Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Serious Sam Series > Serious Sam Classic

Serious Sam Classic Discuss anything and everything relating to Serious Sam Classic and its 2 parts; The First Encounter and The Second Encounter.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #31   Add To Ignore List  
Pan
Silver Lined Boots

Default Re: Scrapped Serious Sam stuff and beta info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danker View Post
you won´t believe it, but some guy found all the GhostBuster files for Test 1 and he played with it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi7ubmZTdZM
Fake and gay.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #32   Add To Ignore List  
Black Star

Seriously! Creative Moderator

Quote:
you won´t believe it, but some guy found all the GhostBuster files for Test 1 and he played with it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi7ubmZTdZM
The sound does fit, but the video is shit.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #33   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

From the video:

"uhh... no? I uploaded that for MasterLink191 on 2011-10-02 like 2shared says? And besides, nobody else even uses 2shared anymore, everyone uses Mediafire, except for me, I still use 2shared like it shows"

It's fake. The guy who posted it is a bit too gullible when it comes to SS beta info.

He also posted a resource dump of all the Ghostbuster's leftover files in Tests 1 and 2 and said it made the Ghostbuster playable in Test 1.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #34   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Oh hey, found some neat misc info about prototype versions of SS1.

http://web.archive.org/web/200007072.../serious.shtml

Reader's Digest version:

- The beta video we all know about was actually made in 1999, not 2000.

- The game was divided into three episodes; Egypt, the Planets, and Sky City. There would be a boss at the end of each one.

- Mental was the final boss at one point.

- most of the resources were already done in 1999. Seems like they decided to radically overhaul the game at one point, focus only on Egypt and slim down the enemy types to make a more solid experience.

- There were supposed to be over 40 enemy types in the game, which is consistent with what we know about the scrapped enemies and the ones in the final game.

- An expansion pack was already planned in 1999.

EDIT: Found a preview that was made a month or so after Test 1 was released.

http://www.sharkyextremegames.com/ga...k/serious_sam/

It's mostly a basic overview of Test 1, but it has a very interesting fact buried in it; the Sniper Rifle was supposed to be in TFE at one point. That explains the Sniper Rifle model code in the TFE SDK.

Last edited by Squadala; 04-21-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:04 AM   #35   Add To Ignore List  
Khnum

It's beyond me how you found that, but nice job!

Quote:
We have all levels of the all three episodes ready, all enemies modeled and animated, and all sound FX.
If they had all of the maps finished, why don't they release them? They won't be using them as they are in future games for sure. I doubt it that they have deleted them. I PMed Alen Ladavac to ask him whether I could have the beta maps for inspiration and ideas for my mod, I did that back in January, and he still hasn't replied...

Last edited by God Of Gaming; 04-21-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:13 AM   #36   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

It got hocked.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #37   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Admir told me that Croteam will use things from the beta in futur games. When I asked if there will be a *Serious Sam: Beta Encounter* he said... "will see". That would be awesome.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #38   Add To Ignore List  
Andromeda

Seriously! Sam Master

Where did you find all that stuff? It isn't playable?

Procyon, alive... and still shining.
Check STM 1.08B for SSSE by Troy and Zeo.
French mapper and modder since 2010.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #39   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

(Alen) The main reason why Croteam removed all that stuffs is, first, because publisher didn't wanted to release a "huge" game like this, and because the game didn't had a story. It had only levels without really having links between them. And the other reason is, as you can see, they did a lot of progress on the graphic part, so they focused only on one part of the game and on some enemies.

Last edited by Clonejac; 07-24-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:12 AM   #40   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Yeah, I figured that happened.

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:35 AM   #41   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

Here's a mini story:

Sam originally traveled to egypt becasue Mental's troops were arriving in Giza, after that, Sam figured that the troop sources come from 5 different planets, suggesting that Sam should go to all of those planets to kill all kinds of troops there, after that, Sam would discover Earth was almost dead, so he decided to go to Sirius and finally, kill Mental

Old 07-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #42   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Talking Re: Scrapped Serious Sam stuff and beta info

Quote:
Here's a mini story:

Sam originally traveled to egypt becasue Mental's troops were arriving in Giza, after that, Sam figured that the troop sources come from 5 different planets, suggesting that Sam should go to all of those planets to kill all kinds of troops there, after that, Sam would discover Earth was almost dead, so he decided to go to Sirius and finally, kill Mental

Simple
Old 07-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #43   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonejac View Post
Simple
Serious Sam doesn't have a very solid story, a solid one, but not TOO solid, with a nice writer, they could do a better story, and then, do 1999 beta again
Old 07-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #44   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Quote:
Serious Sam doesn't have a very solid story, a solid one, but not TOO solid, with a nice writer, they could do a better story, and then, do 1999 beta again
I think that Serious Sam don't need a "solid" story. The story isn't so important.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #45   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

Well i don't know if i can write this, if i can't please delete it:

One of those guys from the beta remake wrote me this:

I am the guy who realised the ghostbuster video & files because the filas aient some random ghostbuster randoms,they are all what the ghostbuster had so the files are for the real ghostbuster,you only need to put it in the game,the video is real! btw the one who asked croteam for the lava rocks gun and others gues who it is never mind i have a facebook page "SERIOUS SAM BETA" and there you can find out how i can get the beta in 4-5 ways,croteam will give the beta to me personaly when ill come to zagreb (this summer) but please (because my channel on serious zone is not working) could you post on that threat (i am remaking the beta) could you say yust that i need some modeler because the wiles of the ghostbuster are only needed to put in the game...

Sounds like this guy needs modelers...
Old 07-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #46   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

He's an idiot and he's full of it. His attempts at trying to "fix" scrapped content seem to be limited to ripping models from SS2 or jury-rigging in-game models and attempting to import them into the game, then try to rig them into using the leftover code in the game's files. Naturally, this doesn't work very well in most cases because it makes the game crash. When it does work, it looks like something made by Frankenstein instead of an actual recreation. He would be much better off both remaking models from scratch and coding the weapons from the ground up so they're 100% compatible with the latest version of SE1, but there's no way he has or will find the talent that could do that.

And don't get me started with his actual personality. If you aren't worshiping him and say he's always right, he thinks you're against him. However, if you show even a small hint that you may have or know something he doesn't, he will continuously hound you on Facebook or Youtube for the item until you tell him to shut up. IIRC, he's been harassing Alen Ladavec for several months to dig up an old backup tape when Alen obviously has much more important things to do. Basically, he is an utter nightmare to talk and reason with. He has some other "quirks" that make him almost impossible to talk to, but I don't think most people would care about those.

I've given up trying to reason with him long ago. I'd say he's mentally ill, but he's thirteen and is English as a second language, so I'm willing to give him some leeway.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #47   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Well, I already tryed to get this beta (asking Alen and Admir), but (sadly) this beta doesn't exist anymore :/
Old 07-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #48   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Well that's not surprising. At this point, I'd be interested in old resources, like raw Lightwave models or old levels, to be released. It's not as interesting as a compiled prototype, but it does let you export the materials to the final version and make a mini-mod out of it.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:41 AM   #49   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Well they definitely have some prototype levels, since that's how the Beast DLC came to be.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #50   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Well they definitely have some prototype levels, since that's how the Beast DLC came to be.
Like I said, I figure they have old resources (like scrapped level backups, obsolete design docs for future reference, and raw Lightwave sources of SS1 models), but not an actual working prototype.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #51   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

The dude who runs the Serious Sam Beta Facebook page uploaded some TFE prototype screenshots I've never seen before. I was interested, but the dolt put a godawful, MS Paint "watermark" on the images over their original watermark, along with a few MS Paint arrows. However, with a little Google-Fu, I was able to find the originals without his dumb "watermark".

http://i.imgur.com/nlh3k.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FLN9D.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hvXg7.jpg

Source: http://www.gamershell.com/pc/serious...reenshots.html

The most interesting image is the first one. The Blue Biomechs were originally pinkish at one point. The second has what appears to be a prototype version of the Yellow Arachnoid, and the third one has a weird-looking Grenade Launcher FOV. All three of them have the old Flamethrower ammo icon, suggesting that you were supposed to get the Flamethrower before or during Suburbs. There's also something slightly off on the Green Reptiloids, but I can't say if it's actually something that was changed or because of other factors, like in-game lighting or the jpg dithering in the images.

Last edited by Squadala; 07-21-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:25 AM   #52   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Those Biomechas look more whiteish/greyish than pinkish to me.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:36 AM   #53   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Quote:
Those Biomechas look more whiteish/greyish than pinkish to me.
Looking at it again, you're right. Plus, it fits with the scrapped grey Biomech found in Test 1's files. Looks like the grey Biomech survived a big longer than I thought it did originally.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:04 AM   #54   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Yeah.

What I also wonder about is that Arachnoid texture. Maybe it's the texture of the scrapped third version the Monster/Elder?

Old 07-21-2012, 04:12 AM   #55   Add To Ignore List  
ah damnit

Seriously! Secret Agent

Quote:
Yeah.

What I also wonder about is that Arachnoid texture. Maybe it's the texture of the scrapped third version the Monster/Elder?
I'm not sure about the Arachnoid in the image I posted earlier, but the Monster Arachnoid did appear in a pre-release screenshot. He's the one on the bottom right-hand corner.

http://i.imgur.com/z8tbP.jpg

I'm sure that's him because the old "artwork" section on Croteam's website mentions the Monster Arachnoid in it's description of Arachnoids, and it fits the one on the lower right-hand corner of that image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwork Page
Young warriors that are only a ten or so years old are brown-yellow in color, only 10 feet tall, and just about something like that long, not counting their long tail. As they mature, after about a hundred years, their exoskeleton turns red. They most usually grow up to be about 20-25 feet big. Elders that are more than a thousand years old are very rare and extremely dangerous. Hardened in countless fights they are wicked and vicious. Their plates turn blue with spots of rusty color where they are no more able to heal their old wounds as before, and they are sized like a smaller house. These ones are not a joke. They are serious enemies.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:37 AM   #56   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Hmmm, it looks more red/orangish than blue... hmmmm...

Last edited by Solais; 07-21-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:11 AM   #57   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Look what I found:

This is the map CityMiddleYards in the beta: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/91...79EA1513D67AC/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...F16412048E422/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...0D0C72318D9D6/

And this is the exact same map in the LoTB DLC (btw, the level name in .gro file is still CityMiddleYards)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/91...A307213DE6546/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/91...F4EBD1D64FDD4/

All 3 maps in the DLC are CityEnter, CityMiddleYards and CityObeliskYard. AlenL confirmed that thoses maps are maps from the beta.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:00 AM   #58   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Old stuff, it was known for a long time now, but for more evidence I show you something:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3821/renderingtypesbig.th.jpg http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4589/402citymiddleyards0000.th.png

Last edited by Solais; 08-08-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:10 AM   #59   Add To Ignore List  
Werebull

Smile Re: Scrapped Serious Sam stuff and beta info

Quote:
Old stuff, it was known fo a long time now, but for more evidence I show you something:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3821/renderingtypesbig.th.jpg http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4589/402citymiddleyards0000.th.png

Ohhhh 0.0 ! !!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #60   Add To Ignore List  
Lurker

The man behind SERIOUS SAM BETA Facebook page (thekazuya005) found something pretty important and interesting in Test 1.

- At one point Test 1 was supposed to have 2 levels, the one we know as Karnak and one of the Final levels which would include many scrapped weapons like the Ghostbuster Pipebombs and the Cannon (probably it contained nukeballs).

- He found something pretty interesting in Karnak, if you die, well you can see a hidden obelisk below the floor and he says you can find many scrapped stuff below it.

http://images.wikia.com/serious/images/1/19/Hidden_obelisk.JPG

- Sam's gloves were supposed to say COOL in Test 1 at one point.

Yep this guy has found some cool stuff in Test 1, I've never imagined this would've existed.

Credit him for this info (not me) i just shared