Seriously!

Go Back   Seriously! Forums > Gaming > Game Talk

Game Talk Talk about your favorite games! Arrange play times! And more!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-22-2017, 05:22 AM   #3901   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Default Re: Random game talk

Yep, the sale starts in 7.5 hours from now for everybody.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.
"Can we just move Discy's posts to the HOF automatically already? :P" -Jetty

Ir-Kalla: Serious Sam Classic map pack in development (Ir-Kalla: Egypt Demo)
Old 06-22-2017, 03:32 PM   #3902   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Got it now.
Wow, all my games on my wishlist are on sale.
Grrr, this sucks when you are trying to save up for a game.
But, cant pass up a few of those cheapies like Mother Russia Bleeds, NFS: Hot Pursuit, and even Dead Rising 4 (50% off is probably as good as its going to get for a MS game).
Since Quake Live used to be free, I dont think even 2.99 is worth it. I was hoping for a .99 price.

Last edited by Dave3d; 06-22-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:39 AM   #3903   Add To Ignore List  
s! shitposter

"33 items from your steam wishlist are on sale"

nice

The hand has five fingers, capable and powerful,
with the ability to destroy as well as create.
Open your eyes, open your mouths,
Close your hands and make a fist.

22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: it's bain's amazing trap
22:06 - ♠Jetroid: Is it amazing?
22:06 - ♠T-ReXx: no
Old 06-25-2017, 05:52 AM   #3904   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Why has Quake 1 no Use key, which you can press?

Why did id did made this decision, in the past?
Old 06-25-2017, 06:50 AM   #3905   Add To Ignore List  
Developer Fairy

Croteam Representative

Probably to make the gameplay faster.

My Serious Sam 3/HD Workshop

While I do work for Croteam, I'm first of all of this community, so my opinions are my own and do not represent Croteam's views.
Unless when I use this nice blue color I totally didn't steal from Blizzard.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:01 AM   #3906   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

If Quake was released today two years after Doom 1 people would complain it was 'dumbed down for the console peasants' for lacking a use button.
[22:30] Fiendian: Discy, Finzy and Louva shall merge into a superentity known as the Lickyfonz.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:39 PM   #3907   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Yeah, there was no 'Use' back in the day, you just ran over stuff and automatically got the item.
Doors were either open or closed, and if they were closed you could not go through it.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:29 PM   #3908   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
Yeah, there was no 'Use' back in the day, you just ran over stuff and automatically got the item.
Doors were either open or closed, and if they were closed you could not go through it.
But Doom & Wolf 3D had Use k, Space as default.

And were released earlier.

Also use button adds the feeling of interacting with stuff to a world like in RL.
Outside of Combat ofc.

Also i think Quake 1 can be seen as a grandfather of Zombie games with a pretty good violent atmosphere/vibe.

Enemies really seems to hate you in Q1/Q2, make angry sounds.

Enemie 3d models looks ugly today, haven't aged well since 1996.

Last edited by Gnaarwarian; 06-26-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:28 AM   #3909   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

God, I am so hyped about the Nintendo SNES classic coming out. The SNES was such a formative console in my youth, so it's gonna bring on nostalgia hardcore. I know the same thing can be accomplished with emulators, but it just doesn't feel the same. I plan on buying this for two simple reasons: A previously unreleased Star Fox game and Super Mario RPG. I've been dying to play Super Mario RPG and Nintendo has been incredibly reluctant to release it on their virtual store. That game alone is almost worth the $80, all the other games are just icing on the cake.

Now if only I can manage to preorder a copy before they sell out
Old 06-29-2017, 11:58 AM   #3910   Add To Ignore List  
Did you see?

魂クラッシャー

Xcom2 is a bit frustrating.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #3911   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post
God, I am so hyped about the Nintendo SNES classic coming out. The SNES was such a formative console in my youth, so it's gonna bring on nostalgia hardcore. I know the same thing can be accomplished with emulators, but it just doesn't feel the same. I plan on buying this for two simple reasons: A previously unreleased Star Fox game and Super Mario RPG. I've been dying to play Super Mario RPG and Nintendo has been incredibly reluctant to release it on their virtual store. That game alone is almost worth the $80, all the other games are just icing on the cake.

Now's the time to be good "friends" with a Gamestop employee.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:37 PM   #3912   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy Rider View Post

Yeah I really wanna get one too, but I'm afraid getting one in NL is going to be tough

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 06-29-2017, 02:44 PM   #3913   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Yeah I really wanna get one too, but I'm afraid getting one in NL is going to be tough
I heard Amazon UK opened up pre-orders a few days ago. Then proceeded to sell out in a few hours. I've got email alerts for all relevant websites (Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, etc) for when they open it up for pre-orders. I'm praying to the gaming gods that it will open up when I am available and can secure myself a spot.

I just don't get it. Nintendo has said they plan to produce more units than the NES classic, but still say they will only produce through the end of December. Why not just keep producing them until the demand balances out? Fans will gladly throw Nintendo money if they actually let them. Nintendo has absolutely nothing to gain by a scarce and hyper-inflated secondhand market. I just don't understand their business model sometimes.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:33 PM   #3914   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

Because Nintendo constantly makes ridiculous business decisions that tremendously favor scalpers and hurt the average fan. Artificial scarcity is nothing new to them. It also ensures that the product always appears to be in huge demand in order to generate more of a lasting buzz beyond the initial launch period.

I've been a big Nintendo fan ever since they entered the console market but the BS that they pulled with the NES Classic completely soured me towards them. If I could have casually walked into a store to pick up a SNES Classic, I probably would have done so but I'm not going to bust my balls in order to play along with the stupid stunts that they pull. And what better way to release a game two decades too late than to ensure that hardly anyone will get a chance to play it unless they feel like coughing up some extra cash to scalpers?
Old 06-29-2017, 04:55 PM   #3915   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorchop View Post
Because Nintendo constantly makes ridiculous business decisions that tremendously favor scalpers and hurt the average fan. Artificial scarcity is nothing new to them. It also ensures that the product always appears to be in huge demand in order to generate more of a lasting buzz beyond the initial launch period.
I get that, but why would they even do that in the first place? They have absolutely nothing to gain from it. They get zero profit from the huge markup from scalpers (aside from the initial sale). Generating buzz makes sense... if they actually bothered to do another production run. Nintendo has repeatedly said that they have no plans to do another run of NES classic units, even though there is a tremendous demand for them. I think that line of thinking has worked for them from a business standpoint for units like Wii and Switch, but makes zero sense for a limited production unit.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:54 AM   #3916   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

I don't think that anyone, even Nintendo, has a good answer to that question. My best guess would be that Virtual Console will eventually come to the Switch so they don't want too many people to own the classic systems as it might disincentivize them from purchasing the VC titles. They might also be using the classic systems to draw attention to the fact that the Switch exists in hopes of attracting older folk who no longer play video games. The main goal is to get more people on the Switch. In any case, it's a big middle finger to their customers, especially when the enigmatic StarFox 2 is debuting on this thing and might be the only way to ever play it.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:26 AM   #3917   Add To Ignore List  
Banned

Playing Quake 2 actual.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:48 PM   #3918   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Hey Rockstar, it's been nearly a year since the first RDR2 trailer and the game is supposedly coming out in just a few months, can we have a new trailer or something?
Old 07-10-2017, 05:54 AM   #3919   Add To Ignore List  
🐱 Kitty 💘💙💚💛💜

Crackshell Developer

Really? It's been that long ago? :O

Nimble Writer - now available on Steam, Itch.io.
CodeCat, my blog that I need to update - I also have a showcase, which I barely update.
(I do not respond to PM's about Serious Sam Revolution or Bogus Detour. Please use the appropriate community hubs for that.)
Old 07-10-2017, 11:18 PM   #3920   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

The trailer came out Oct. 20 so it's been nearly 9 months.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:07 AM   #3921   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Long enough for you to bear your child of discontent.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:54 AM   #3922   Add To Ignore List  
Saruman the Pimp

Seriously! Beardmaster

That's kind of been the marketing strategy with Rockstar for their last few major releases and it has worked incredibly well. I remember with GTA V they released a teaser announcement trailer about a year before release. Just showing enough the generate hype, then literally said nothing else about it until a month before release. I expect they are doing the same thing with RDR2... and I'm not disappointed.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:58 PM   #3923   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

YouTube Video: DSP is losing his mind

So anyone want to take bets on when Phil will kill himself? I say without a hint of hyperbole that there's a very good chance that suicide is just around the corner with this train wreck.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #3924   Add To Ignore List  
ideas but no skills

Seriously! Archivist/Slave

When you start to wonder when someone will commit suicide, you first need to ask yourself whether suicide is around the corner for you.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:14 PM   #3925   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

It's not, it's just that DSP is clearly in a downward spiral with little to no hope of getting out.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #3926   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAngus View Post
Hey Rockstar, it's been nearly a year since the first RDR2 trailer and the game is supposedly coming out in just a few months, can we have a new trailer or something?
Well, my buddies came up this week, and one brought his PS3 up, with RDR on it, for me to play, since I have wanted it to come out on PC for so long, he gave up for me.

Great game so far, dont know why they never made it for pc (I am thinking they may do a whole RDR2 for pc PLUS RDR1 FOR PC FOR THE 1ST TIME EVER!!! ).

I am having some serious controller issues.
I cant aim or look for sheeet.
Had to put on auto-shoot (casual) for the 1st time ever in a video game, and even then I have problems trying to get the right stick to where the bad guy is for it to snap to him).
Where is my mouse!!!!!!??????
Hehe

Question for you all:
My wife just got back from her trip, and she says no-go on gaming at night (usually as I fall asleep I will have the tv on, this would be replaced by playing RDR, and yes I fell asleep playing it just fine lol).

So, I looked at options for hooking up my wireless usb headset to the PS3 (it wont do usb headsets though, I have looked through hundreds of pages of websites, and they all say you cant do regular pc usb headsets on the ps3).
I have an old pair of just regular 3.5mm wireless headPHONES (yes, just stereo, which is fine for the game).

I found out that you can use a series of this to get these headphones working:
1. PS3 non-hdmi cable (just for sound, yes, I know) red/white rca cables to >
2. Female (dual, 2 female each side) connectors, so 4 male red/white rca sound cables can be connected together to >
3. Red/white rca cables to a single 3.5mm jack, female to >
4. My old headphones connected to the 3.5mm jack (have to have option on in ps3 for seperate sound from hdmi, yes, I know).

The question:
Did NO ONE make a kit for this setup for the ps3?
I mean, its not a hard setup, its just that you have to buy all of the other cables and stuff, which can get expensive.
It seems that someone would have made a kit for this to happen?
Or does Sony not allow any mod kits or anything to be sold under the ps3 name?

(hehe, I am not even going to get into how this makes my hands hurt using a controller (but NOT as bad as the original xbox controller did. or, I am on meds that make my hands not hurt as much, lol), OR the very very wierd position i find my hands in just to move the left stick, then switch hands positions to move the right stick, lol, its so funny).
I am just asking about the > 3.5mm headphone jack 'all in one' cable.

Last edited by Dave3d; 07-12-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:05 PM   #3927   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Xbox 360 controller is far a lot better than PS3 gamepad. I can't aim very well....I loathed PS3 gamepad.

Use L stick it easy to control...Xbox 360 controller I love...
Old 07-13-2017, 04:39 AM   #3928   Add To Ignore List  
T-Mech

I could've sworn that you could use a USB adapter in order to use your headphones with the PS3. I have one that I use with my headset on PC since my auxiliary port bit the dust. It came with some old Turtle Beach headset but maybe I can find a link to what I'm talking about later. The PS3 was pretty good about offering universal hardware support so I can't imagine that it wouldn't work.

Sony really wanted people to use Bluetooth however. That's the primary way that I remember using a headset and microphone. I think the idea was to eliminate the need for a proprietary headset like the 360 but then you're stuck with Bluetooth of course.

I can try to test my USB adapter when I have some free time and get back to you. The method that I currently use is HDMI to my monitor, which has a built in headphone jack. I'd be surprised if your TV doesn't have a headphone jack as well, which would patch the audio from the HDMI input to your headphones, bypassing the TV speakers.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:22 AM   #3929   Add To Ignore List  
Goodbye Moonmen

Seriously! Khnum

Quote:
I am having some serious controller issues.
I cant aim or look for sheeet.
Had to put on auto-shoot (casual) for the 1st time ever in a video game, and even then I have problems trying to get the right stick to where the bad guy is for it to snap to him).
Where is my mouse!!!!!!??????
Hehe
It's not you. For all console games do right, the aiming is absolutely garbage without aim assist for certain genres where precise aiming is important. Slower paced games that don't require precise aiming (generally RPGs, platformers) often feel more at home with a controller. I play the Dark Souls series exclusively with controller because it feels much more natural.

Quote:
The question:
Did NO ONE make a kit for this setup for the ps3?
I mean, its not a hard setup, its just that you have to buy all of the other cables and stuff, which can get expensive.
It seems that someone would have made a kit for this to happen?
Or does Sony not allow any mod kits or anything to be sold under the ps3 name?
Apparently that is the best way to get headphone audio on your PS3, because Sony pushed heavily for wireless back then. You can easily connect Bluetooth controllers and headsets (if you notice there is no wired DS3 controller, only Bluetooth that you have to connect with USB to recharge) but your wired options are limited.

However, I know this won't help you now but at least Sony realized their error because the DualShock 4 has a built-in 3.5mm port on the controller (which I always connect my high quality headphones to). It drains the battery like there's no tomorrow, but you gotta pay for comfort, right?

Quote:
(hehe, I am not even going to get into how this makes my hands hurt using a controller (but NOT as bad as the original xbox controller did. or, I am on meds that make my hands not hurt as much, lol), OR the very very wierd position i find my hands in just to move the left stick, then switch hands positions to move the right stick, lol, its so funny).
I am just asking about the > 3.5mm headphone jack 'all in one' cable.
In my opinion the Xbox S/360/One controller design is superior to the DualShock 2/3 design in every way. The sticks are next to each other which cause my thumbs to bump into each other all the time and it doesn't feel as natural in my hand. The DualShock 4 design is a huge improvement, but I still prefer the Xbox design.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #3930   Add To Ignore List  
Lava Golem

Well, all the info that I can find is that even bluetooth headsets only had the mic enabled, and thats it. Never the background sound of the game.
I have read of 2 people that got their whole headset to work, and that was out of hundreds of peoples posts.

I dont have money for anything expensive.
I may have the rca to 3.5mm jack somewhere in all of my boxes, so all I would need is the original ps3 red/white/yellow(orange?) cable from my buddy, who left it down in california, so I dont have it here anyway.

I have my 3.5mm jack headphones, and my corsair H2100 headset for pc. But, the 2100 is said to not work at all.
Only the weird 3.5mm jack EVERYONE says works.

Its ok.
I will play it, and finish is, and give it back to him, and that will be that.
Just would be nice to be able to play at night w/o waking the wife.

And as for the tv OUT, I do not have a 3.5mm jack on it, only an IN (next to the vga input).
I have hdmi hooked up, so I get sound from the ps3 from the tv, but no 3.5mm jack as an OUT, otherwise I would have used that.
Shoot, ps3 SHOULD have a 3.5mm jack OUT on it, but it doesnt. Its stupid.