Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam HD > Serious Sam HD Workshop

Serious Sam HD Workshop The official forum for Serious Sam: HD projects, be it maps, mods, or something else.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #241   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Default Re: Random questions thread

Is it for SSHD or SS3? Because you can't change the kamikaze blow up damage in SS3, it's set in its destruction settings you can't edit. You can maybe make a new destruction, but that's not the easiest thing to do.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #242   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

SS3, ah thats a bummer, Devostator is trying to make it work

edit: i basically want to use your super kamikaze as a boss fight

edit2: could someone help me set up a boss health bar?

edit3: nvm got it lol

got another problem, if i set the kamikaze to be a boss it cant suicide anymore, any way to fix that?

Last edited by Qynchou; 01-01-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #243   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Well, you can edit my Super Kamikaze's destruction easily, or give it the destruction of the big Friendly Arachnoid Adult Kamikaze from Scorpion Fort 2. The only problem is that there are no gibs yet.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #244   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

how can i edit the destruction?

edit:

whats the difference between spawnmaintaingroup, spawngroup and spawnsimple?

Last edited by Qynchou; 01-01-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #245   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Dunno about MaintainGroup, but SpawnGroup and SpawnSimple are different in the way that SpawnSimple simply spawns enemies forever till they run out using the settings set in their spawner, while SpawnGroup only spawns the number of enemies specified for one group in the spawner. E.g for a spawner with an enemy count of 40 and a group amount of 5 and a time of 8 seconds per group, a SpawnGroup would spawn just 5 enemies immediately, and SpawnSimple would spawn 5 enemies every 8 seconds until all 40 have spawned.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #246   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Thanks alot Finzy!

Might help me on the fact that i cant time some stuff right.

I do on event herpderp.AllKilled
spawn boss (with all the registers and settings)
but the thing is, regardless whether theyre all dead, it still spawns the boss
i tried letting them all spawn once, boss didnt spawn, okay, so i blow up like 50-70% of the kamikazes, boss spawns even tho theres still a couple left

another thing
on event boss.AllKilled
herpderp:pausespawn (forgot exact command)

even tho boss is killed, group continues to spawn
what could be my problem?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #247   Add To Ignore List  
Finzy Corp. CEO

Are you sure you selected all the enemy spawners and assigned them to the same variable?

I personally don't use On(Event( but Wait(Event instead, like this:

Wait(All(Events(Enemies.AllKilled)))
Boss:SpawnSimple()

And it's worked for me every time, might be worth a try for you. And no problem.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #248   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

MaintainGroup means that if you have 40 enemies but 5 in a group, whenever you kill an enemy out of that 5, another one will spawn to replace it. It is actually a very useful kind of spawners to keep a battle manageable but still long and big. It's the spawner that is used in Survival maps to keep the amount of enemies limited to not cause a slowdown as well.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #249   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Thanks alot Solais,

I think i just got it right now, for some reason On all events doesnt work for me finzy, but i think i made it work with Wave:StopSpawningAndDespawn(), works just the way i want it to.

Solais could i use your nighttime preset for my map? I would credit and all, not really sure if youd even care about that xD

question: how can i disable an enemy becoming stumbled? when he receives a certain amount of damage

edit: found it, its wound damage

Last edited by Qynchou; 01-04-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #250   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Which night time preset?

Wave:StopSpawningAndDespawn() is not good because you won't be able to kill all the enemies and the ones already spawned will just disappear.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #251   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Your museum survival night time?

Yeah its good for me, i want all spawns for assigned entities to stop spawning and to current mobs to disappear (it actually kills them which makes it even better lol)

by preset i just mean configuration, i saw you had some sort of half sphere added there for stars

edit: how do i assign path markers? about time i fix the pathing lol, every time some mob just gets stuck behind a wall or something

edit:
got the path markers to work, thanks to Solais!

Last edited by Qynchou; 01-04-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #252   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Oh okay, sure.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #253   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

trying to create a .gro file, getting this error:

Invocation of 'zip' command failed with error code 1. For proper operation, make sure you have Info-ZIP's (http://www.info-zip.org) zip installed in your path.

yes i do have it exctracted to my system32 folder, what am i missing?

edit: nvm apparently you have to place it into your world directory, garbage guides on youtube all over the place

edit2: why does it compress it into a .zip file rather than a .gro?

edit3: could someone give me a quick guide on how to compile a map for playing?

Last edited by Qynchou; 01-04-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:40 AM   #254   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

1. It'd be better if you place it in steamapps\common\serious sam 3 directory.
2. Because .gro is a .zip in disguise.
3. For map to be ready to be played, following things must be included in your gro:
- NFO file in your map's directory with the same name as your map's, which tells game that this particular map is to be showed in level selection menu. Contents of this file can be copied from CT's maps' NFO's, and edited appropriately, they are sort of self-explanatory. If your .wld is outside of Levels/Z5_Other or any CT's directory, an episode NFO must be created as well.
- Thumbnail that's mentioned in NFO file is a 512x256 screenshot of your map in .tex format and is showed in the level selection menu.
- And every resource that's required for map to launch. That auto gro tool you used should include all of them. Be noticed that it also includes unnecessary accidentally edited files such as decal/effects presets, puppet or weapon params and so on, which can interfere with other mods, so check and clean up your .gro before uploading.

I think that's about it.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:23 AM   #255   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificia1 View Post
1. It'd be better if you place it in steamapps\common\serious sam 3 directory.
2. Because .gro is a .zip in disguise.
3. For map to be ready to be played, following things must be included in your gro:
- NFO file in your map's directory with the same name as your map's, which tells game that this particular map is to be showed in level selection menu. Contents of this file can be copied from CT's maps' NFO's, and edited appropriately, they are sort of self-explanatory. If your .wld is outside of Levels/Z5_Other or any CT's directory, an episode NFO must be created as well.
- Thumbnail that's mentioned in NFO file is a 512x256 screenshot of your map in .tex format and is showed in the level selection menu.
- And every resource that's required for map to launch. That auto gro tool you used should include all of them. Be noticed that it also includes unnecessary accidentally edited files such as decal/effects presets, puppet or weapon params and so on, which can interfere with other mods, so check and clean up your .gro before uploading.

I think that's about it.
thanks for the response, thing is after i create a .gro, its not a .gro in zip disguise, its actually a .zip file, i dont think the game runs on zip files? or does it

edit: i placed that zip file inside the Z5_Other directory, it showed up in the menu selection, however i get a black screen when i press continue, and there seems to be 0 loading time

edit2: finally got it to work, partly lol
thanks Artificia1

so now my problem is when i play the map theres no music in it even though i have my worldinfo set up properly
also boss health bars dont appear while in game, but everything works in editor

Last edited by Qynchou; 01-06-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 AM   #256   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

http://forums.seriouszone.com/showpo...88&postcount=7

Use this tutorial for setting up info-zip. Also you have to use the in-editor "Create a gro file" option. Also, you must have your map open for the gro creation process to work.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #257   Add To Ignore List  
Footballer Orc

Just in case anybody needs:

In order to move models with animated mover you have to use a run handled block with a static model entity.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #258   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Okay I have a ton of question concerning models. This is about sed 3.5.

1. How would I go about making levels of detail for custom models? So that models don't just disappear when you go far away, but first go through several stages of simpler geometry.

2. I'm looking at the tree models, for example Tree03 right in front of the museum in the first level, and see them sway slightly in the wind. I also remember seeing palm trees do that. But the models don't have those animations! What gives?

3. Anyone succesfully imported from a .fbx file, keeping all the bones and animations intact? When I import the mesh, it works fine, UV maps work, and even the bones seem to exist in the list in the skeleton editor. Maybe that's just what the editor assumes based on the weight map names (they are present and named after the bones)? But they are invisible, even when I turn on rendering skeletons. I don't know where else to check on how much they actually exist in the model. And, of course, there seem to be no animations. When I add a new animset and import an animation from the same fbx file (I don't even know if I'm supposed to do that), it jumbles up my model something fierce, although an animation (of sorts) actually manifests - the jumbled mess of polygons seems to move, and in it's movement I can almost recognize the remains of the animation. Although there are still no visible bones when I do this.
What can be the cause of such strange behaviour? Incorrect FBX export settings? (For the record, when I import the FBX back into 3ds max, the bones and animation are still there) Something wrong about the model itself?
Maybe there is a way to resave/reexport the fbx, or whatever other file formats possible, through some other 3d modelling program? I only know 3ds max, though...

And a question about Sed 3, which I think was asked somewhere but I can't find it again and don't remember the answer - is it possible to import models into sed3 from any type of file that 3ds max can export? At least the mesh itself and the uvmaps? Perhaps pass the model through sed3.5 first somehow?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #259   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

1. In mesh editor, you can see those small rectangles at the bottom, near where you choose the editors in the drop down menu. Those rectangles are the different LODs, and their distances are set inside the Rendering layers.

2. It's their shader, I think it's either called Plant or Vegetation.

3. In the animation editor, you can get the bones appear if you recreate the missing envelopes. You can find this in the drop down menu near the down right edge of the "main screen". As for everything else, ask Viper45, he is our animation expert.

Sed3 can import/export amf or obj. Sed3.5 can import/export two other types, fbx and raw as far as I know.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #260   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

1. Oh wow, not sure how I missed that. I thought those were something else entirely, probably. But how do I create those lower-poly versions? I dared hope that I would be able to just import a different mesh into a different LOD, but of course it wasn't that easy. Are those made inside the mesh editor itself somehow?

2. Okay, that's interesting Totally gonna apply that shader to some other models, like houses and terrains, and see what happens.

3. I did that (it was "create" and not "recreate" though, was it what you meant?), I think. Added an empty animset and an empty animation and did that, the bone names appeared in the third drop down menu (where I did that) but nothing else changed, they are still invisible. Wait no, one thing changed: now if I import the animation from the fbx file, the model isn't jumbled up anymore, although now it doesn't move anymore either.

Also, are you sure about sed3 and obj? Mine only has tools for amf and raw. Is the obj import functionality somewhere else or did you misremember? I guess I could try to import fbx in sed3.5 and export in amf and import amf into sed3, I wonder if that'll work...
Old 02-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #261   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

1. In the Mesh editor, in the right side menu you can find a Mesh Simplification Tool. Using that you can simplify the meshes for the LODs. You just copy the original mesh to the LODs then simplify them.

Maybe it's amf and raw, I could be wrong, haven't checked it.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #262   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Okay, thanks a lot for answering, the LODs were probably what I wanted to know the most anyway and now everything should be pretty clear with them.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #263   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

after importing my mesh to serious editor 3 it doesn't seem to load it. I followed pan's tutorial to the letter and the mesh doesn't even want to download . I do get some errors when I move to the folder for the models.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #264   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

When you export the model in Blender, do you export it to .amf? When you are exporting it are you in Object mode? I think that's what it was called, been a while. You need to be in object mode to be able to export to .amf correctly. If you aren't the .amf export will be corrupted.

You can tell when you're in object mode in blender when the model is smoothed over and you don't see any polygon lines on the model. When you export it make sure you select the model with right click so that it is outlined in yellow.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #265   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

This should count as a random question, did anyone report that bug with newly broken fbx support? In a nearby thread me and Artificial came to the conclusion that while the bones worked at some point, they really don't survive the fbx import anymore. I almost got my hopes up that this can get fixed, but NNNOPE.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #266   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

I got it in object mode and made sure no parts of the model was hiding. along with joining the head and body pieces into one body Sadly when i export it and try again it still does not recognize the mesh
Old 03-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #267   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Are you using Blender 2.59?
Old 03-06-2013, 01:54 AM   #268   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

I am Using Blender 2.61 at the moment. I tried to stick to the one you said in the description to use
Old 03-06-2013, 02:10 AM   #269   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

I forget which blender version I said to use cause I'm forgetful. Well I'm not sure what the issue is. If you like, save the .blend file and send it to me via PM and I will happily take a look for you.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #270   Add To Ignore List  
Kamikaze

Dropped ya a pm with the file just now. hope it got through fine