of the game. Here is the joke though, when I run in OpenGL mode it runs great, but OH NO! The game crashes in 20 seconds with the classic vertex shader error. I even cleaned out my computer and dusted inside and out, I was having overheating problems, that has been fixed. Sam 2 is the only game on my PC that just does not want to run right.

Dell XPS GEN 2
2GB of Ram
Radeon 9800 XT. Driver is 6.14
Sound Blaster audigy 2
Pentium 4 3.00Ghz

If someone else has had this problem with distant objects morphing and tearing and has fixed this I would like to know what you did to fix this. I really would like to play this game, and is there a way to play in OpenGl mode without the crash?
Old 12-27-2005, 02:30 AM   #2   Add To Ignore List  
ZEN
roll'n ana stroll'n

Post the "Sam2 text file" in the main directory here and let us have a look.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:33 PM   #3   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Thumbs up Thanks for the reply

I seemed to have fixed the problem, I enabled AA in the ATI control panel and disabled it in the game, it seemed to have fixed this. My guess is that it was a conflict of sorts. but thanks for the reply
Old 12-27-2005, 11:39 PM   #4   Add To Ignore List  
Gnaar

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
Running this game in D3D is a pain, distant objects have tearing, I have updated drivers, tweaked video options in the game and out of the game. Here is the joke though, when I run in OpenGL mode it runs great, but OH NO! The game crashes in 20 seconds with the classic vertex shader error. I even cleaned out my computer and dusted inside and out, I was having overheating problems, that has been fixed. Sam 2 is the only game on my PC that just does not want to run right.

Dell XPS GEN 2
2GB of Ram
Radeon 9800 XT. Driver is 6.14
Sound Blaster audigy 2
Pentium 4 3.00Ghz

If someone else has had this problem with distant objects morphing and tearing and has fixed this I would like to know what you did to fix this. I really would like to play this game, and is there a way to play in OpenGl mode without the crash?

wait a min what mode were you useing that didnt ocme uop with vertex shader error? and how do i enable it?